Wedding Woes
Options

Hawaii pt. 5

Wednesday morning, we were up bright and very early to head to the other side of the island to head out to Molokini and Turtle Town for snorkeling. 

We thankfully bought long sleeve rashguards before we went.  I cannot recommend one enough.  Also, now I have a cute rashguard with the Hawaiian Islands on it. ;) 

There's a ton of boats and options you can do for these trips.  The harbor had a bunch of boats launching around the same time as us for various excursions. I forget the name of our boat right now.  I will edit if I do remember it.  However, it was ran by super cute salty sea-men.  One of them looked like Kevin Rayburn from Bloodline. 

I cannot remember how long it took to get places.  On the way out, I was having a pretty bad attack of the nerves between the boat and snorkeling.  I'd never been snorkeling, but I have a healthy fear of open water and an intense gag reflex.  B gave me an anti-nausea pill that helped a little.  It took me a frillion tries to get the mask on and mouthpiece in without spitting it out after a few secs because I gagged on it.  I finally got it in before we got to Molokini. 

Once we got to Molokini, we jumped out and I took a noodle.  It was mostly fish, I didn't really see much other sea life.  However, I was the most comfortable facedown in the water.  My tube somehow came unhooked and so it was flopping around.  And the water was really choppy, so it wasn't really fun after about 20 min.  They pulled us in early because the current picked up a lot of speed and chop.  It was kind of scary getting back to the boat because I had the noodle and then the issues with my tube and the water was tossing me a bit.  

I switched gear once we got on the boat.  Turtle Town was much calmer.  There was lot more variety in fish there.  We saw quite a few turtles too.  DH swam with two for a good five min.  

Turtles! 

After Turtle Town, they served lunch.  It was the most amazing sandwich because I was super hungry from working at snorkeling.  ;)  The boat ride back was pretty wet because the current had picked up.  The people at the front of the boat got quite a ride and were soaked.  The boat actually lulled DH and me to sleep and we napped a bit. 

Once we got back we hit up the pool again and went to the grotto pool bar area at the resort.  It was really nice.  After that, we went to the rooms to nap and that was a terrible idea. 

We woke up really cranky and with a midday hangover. I really wanted to stay asleep, but had to get ready for dinner.  We went to Duo Restaurant at the Four Seasons down the beach from our resort.  I got a steak andit was really good.  We share mac n cheese, creamed corn, and roasted brussel sprouts as a table.  Everything was very good, but I was so tired/hung over that I felt like I was barely there.  I drank like a gallon of water at dinner.  Of course, we had drinks in the lobby bar after dinner.   ;) 

Next up, the final installment.  Spa day and luau, then heading home. 

Re: Hawaii pt. 5

• Options
    I hated snorkeling the first couple times I did it. Made me feel super anxious and I felt like I was always taking in saltwater and could never keep up with the group because I don't swim that well. We bought snorkeling equipment for Hawaii and did it on our own and I liked it a lot better - much better to go at my own pace and not worry about others in a group
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards