Wedding Etiquette Forum

Parisian Gift Ideas

So I'm brainstorming what to gift my two bridesmaids at rehearsal. I really want them to be meaningful and something they would really appreciate. I think I have an idea for one bridesmaid but need to expand on it a bit. She is traveling solo to Paris next May and I was thinking what if I could gift her something Parisian inspired? Maybe tickets to all the major art museums and the Eiffel Tower? Is this weird or do you think it's a good gift? Otherwise she is a huge lover of Anthropologie. I could gift her a gift card there but I'd prefer something more thoughtful than that. 

Re: Parisian Gift Ideas

• I think you are on the right track and what a thoughtful idea. I would also recommend Rick Steve's travel guide to either Paris or France (depending on which would be most appropriate). I like the idea of a Metro pass, too. A phrase book would also be useful if she doesn't speak French.
  • I used a Frommer's guidebook in NOLA last year and really liked the insights and tips it offered, so I'd expect their Paris book to be equally helpful.
  • Tickets to the Louvre, and/or Eiffel tower would be AWESOME, but I agree you need to be careful about how and when they can be used. I also highly highly highly recommend Versaille, but it requires a bus ride out of the city, if she's cool with that.

A metro pass would be very useful.

A guide book for Paris travel would be good.
  • May is a long time off- usually metro fares change in March so they might be moot. Is she a foodie? In to photography? Architecture? You can get nice themed walking tours in English. Otherwise, I agree, get her a great travel book, maybe a film (Amelie, midnight in Paris) and some Euros with a note to use them for coffee/ice cream at Berthillon and an afternoon at the Rodin museum. 
  • May is a long time off- usually metro fares change in March so they might be moot. Is she a foodie? In to photography? Architecture? You can get nice themed walking tours in English. Otherwise, I agree, get her a great travel book, maybe a film (Amelie, midnight in Paris) and some Euros with a note to use them for coffee/ice cream at Berthillon and an afternoon at the Rodin museum. 
    She definitely loves food but she is a vegan. She's actually in the process of researching restaurants with vegan options. She loves photography, art, architecture. I would definitely describe her as a free spirit, boho. She is the biggest Francophile and we had planned on doing the trip together but because I have my wedding planned a few months before, it just didn't end up happening for me. 

I think some type of basket deal with everything Parisian inspired would be perfect for her.
  • Thanks everyone for helping me get the ball rolling! I appreciate all of your feedback as well :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards