Latino Weddings

extremely stressed with cultural differences!

Hi all! 

I have been venue hunting for a few months now and I have nothing accomplished except being overly stressed.

#1 Catholic ceremony is at 2pm and most venues don't want to begin cocktail hour until 7pm! I am so over people at the venues asking if we can just change the ceremony... and then I read threads where people are bashing brides for having a large gap time and saying it is so inconsiderate and they should just re-think having a Church wedding. I don't know... I mean is that a "choice" you make? I'm pretty sure getting married at a Catholic Church is NOT questionable a choice for us, but thats just me. 

#2 - weddings ending at 9 or 10. My family is very Colombian. Wedding receptions for us are huge parties- I've gone to some (in Spain) that ended at 4am. Ending my reception at 9 or 10 is not an option. I even think 12 is a bit early and prefer 1am but I will settle for 12. Most of my family would still be wanting to continue dancing and just having a great time. 

Basically - I never realized the big cultural differences in weddings when it comes to receptions. I wonder if I will find a venue that caters to Religious Church Ceremony/Culturally different receptions and that wont be double the $$. Maybe I am asking for too much. 

Venting Bride,
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards