New York-Long Island
Options

Allegria Hotel in Long Beach

I know that this venue just recently opened up but has anyone been here for a wedding yet?  The place looks gorgeous but I have been trying for a month to get an appointment and no one is returning my calls!

Re: Allegria Hotel in Long Beach

• Options
    lex22109lex22109 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    don't waste your time the owners Ginny and Todd Jacobs are terrible and the reviews on the food have come back horrible as well. Look at the Newday reviews... They are the ones that owned Atlantica in West Hampton and shut it down...
  • Options
    auntie44auntie44 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For your information, most upscale caterers will allow you to “sell your deposit” should something unfortunate happen that your wedding has to be cancelled. 

Our wedding had to be cancelled close to the planned date.  The Thatched Cottage, overlooking the Long Island Sound on LI’s North Shore, will allow us to sell out our lost deposit. 

The Thatched Cottage has agreed to transfer our entire $14,500 deposit to any couple who is planning to book their wedding at the Cottage, or who may already be in contract with them. Here is how it would work:  At the Cottage premises, they will transfer a total of $14,500 to your contract with them.  At the same time, we are asking for $10,000 from you to be paid by a local certified bank check at the Cottage premises.   

What this means is that we are able to recoup $10,000 of our lost deposit (hopefully for another wedding in the future) and you receive $4,500 in free deposit money to use as you please.  By doing this, we avoid losing our total deposit of $14,500 to the Cottage for a wedding that didn’t happen. 

The wedding date, menu and all wedding options are strictly up to you.  Our contract is now null and void.  Use the $4,500 as you like – extras at your cocktail hour, add a Viennese table, or simply apply the funds toward your remaining wedding costs.  It’s your wedding and your choices. 

If you are still in the planning stages, view The Thatched Cottage’s website for information about the wedding packages they offer and lovely views and pictures of this upscale venue.  If you have any interest in this offer, don't hesitate to contact me direct at kvanbell@optonline.net.  Congratulations and good luck!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married there, and it is BEAUTIFUL!
    I live in Long Beach, so I know how things got all messed up in the begining there.  I would call and Specifically ask for Tiffany.  She is the wedding coordinator there!
    I have also been there to witness a wedding (that went wonderfully) and I have eaten there twice already.  Food was ok the first time, but great the second.  I freaked after reading the reviews, but like any place that just opens, it is very green and needs to work out some kinks.  Unfortunately it got a bad rap b/c it did have to open late (but living in LB, I know it was the city t hat held up alot of the permits etc.  They do the same for anything down here!!!!)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to send me a message.
  • Options
    lisaandty2011lisaandty2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    KTLB30-- I am also getting married there! Whats your wedding date?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    12/3/2010!
    So happy I found someone else on here getting married there!!!  When is your wedding date??!
  • Options
    lisaandty2011lisaandty2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married there on 11/11/11!!! I also am dealing with Tiffany and she seems to be amazing so far! Where are you doing the ceremony? You have to keep me updated with how everything was! The only thing I don't like is that all the bathrooms are downstairs!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know that John Arden Music is based in the Long Beach area, I suggest looking them up as they were both amazing and reasonably priced!!!!

Call them before they are all booked up.
  • Options
    omallemomallem member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

So happy to find others with an up coming wedding at Allegria.  I will be getting married 11/5/11 we were working with Genny but I was informed by Sai that she is no longer there and Sai will be taken over for her.  This did in fact make me nervous because I'm confused to while Gunny is gone since her father is the owner and I believe she maybe part owners well.  Please keep me posted how your wedding planning with Allegria is going and if anyone knows anything regarding Genny leaving. I just hope the business is not having issue.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards