Wedding Woes
Options

Know what's more likely to piss me off than a company ignoring my email?

a company that promises to get back to me and then doesn't.

I am in BitchEatingCrackers mode with Home Depot and Pergo.  I'm currently on hold with a HD CSR (who, FTR, seems awesome, but she's still dealing w/ me in grumpy mode) and I"m going to bite people's heads off.  It has been a week, and I finally have time to return calls taht should have been returned earlier--I was promised a call back a week ago.

Re: Know what's more likely to piss me off than a company ignoring my email?

• Options

Aggravating!!!  I had an issue with HD a couple years ago.  They delivered a broken, brand new dishwasher.

Just that is bad enough.  But then they were harassing because I didn't buy the extended warranty.  SO!!!  I was still in their return period.  It was a lot of runaround and climbing up the manager ladder.  They finally arrange for the manufacturer to send a repair person.  TWO weeks for that guy just to show up.  Then it was another week for the part to come in and him come back to fix it.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Moved into our house this time last year and used HD to buy a washer/dryer and fridge.  A week later they reduce the washer/dryer by $100 each, so I call them up to see if they can credit us the difference like EVERYONE does!  They say no at the store, and the manager then goes on to say that nobody does that, and that I had bad information.  So I call the CSR and speak to a lady there.  She says that they can return the sale and then repurchase it and I'm thinking okay cool, go ahead and do that.  She says, "well we can have someone pick up the washer/dryer on Friday, but they are on backorder and you won't get them delivered until December."  Like what?!?! I thought she meant do it on the computer on their end, not physically return and go without for nearly TWO MONTHS!

Eventually called/emailed them enough times that they decided to just mail us a $200 gift card to their own store for the price difference...it was ridiculous, and apparently it was their policy to price match up to 30 days on "most" items but that particular brand was not included...whatever.  We got a few other things we needed and have since been WAY more careful about what we purchase through them.

• Options
    I have actually talked to people now--but I"m still not especially happy.

The long and short of it is that we did the wood-look laminate in the kitchen.  We bought 8 boxes--we mixed lot #'s like we were supposed to, and opened several boxes and found a mix of about 5 or 6 different 'prints' of wood.  That's annoyingly few when you're trying to have something look like random patterns, but we went with it.
    We use these 5 patterns through all 7 boxes...and open box 8 to find 5 or 6 brand spankin new, different prints.
    Which would have been REALLY EFFING HELPFUL 6 BOXES AGO.
    And every damn time I try to explain the problem, I get "oh, so it was a different dye lot?  bring it back, we can see if we can get one to match the others" and I have to explain again, that no, the problem was the opposite.)

And that's not really the problem--the problem is that the kitchen was our 'test area' for this floor (dog has flooring issues--but has adapted to this.  which is miraculous)--we'd LIKE to put it throughout the house.  OUr house is small, but even small, if we have 5 different patterns, it'll look stupid.  We need more than 5 patterns.  We'd like to have, you know, the 10+ that they actually make.
    So, can they help us by actually randomizing their product OR by letting us know how they code the pattern info into the boxes.

Allegedly, Pergo prints this shit and has ZERO way of tracking it through the factory.  Which is jut absurdly stupid from a product management angle, imo.
    After sending repeated "we will return your emial in 48 hours" messages to Pergo, I called and was basically told "nope, can't help ya" so I left a supervisor a message--she called back today, and it's still "nope, can't help you.  I guess I'll see if there's a problem with the website"
    (gee, thanks)

Home Depot ignored an email and then responded to the 2nd one 10 days ago with a phone call.  I explained the problem roughly 47 times to the rep, who still didn't understand it.  It ended with a promise to get back to me a week ago Wednesday (on the 12th).  And apparently that's where it stayed ended.
    We've been having house crises (I haven't even updated on FB, it's been....suffice to say we're doing an unscheduled major outdoor project ass the result of working on an inside wall.  Which is NEVER good) so this fell by the wayside.
    I called HD yesterday though, because I was pissy.  I talked to a SUPER helpful CSR...who still couldn't really fix it.
    She eventually talked to the manager of our local store who agreed to let us open 3 boxes of the stuff at the store so we could attempt to check patterns.
    So...she was awesome, but it still sucks.

I'm still of the opinion if they can't actually randomize things for shit, Home Depot and Pergo are making a faulty product, but, I'm kinda already halfway committed because to change products with our floor-plan would be disastrous.

/rant.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards