New York-Long Island
Options

Coral House and Three Village Inn

Hey everyone! Congrats to all the brides to be :)

I was wondering if anyone has had their wedding at the Coral House or the Three Village Inn.. I'm just curious how their service and their food are. I'm leaning towards the Coral House more than the Three Village Inn, but before I book, I just want to hear some reviews!

Re: Coral House and Three Village Inn

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I've had dinner at Three Village and their food is awesome, but I've never seen a full on event there.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Coral House is terrible...I went to a wedding there this past December. The food was horrible and so was the staff. They would come in from outside smelling like cigarettes serving the food.

I would do it at Three Village Inn. That place is great and their food is outstanding. If you need any other help. I seem like an expert. I have been to 35 weddings in the past 2 years.

I am having my own in 1 year.

If you need photo, video, photo booth, flowers, make-up...I know some WONDERFUL vendors.

Best.
    Karen
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much for your reviews! I think I'll go with the Three Village Inn! The only thing I'm worried about is that I have important guests from Queens that will be coming and the Three Village Inn is quite out there on the Island. Maybe I should do a shuttle bus?

I would love that Karen! How can I get in contact with you? I really haven't found any vendors for photos, video, flowers, make-up, and hair. So far, I've only found a great venue. (I suppose that would be the first step to planning a wedding!) I would love to hear from you!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I personally wouldn't do the Coral House based upon location. It is in a so-so neighborhood. My venue is also quite far - over an hour for most of my guests that live on the island, however, if the venue is worth it - the drive is worth it. Plus people are coming there for you - not how long the drive is.

I am getting married out east - so if you want vendors out there - please PM me.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You can email me direct at karenarnoldmaine@gmail.com

looking forward to helping, I have helped plan many friends weddings on Long Island so this is no problem at all. These are vendors who have been used time and time again by so many friends so I know they are great.

Best.
    Karen
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Unfortunately, I just noticed that the Three Village Inn is really small! I'm having 160-200 guests and I need a dancefloor for all of them. If you have any reccommendations for venues in LI or anywhere in NYC, please let me know!

Thanks Karen! I'll email you soon!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know it is a little further out east but Martha Clara Vineyards is AMAZING and unique. You can also look into a newer venue called Mansion at Woodside Acres. Good thing is, that is much closer to where you want to be and they can def. accomodate that many guests. That would probably be your best bet. Let's move the convo to email though. Best way to get in touch with me since I am on chat there and on email more often in general.

Best.
    Karen
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Bellport Country Club is beautiful and resonable in price I would def check it out its family run and I plan on having my wedding threre :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Coral House was a major Turn off.. the food options are limited and the rooms they stuff you in if you dont have 180 people ..we had under a 100 and where suppose to be in a room for 70 .. in a basement with high windows Oo
  • Options
    tatiana379tatiana379 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having my wedding at the Three Village Inn but I almost went with the Mansion at Timber Point in Great River, they have a great dance floor, if you have your wedding inside then you can get married in front of the fire place and and dance floor is a decent size. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm surprised at the negative impressions of the Coral House - our friends got married there and we liked it very much.  So much so, in fact, that we decided on it for our own venue.

I find the food selections to be extensive, as well....  I will admit that the neighborhood isn't wealthy, but I wouldn't call it sketchy, either.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are going to go look at three village in 2weeks.  We are looking at only having 100-125 people.  Do you think thier is enough room?  Im looking for an intimate gathering.  Is the dance floor big enough?  I already know he food is amazing.. Lessings is outstanding.  thanks for any feedback
  • Options
    chrisnippychrisnippy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-long-island_coral-house-three-village-inn?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:120Discussion:6400f1c4-26b1-41e8-ad0d-dc5cf68bc4a3Post:57f3e65a-fcf4-4a90-b06a-a8dbb67ec9ce">Re: Coral House and Three Village Inn</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm having my wedding at the Three Village Inn but I almost went with the Mansion at Timber Point in Great River, they have a great dance floor, if you have your wedding inside then you can get married in front of the fire place and and dance floor is a decent size. 
    Posted by tatiana379[/QUOTE]

When are you getting married? I just booked Three Village Inn for next April. Would love to hear all about it! :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards