Wedding Woes
Options

Monday!

How was the weekend?

Mine was pretty good.   

Friday, I had dinner with one of my BFF's.   
Saturday, shopping, bikini wax (it was about what I expected pain-wise and I'm thrilled with the results (as is DH :D )), I went to dinner at my parent's house for September bdays (we have 3 in our family). 
Sunday, slept in, purged my clothes and make-up, started packing for Hawaii, helped the boys unpack when they got home, and then vegged the rest of the day.

Re: Monday!

• Options

Glad your wax went okay! I get my lady parts waxed and I think the leg waxes hurt more.

H and I spent the entire weekend on my sister's roof. No vodka lemonades. We were there for nearly 12 hours both days and I didn't work as hard as the guys did, but I busted ass cleaning up the old shingles, bringing new shingles up to them, went to Menard's like 15 times. I'm tired, sore and I have a blister. 

I'm down another pound or so. I wanted to be under 150 for this wedding I have this weekend but I won't get there so soon. So my goal is amended to under 150 by next weekend. :)

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    Weekend was good but I'm sick with a cold now. 

I'm hosting a debate watch party with other faculty members tonight. Our students are pretty fired up about the election so it should be a long, but interesting, night for me. 
  • Options
    Morning all! :) Sounds like great weekends! {Boo @ShesSoCold  to no vodka lemonades!}

Friday - hunted for pants. No such luck. H went to see "Sully" and then he and his buddy came over for a bit. I just went around tossing stuff into boxes while watching "Iliza Shlesinger - Confirmed Kills" {comedian - this is her 3rd netflix show. Start with "Freezing Hot" if you want to see her}

Saturday - H wanted to go fishing, so he was up early. I had a headache already, so woke up, got water and tylenol then back to bed. I swear it felt like I had just fallen asleep when H wakes me up
    H: Do you want fish for lunch or dinner?
    Me: Go catch one and then we'll talk.
    H: I did. I'm back.
    Me: *looks around* what fucking time is it?

Anyways, he was only gone for a bit and we decided to have it for dinner.

Went to the mall, I got pants and ordered another pair. Tried to set up with cable company about new place stuff but couldn't with them. Gave me number for Concierge services and Loyalty department to set up new bundle pack.

Came home, still had headache and decided to lie down. Planned on 1hr nap, ended up sleeping for 2.5 hrs .... Went to my mum's place later that night and brought fish for the cats.

Sunday - More running around to do, but afternoon was just lazy. Watched a movie and I fell asleep during it.

Today we get the keys! I think we're ready to move stuff over. Thankful for the garage because it's suppose to be rainy tonight. Downside is H has to do the backyard tonight. We also borrowed an outdoor broom for the basement to deal with cobwebs and spiders.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Coming back to work after big life events makes me realize how much I hate my job. Have a baby and out for 6 weeks? No welcome back, no congratulations, just here's a stack of work for you. Get married? No how was the big day, no congratulations, just here's a stack of work for you. 8 more months...8 more months...I can do this for 8 more months.

I realized yesterday that one of my closest friends didn't come to my wedding even though she rsvpd yes. She's been liking the photos on facebook, but hasn't said anything to me. I'm not sure what, if anything, I should do there.
  • Options

The weekend was good. Pretty uneventful. Saturday I grocery shopped and made soup. When DH got home from work, we watched the TN Vols game (which we won!). Yesterday was church and lots of relaxing.

Ragweed is in full bloom here and I am definitely feeling it. I couldn't stop sneezing yesterday, had a sinus headache, runny nose, etc. so I took Benadryl before bed. Big mistake. I feel like I'm still asleep. Coffee is my friend today.

• Options
    Your work sucks @DrillSergeantCat. But CONGRATULATIONS!!  

As as for your friend, I had a close friend do the same thing and I did ask her, when it came up, about why she RSVPed and then no-showed. She gave me some lame answer (I knew it wasn't the truth), but I didn't push it. 
  • Options
    bleve0821bleve0821 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2016
    Congratulations, DSC!  You looked so radiant and happy in the picture you posted.

Yesterday, we watched the Browns fire their kicker.  Well, he better be fired.  Just nonononono to that shit.  I mean, Breesus, I get that he was trying to adjust almost overnight to a whole new team, but Parkey's misses weren't even close, and it shouldn't have even come down to that final FG because he had several opportunities that he also missed.  Before they sent the special team on the field, I half-jokingly made the comment that instead of Parkey kicking, it should've been Pryor.

Saints tonight.  Who dat?  I probably won't see much of the game since I got up at 3AM to get to work early to be told that my final performance review has been postponed because of my "inability to demonstrate a satisfactory understanding of the application of processes and controls needed for the position."  Which is both bullshit and legitimate.  It's bullshit because I know the information, and they know I know the information, but it's legit because I don't actually have enough practical actual experience to satisfactorily demonstrate that I can apply the book learnin'.  It's the old Catch-22... Gotta have the experience to get the job, but can't get the experience without the job.  So that super sucks, but only because now this shit is dragging on for a few more weeks, and I'm just so ready to be done with it.

Driving out to go house hunting on Wednesday.  I am so anxious about it.  I've talked to our realtor at length about everything, but I'll be doing it alone because of DH's lack of PTO.  And I'm not one to be like zOMG THE KICHIN, WAOW THE CLOSET, SOLD, but there is that added pressure of making sure that I can find a space that works for both of us now and in the future.  Knowing what's on DH's wishlist and balancing that with the knowledge of what he's willing to compromise on without having seen the place IRL is going to be hard.  I'm just not sure I trust myself to make the best decision for our family without him, even though I'm pretty sure I'm competent and level-headed enough to do so.

On the other hand, it will be WONDERFUL to actually be doing something proactively rather than scouring Zillow for new listings on a daily basis (like I've been doing since May).

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Options
    @ShesSoCold thank you. It was fabulous. There were some tears beforehand and, of course, a few hiccups along the way, but it was the absolute best day ever!

I know she just lost her job and also suffers from migraines, but she usually lets me know if she's going to miss something we had planned. She also missed my shower and said she left the invitation in her purse and didn't put it on the calendar. We texted Thursday and she was asking about kitchen colors so I don't know what happened. 
  • Options
    Coming back to work after big life events makes me realize how much I hate my job. Have a baby and out for 6 weeks? No welcome back, no congratulations, just here's a stack of work for you. Get married? No how was the big day, no congratulations, just here's a stack of work for you. 8 more months...8 more months...I can do this for 8 more months.

I realized yesterday that one of my closest friends didn't come to my wedding even though she rsvpd yes. She's been liking the photos on facebook, but hasn't said anything to me. I'm not sure what, if anything, I should do there.
    very odd!  I wouldn't even know how to bring that up.  Maybe:  "hey, had a great wedding.  noticed you weren't there.  Hope everything is OK?"

I had my dress fitting on Sunday, after seeing it all pinned back, I'm more confident in my decision (was have a bit of dress remorse lately).   Got the alternation totals and with my dress, add-ons, alterations, and veil I came under budget.  That's a fantastic feeling.

FI and I saw "Kubo and the two strings" and "Snowden" this weekend.  We're movie buffs.  I liked both of them.  Snowden very very interesting. 

• Options
    Congrats @DrillSergeantCat !! When are you posting photos? Dying to see how amazing you guys looked!

Also sorry to hear she didn't make it :(
  • Options
    Congrats @DrillSergeantCat !! When are you posting photos? Dying to see how amazing you guys looked!

I posted one on my post in the wedding recap board.
  • Options

I posted one on my post in the wedding recap board.
    You're gorgeous!!
  • Options
    You're gorgeous!!
    Thank you! I'm a bit disappointed in my hair, though! It completely fell flat on the train ride over to the gazebo. It looked so pretty when I left the salon. 
  • Options
    Congrats @DrillSergeantCat!!  You looked beautiful. 

We had 5 soccer games this weekend 'nuff said. 6lets team got killed but he played like a champ. He even had some upper level coaches asking about him. 
  • Options

CONGRATULATIONS @DrillSergeantCat!!!!!!!!!!! You looked absolutely gorgeous!!! Love your dress!!!!

I'm sorry that one of your close friends didn't make it. That would be disappointing and I'm not sure how I would handle it either. I guess a comment like "I missed seeing you at the wedding!" might open up the discussion.

• Options
    Went to a baby consignment sale with H and my parents Sunday bc my mom has been wanting to check one out. she was looking for a booster seat high chair thing (the kind that goes on a regular chair) because my brother had been storing the one they previously used and he threw it out. Didn't find one she liked there and I looked on ebay and just casually mentioned to H about it (bc shipping was crazy) and he's like "she's looking for an old kind, are you sure it is safe, I don't want the kid to fall out, we should probably just get one". This coming from the same guy who, when seeing if the car seat would fit in his car, is totally fine with it sitting slightly angled to fit instead of moving the seat up. So it's ok for the car seat to not be flush like it should be but an old booster seat (that worked perfectly for my niece) is suddenly a problem.  Eye roll. 
  • Options
    Yay Mrs. @Drillsergeantcat!  I'd just ask casually, like "hey what happened to you."

About these waxes, how long do they last?

I slept until 10 today which was glorious. Sadly, my uncle passed away unexpectedly so after consulting with the surgeons office we went up north for the visitation.  I was careful and feel fine, but now I'm paranoid that I overdid it and have a hematoma or infection.  Maybe I'll just sleep today away and regroup tomorrow.

Poor FI.  I joked that we must have looked like the snobbiest city-its (city-idiot).  My mom is Deaf/Blind so needs help in and out of cars and I can't open car doors so everywhere we went, mom and I sat in the car while he ran from door to door opening and closing them for us.  But I absolutely melted when I took this pic (sorry it's so huge).  I'm a super lucky gal.  

Sorry for your loss. This is the. sweetest. picture. I LOVE it. The mental image of you FI helping you both in and out of cars is also adorable.

I get a Brazilian and it takes like 15 minutes. The first might have taken longer but I'm an old pro.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options

15 min or so?  I made an appt.  

The tech was super nice.  I started laughing at one point, just because I was reacting to the more difficult areas and I was a feeling a little uncomfortable/vulnerable, as you hop up on the table with no pants and it's all "here's my vagina!" (not that I didn't expect that, but you know... LOL).  I asked her about screamers.  We also 'bonded' over our love of IPA's.  ;)  
  • Options

About 6 weeks, I think.
  • Options
    @kimmiinthemitten OMG! That is the sweetest pic ever.

• Options

About 6 weeks, I think.
    HA!  I was thinking the actual process, not how long you go in between.  LMAO

Yeah, 4-6 weeks is the recommendation. 
  • Options

About 6 weeks, I think.

OOOH that's what you meant!

I'm generally hairy-ish. I get waxed every 4 weeks and the last week and a half would be...uncomfortable in a bathing suit.

• Options
    CONGRATULATIONS! @DrillSergeantCat
    @kimmiinthemitten your FH sounds like a real sweet guy. That picture is pure joy.
    Good luck with the house hunt @AtomicBlonde

My weekend was tame. Friday was FH's birthday and I was surprised that his co-workers didn't talk him into going out after work. He came home and we drank 2 bottles of wine (one was a big bottle), had tiramisu, and danced to possible first dance songs. Saturday, college football and cleaning. My team played a very decent game and won. 4-0 baby!
    Sunday, I took FH to the airport in the morning then did nothing for the rest of the day. I could barely watch the steelers lose, it was so so so bad. 

• Options
    @shessocold.  ha! when my friend goes for a waxing she says "getting my lady parts waxed" as well.

I was thinking 'how long do they last" as in the actual time it takes to grow back too, not how long the apt was.  I have my apt set for Oct 27th (wedding is the 1st but we're vacationing from the 29th - 5th).

• Options
    I meant between waxes, but was surprised it only takes 15 minutes; so that was a good answer too!

@mrsconn23 I literally LOLed at your response!
  • Options
    Things were mosty good, class reunion was OK, awkward, but made me feel OK about my life overall.
    The kiddo liked her horse riding, so we're game for having this being her 'thing'/sport for the year.  The instructor was good w/ her.

Yesterday was good too, except at bedtime, the Mr. and I got into it over something stupid.  He's probably right, but he's also being an ass about it.
    So I got up this morning and he decided to continue being a self-rightous ass, so I went back to bed.  I'm finally back out of bed, and I'm being pissy as fuck.  and I hate everyone.
    And I smashed a coffee mug w/ a hammer this morning.  it didn't help.
  • Options
    @kimmiinthemitten  such a cute picture.

Weekend was good.  Worked Friday, went to a wedding on Saturday.   Watched football ALL DAY Sunday.  My fantasy team is winning (up by 50, but DH has 1 player tonight.)  My real life team won.     Life is good.

The townhouse went on the market this morning.  Suppose to have a 24 hour lead time for showing.  I received 2 phone calls from the realtor for showings today.   The place is in good shape, so I said yes.   I hope my landlord appreciates how accommodating I've been through this process. 

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards