Wedding Woes

FRIDAY!!!

What's up people?! 

What are you doing this weekend?

For moi...

Tonight:  Dinner with a friend
Tomorrow: My first ever bikini wax (eee!), shopping, bdays for my sister, dad, BIL, and nephew. 
Sunday: NADA! 

All the mens in my house are going on a camping trip tonight and tomorrow night. 

Re: FRIDAY!!!

• I'm sitting on the patio working while the kids swing. 

Tomorrow we have to be at the soccer fields at the ass crack of dawn (7:30, but they're 30 mins away) for 6let.  Then another field at 1:30 for M2.  Then back to the first field for 6let's second game at 5:45. 

Sunday 6let plays again, TBD by the outcome of the first two games.  Then I'm thinking movies.  I need to clean a bit too though because I'm hosting card club Monday night.
  • @mrsconn23  I've heard taking an anti-inflammatory before a wax helps.

@6fns boo too early!

Last night - banking. We got the money order and at lunch I'm going to bring to the lawyers office. Got some vlogging in {I have a youtube channel fyi} and went to wander Cabella's {hunting, fishing, etc store - just opened and H really wanted to see it}

Tonight - going to look at a store for pants and need to pick up coffee. H is going to see "Sully" with friends, I'm cooking. Macaroni, tomato and hamburger for next week. Also making a list of what's in our freezer because we're likely not using anymore - or very minimal.

Saturday - Need to stop at our cable/net/etc place to set up when they come to the new house and set things up. Have to go to mall also - we crushed H's glasses on the couch this week, so they're bent. I also want to exchange a shirt. Evening I'll go to my mum's to get gloves for backyard stuff, and I'm bringing food for her.

Sunday - taking tv off wall to fill holes. Make sure all things are packed and organized. Some things aren't packed and we're just putting in bins after we unpack some stuff {easier}

I know there's other stuff to do, but can't think of it off hand lol

Keys Monday!
  • I get off work at 2. I may or may not take a sleeping pill at 3.

Tomorrow my dad and my H are redoing the roof on my sister's garage. I'm supervising since she's got responsibilities out of town (Dad's been saying he's going to do this roof for like three years and he picks the weekend that she has to shut down the lake). Sunday is the same but my sister will be home early in the morning. So I'll have vodka lemonades while the boys work.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • I get off work at 2. I may or may not take a sleeping pill at 3.

Tomorrow my dad and my H are redoing the roof on my sister's garage. I'm supervising since she's got responsibilities out of town (Dad's been saying he's going to do this roof for like three years and he picks the weekend that she has to shut down the lake). Sunday is the same but my sister will be home early in the morning. So I'll have vodka lemonades while the boys work.

Priorities. Also, can we be bffs lol
  • Today my cousin is coming over!  I'm so excited to have company.  Especially since it's Homecoming at FI's school so he won't be home until late.

Last night I avoided pain pills so FI and I could go out to eat and I could have 1 glass of wine.  Probably not the smartest move, but dinner has never tasted so good.  Bourbon Pot Roast Nachos.  'Nuff said.

Can we talk about something that straight creeps me out?  People who romanticize their relationships with their children, especially single moms of boys.  I have a few friends (FB and real) who are guilty, but the one creeping me out today is the one who refers to her 3 year old as her prince.  That's just wrong and gross to me.  Don't make your kid out to be some Disney love interest because you hate his father.
  • Tonight is grocery shopping and some laundry.

Tomorrow, DH has to work in the morning and I have a work outing at a local camp/ranch 10-3.  I'm on the committee so will be there by 9 AM to set up.

Sunday is church, more laundry and football.

DH would like to go see "Sully" so we'll probably do that Saturday late afternoon.
  • @ShesSoCold I'm coming to that vodka lemonade party. Right up my alley.

@MissKittyDanger A YouTube channel! That's awesome. Props to you. I always admire people who have those. I hate seeing/hearing myself talk.

@kimmiinthemitten YES. So gross. I'm a little more ok with it if it's a dad and daughter, but that can get super creepy too if it's to the extreme.

Not much going on here this weekend. I am determined to make it fall in my house even though it is still in the 90's here. So tomorrow I am going to make chicken, bacon and potato soup in my new crock pot and then I'm busting out all my fall décor (which in reality is only a few items). I'll probably do some cleaning and grocery shopping at some point.

DH is leaving for another season of aerial surveying in a couple of weeks. He will be gone from mid or late October until February :( I'm trying to do whatever I can to make the next couple of weeks fun and special for us since he'll be missing out on all of the holiday stuff. I'm not 100% sure what it will look like yet. I'm thinking maybe a really nice homemade dinner with family and friends to send him off. Also, it's going to suck doing the holidays alone.

• @thefanciestbeckler  i'm not that popular lmao! I started doing makeup and since everyone else does makeup also, I have to expand into doing other stuff lmao
    Also you get use to hearing yourself. It's more awkward recording when you're basically talking to yourself and acting as if you're talking to your bff ;)
  • Tonight we're going to go see Repo! the Genetic Opera, which I'm excited about.  Tomorrow we were supposed to go to a roller derby game.  I'm not sure what K is going to decide; the backlash against her taking a knee has gotten violent and threats of violence have now been made against her and her entire team.  I told her I'd support whatever decision she makes.  It's an ugly situation with no good answer.  I'm pretty pissed off though.  Sunday, we're having brunch with one of her BFFs and then I've signed up for voter registration canvassing.  Yay political season!
  • Today is FH's birthday. I have literally nothing planned. I bought him the 3rd and 4th season of Homeland which I gave him on Monday because I was afraid he would buy it if I waited any longer. I kind of feel like a chode for not planning anything but FH is horrible to plan for. If I planned an activity he would be tired and grouchy. Dinner reservations would find him not hungry or wanting a completely different type of food. So a I am just going to follow his lead this year. I might pick up a small cake.

No weekend plans. FH leaves for a business trip on Sunday. I will be watching football.
  • Why is closing an account so anxiety provoking?

I wish I could be more rude to the poor guy who answers the phone and has to go through all the "I could offer you this" and "what if I did that". NO. Just close the bleeping account.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Brrr.   Fall hit us like a ton of bricks.  It's 46 and rainy. 

Tonight - they called me into work tonight at the club.  We were going to be busy, but with the weather, I'm not so sure.

Tomorrow - we have a wedding to go to.  We have had some beautiful weather lately and tomorrow looks like it will be cold and possibly rainy.  The wedding is another 1000+ feet above where we are so it might be even cooler.  At least they have a heated tent.  The wedding is casual, so I can wear pants and boots to stay warm.

Sunday - Eagles play the Steelers at 2:30 (4:30 EST).  I'm an Eagles fan.  My top 2 fantasy players are Roethisberger and Brown.  Oh and I'm up against DH's team.  That game is going to suck to watch.  Routining for the Eagles, yet wanting my players to get enough points to beat DH.  Maybe I should just go on a hike instead.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • DK's birthday is on Sunday, so we're doing a date night at a NOLA-style Creole restaurant, tonight. 

We're living in a hotel for the forseeable future so probably going to try to get out a little this weekend. 
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2016
    DrillSergeantCat, I am so excited for you. I can't wait for pics and updates.

tonight:  home workout, dinner (homechef dinner which I cannot wait to make!)
    tomorrow: gym workout, kubo and the 2 strings
    sunday: gym workout, first dress fitting (eeeek)

edit, because I'm a realist and pay for a gym membership I don't use:

tonight:  home workout, dinner (homechef dinner which I cannot wait to make!)
    tomorrow: gym workout, home workout, kubo and the 2 strings
    sunday: gym workout, home workout, first dress fitting (eeeek)

• Hooray @DrillSergeantCat!!! Can't wait to hear all about it - and I hope you share pics with us!!
  • Finishing packing for our trip (yay!), cooking dinner now for us DS2 and his girlfriend. It's cute - they are baking a salted caramel apple pie for dessert. Making sure DS2 knows everything to do around the house while we are gone. He's is moving in a few weeks so yeah lots of stuff to get done. Leave tomorrow for Italy. Looking forward to being there but dreading the long flight!
  • The weekend started early for me. 

Thursday and Friday: spending the day wine tasting in Niagara on the lake. I picked my favorites from the wineries I visited. 

Saturday: doing high tea with an Alice in Wonderland twist. Driving back home for the first bbq where both my BF and my family will be together. They've gotten together before but never both complete sides. Kinda nervous lol

Sunday: laundry and food prep for the week. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards