New York-Long Island

Invitations from Michaels?

A friend mentioned that Michael's has gorgeous wedding invitations.  I'm trying to cut costs wherever possible, does anyone know how much I can expect to pay for 150 wedding invitations from Michael's that I print on my own?

Re: Invitations from Michaels?

• edited December 2011
    use vistaprint.com that is what i did. they look beautiful. just make sure you use a matte finish so people can write on them the glossy does not allow for this. they have premade designs or you can upload your own.
  • edited December 2011
    Did Vistaprint include everything? RSVP cards, etc.?  I've used that website a lot for work and it's great, but the Michael's kits seem to include everything needed in one set.
  • edited December 2011
    Vista has it all, we got STD, invites, rsvp cards, envelopes, thank you cards...all matching.

• edited December 2011
    i got mine from michaels as well.  They are gorgeous, printed on good paper, affordable, and you get everything you need!  They had a sale on all the Brides brand invitations when I bought mine so they were 30% off of $45 I think and then my aunt had a 25% off total purchase coupon.  TOTALLY WORTH IT! I bought four boxes and they came to $85 for everything! 

Totally worth your time but make sure you get a michael's coupon!  They run them a lot and they have really pretty invitations!

vista print does have everything you need too but not all in one box!  the only thing the box at michaels didn't have (it was Brides brand) were thank you cards but my photographer is doing those for me so I didn't mind.  Adding everything up a la carte at vista can get pricey depending on what you want.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    i just ordered mine from vista print. my SIL got hers from Michael's and while they ended up really pretty, the frustration they went thru & extra boxes they had to buy because the print kept messing up & the fonts didn't fit, etc. just didn't seem to be worth the aggravation.

i saw someone post earlier they paid $46 for 50 invites, envelopes & rsvp cards using a $50 credit from living socia they paid $10 for. i paid $241 for 90 invites, matching envelopes, rsvp cards & enclosure cards. i did the upgrade to the linen paper. when i left everything in the shopping cart, they emailed me with a 30% off coupon. i highly recommend using them, just to save yourself the stress, but that's just my opinion. :)
    April 2012 March Siggy Challenge - Honeymoon!! Costa Rica
    Smile
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 158 Invited
    image 129 Are Party Rockin!!
    image 23 Will be missing out!
    image 6 Can't find the mailbox!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards