New York-Long Island

Wedding Planner

Any good suggestions for a wedding planner in the LI/NYC area? I've already interviewed one and she was asking for $8k which I think is too much - does anyone know of any good deals?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding Planner

• edited December 2011
    hey! I am using meghan from fruition events. she charges starting at 800 (day of coordination) to 5,000 (full on event planning). She is located in Suffolk County, LI and her number is (631) 521-4871. Hope this helps! Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    thank you I'll check her out and set up an interview/consultation.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • lucyslovelucyslove member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Sara Kate Events and they were awesome!  They are recommended on the boards a bunch and were possibly my favorite vendor to work with.  I have recommended them to a bunch of my friends who are getting married too.  They are way cheaper than the price you were quoted (that's crazy!!!).  

HTH!
    Lucy
  • edited December 2011
    8K is ludicrous!

I wish i could hire a wedding planner, but its just not in my budget.  I guess i'll just have to do;)
  • MollyMcneillMollyMcneill member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been working with Caitlin Russotti for three months.  My wedding is in June and though it is really far away or so it seems she had helped me find the most perfect venue, the best photographer and now we are working on florists.  I love working with her.  She is really funny, considerate and is really great with my mom (she can be difficult.)

She is the best!
  • bridetobeeebridetobeee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Look at the brides choice awards on weddingwire or knot's picks by brides and maybe they can give you good suggestions. Just make sure your gut tells you the planner is the right one. I didn't listen to my gut and hired one because she was less expensive and trust me, I 100% regret it
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards