Wedding Woes
Options

Tuesday!

2»

Re: Tuesday!

• Options

lyndausvi said:

DH left for Denver this morning.  He took his 2 sous chefs to a food show.  They will be there overnight.  The amount of food they will consume will be obnoxious.   Last I heard they are going to have breakfast at Mc Donald's (on the road),  2 lunches, 2 dinners, a cocktail reception and one late night food place today.  Then breakfast and 2 lunches tomorrow before coming home.    

I used to attend the big food shows like IFT and NRA and I loved them.  Food everywhere! 

Oh, and speaking of food, I was wrong about the fridge: $200 for a new control board and $50 labor, and we should be good as new tomorrow.  :)

Yep.   And I didn't even include all the samples at the food show itself.  Basically they are eating their way through Denver.   

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    @missJeanLouise  I find that family relationships can get strained around big deal things and holidays. Hopefully you and you FH can take a breather alone for a bit at least.
  • Options
    ernursej said:

I don't often participate in the day recaps, but I'm pretty excited and wanted to share that I'm getting married today! I'm really excited.

Congrats!  I'm getting married on a Tuesday too!  Have a fantastic time and give us the re-cap when you can!

• Options
    Heffalump said:
    That has been my experience.  The tablets (spirulina et al.) are worthless: her fish won't touch them, and they cloud up her water.  We usually let them fend for themselves for 3-4 days, and any longer than that gets the Tetra gel feeder.  (It hasn't appreciably hurt the water quality, and it seems like her fish actually eat it.) She has a monster goldfish that eats anything we add (snails, ghost shrimp, even her pleco); it coexists peacefully with her two Glo Fish, but I wouldn't trust Splasher when he (?) is hungry.
    another suggestion is to go to petco/petsmart before a trip and load up on the little pest snails from the plant tanks. DK does that for his pea puffers, who only eat frozen/live food. he dumps a bunch of the little snails in their tank and they go to town while we're gone. that might keep your goldfish happy. 

the cichlids aren't super into the gel feeders - he will usually throw one in if it's more than a few day trip, but they don't seem all that interested. 

how big is Wooz's tank?
  • Options
    @MissKittyDanger here you go!  Steal away....https://www.shoedazzle.com/products/KAYLEA-BS1617839-4522?psrc=searchv2_suggest

@6fsn oh I'm so glad it was nothing.

@lyndausvi me and my diet are so jealous of your hubby!
  • Options
    @*Barbie* it's just a 10 gal. on her dresser.  So you can see why we're sort of zealous about water quality--it can go downhill fast if you let it.
  • Options

@Heffalump - goldfish are crazy dirty fish, too. 

We have two 10gal tanks - Wolverine has one in her room and the other is in one of our spare bedrooms. Wolverine's has the baby bristlenose plecos, some cory catfish, and a few different endangered livebearers that DK is breeding and some ghost shrimp. The other tank has a few pea puffers and is heavily planted.
    We have a 15-20gal open top in the foyer with more of the endangered livebearers and bristlenoses. 
    Then we have a 29gal bowfront with a few more live bearers a big albino chocolate pleco, and a ton of cichlid fry. (it's the "grow out tank"
    We have a 56gal tall with 6 sp35 tomato victorian cichlids (another endangered one) that breed like crazy. 
    We also have a 75gal cichlid tank - DK is in the process of transitioning to peacock cichlids for his breeding program. He picked up a male over the weekend for one of his females and it was love at first sight. 

DK is already eyeing the open spot left by moving the 29gal for another tank. I told him that this one had better be a reef tank, so he's been doing research on what he wants. 
  • Options
    tawillers said:

Happy Tuesday!

DH is back at work after being off last week.  He has his vasectomy on the 23rd and then took the week off to recover (his job is physically demanding so we thought it would be best).  The procedure didn't go as smoothly as we had been assured.

We did have a great week, though.  We got a lot done around the house, like giving our cheap hollow core doors a makeover.  We did this in white:

http://www.whitenestshop.com/blog/black-is-the-new-white-updating-hollow-core-doors

Seriously, they look so much better.  He has been wanting to buy new doors for so long but we need a ridiculous amount of them and haven't wanted to spend the money.  This will do until we decide to pull the trigger.

Anyway, now I'm just sitting here, working at my own pace, watching the shows that piled up on the dvr while he was home.

Ooooohhhhh....well now!  You have greatly inspired me.

The investment duplex I just bought pretty much needs every single interior door replaced.  Painting the new doors black might give a little snap and pizzazz.

I seriously don't know or understand what people do to their homes.  Two of the interior doors have jagged large pieces missing on the side of where the knobs would have been.  I'm not sure if this is physically possible, but it literally looks like someone grabbed each side of the door knob and pulled/ripped it through the door until it was free.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

ernursej said:

I don't often participate in the day recaps, but I'm pretty excited and wanted to share that I'm getting married today! I'm really excited.

Congratulations!!!!  I so loved "Back in the day" on our local boards we made it a "thing" that when it was "our day" that the first thing out of our mouths in the morning was to shout "I'M GETTING MARRIED TODAY!" and post the same on the boards!  Fun times!!! I should also qualify that with back then we were more than a board, we had meet-ups IRL, close enough to be invited/attend each others weddings level of close! 

• Options
    Hope everything went well yesterday @ernursej!
  • Options
    Hope everything went well yesterday @ernursej!
    We demand updates...and stuff!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards