Wedding Woes

Thursday

Since I'm all up in these posts first thing this morning anyway, I might as well kick off the daily post, even though I have nothing interesting going on today.  You?

Looking forward to Prudie, anyway.

Re: Thursday

• Stayed up until midnight last night, hoping to see the end of the World Series but I didn't make it. Game went on until almost 1 am east coast time. Was very glad this morning to wake up and see a Cubs win. 

Not much else going on today. Work is insane but outside of that, same old same old. We're going to Florida over Thanksgiving for my 30th and I'm practically counting the hours at this point as I'm so anxious to get away for a few days.
  • I also didn't make it through the World Series last night, but super happy for the Chicago fans. 

So, work question/vent; what are the appropriate hours to call/text (not email) someone regarding non-emergency work issues (let's face it there are rarely emergency issues I deal with)? Someone was calling me regarding an order I placed on behalf of the university at 8:00pm last night. Maybe I'm a cranky old person, but I think that should either be emailed, or wait until the morning. They also didn't leave a message so I have no idea what it was actually about. Then this morning someone texts me at 6:15am. I feel like both of these are a little ridiculous. 
  • @charlotte989875 if it's non-emergency, then they shouldn't be calling or texting outside of business hours. 

@ShesSoCold I'm not sure what you're doing to lose weight, but if you're not eating enough that can hinder weight loss as well. 

As for me...I'm exhausted. I went to sleep around 10:30 and was woken up 9 times before I finally said forget it and got up for the day at 5:30. It's going to be a long day.
  • I also didn't make it through the World Series last night, but super happy for the Chicago fans. 

So, work question/vent; what are the appropriate hours to call/text (not email) someone regarding non-emergency work issues (let's face it there are rarely emergency issues I deal with)? Someone was calling me regarding an order I placed on behalf of the university at 8:00pm last night. Maybe I'm a cranky old person, but I think that should either be emailed, or wait until the morning. They also didn't leave a message so I have no idea what it was actually about. Then this morning someone texts me at 6:15am. I feel like both of these are a little ridiculous. 

If it's a non-emergency, I really don't think they need to contact you outside of business hours.  If you're out of the office, traveling, etc., then I understand needing to contact you, but not beyond what your normal work schedule would be. 

Stayed up until midnight last night, hoping to see the end of the World Series but I didn't make it. Game went on until almost 1 am east coast time. Was very glad this morning to wake up and see a Cubs win. 

I could not believe it.  It's like I was afraid to hope.  DH and I almost put on the game last night, but I was afraid I would stay up way too late and be useless today.  I checked first thing this morning, and WOW.

The last time the Cubs won the World Series, my 100 year old grandmother (and lifelong Cubs fan) wasn't even born yet.  Maybe she lived this long because she kept waiting for them to finally win. :)

I listen to the NPR Politics podcast, and one of them cracked a joke earlier this week about how the last time the Cubs won the World Series, the 2016 election hadn't even started yet. 

• edited November 2016
    Thanks @DrillSergeantCat and @Heffalump for confirming what I thought too, non-emergency doesn't need an evening phone call or early morning text. 

My favorite "Last time the Cubs won..." was "The last time the Cubs won the World Series the Ottomans still controlled one of the largest empires in the world". 
  • I've got a few errands to run to finish up organizing stuffs.  K has a serious crafts addiction and she has so.much.stuff.  Also a hats addiction and so.many.hats.  I think I found a good way for storing them, but I need a few things.

Other than that, SSDD.  We didn't do too much last night.  I'm excited for AHS viewing tonight.  I'm loving this new season.
  • @charlotte98987 5 if it's non-emergency, then they shouldn't be calling or texting outside of business hours. 

@ShesSoCold I'm not sure what you're doing to lose weight, but if you're not eating enough that can hinder weight loss as well. 

As for me...I'm exhausted. I went to sleep around 10:30 and was woken up 9 times before I finally said forget it and got up for the day at 5:30. It's going to be a long day.

I'm pretty sure I'm eating enough. I'm doing weight watchers and following it well and I don't starve myself. Oh well. I'll be fine. Except I'm running out of DVRed Olympics so I don't know what I'll watch when I work out. :(
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever

• I'm pretty sure I'm eating enough. I'm doing weight watchers and following it well and I don't starve myself. Oh well. I'll be fine. Except I'm running out of DVRed Olympics so I don't know what I'll watch when I work out. :(
    I did WW and lost 50 pounds! I always tell people to try it, but most of the people who complain about their weight aren't really ready to change. Hopefully, this is just your body being stubborn for a minute and you'll start losing again. 
  • Not much last night. H picked me up and we had to go to post office. Since he had to WFH last night, we ended up picking up dinner because he "had to start right away and couldn't wait for sheppard's pie" {fucker ...} so we stopped by Pita Pit. It was like any pita place, but was first time we went. I def think we'll go back :)
    Otherwise not much. H was getting frustrated with his work, so he decided to wake up early and head to work.

It was weird because the alarm went off an hour earlier than I'm use to, but since he woke up it made my morning run smoother.

This morning I was able to do my makeup, pre-cook ground beef for sheppard's pie tonight, and leave early in order to walk to bus stop. It's not a far walk, but of course it's fucking raining ... seems to be same deal every time I have to walk is that it's raining.

OH!  H's cousin is in labour! :) so that's pretty exciting. Like I mentioned before, I am excited despite being "envious/jealous" {best words to explain}

Tonight is likely not much of anything. Dinner, tidying up in the bedroom, going over H's budget and our xmas list of what we're getting. I think we're starting xmas shopping this weekend. SFIL we've gotten previous gifts at Home Sense {Home Goods for Americans} so likely going to look there. Plus Starbucks has their holiday drinks and the mall we go to has a new cupcake shoppe .... obv we need to go! ;)
  • Morning y'all!

UO- I don't like baseball. I spent my night watching the 50th Annual CMA Awards instead of the World Series. To be fair though, baseball isn't a huge sport where I'm from.

Nothing too exciting here today. I'm going to get my hair done after work, which I'm pretty excited about.

Side note, do any of your spouses/SO's not get why you would want to get your hair done? DH has zero understanding of it. I get my hair done about once every 3 months, and every single time DH says "didn't you just get that done?" and then usually follows it up with some comment on how its a waste of money or how it seems like I get it done sooo often. I'm guessing it's because he was raised without a mom so he doesn't know it's a thing? But still. I'm like, you're 31 years old dude. You've lived in the world long enough to know that people do this.

• Morning y'all!

UO- I don't like baseball. I spent my night watching the 50th Annual CMA Awards instead of the World Series. To be fair though, baseball isn't a huge sport where I'm from.

Nothing too exciting here today. I'm going to get my hair done after work, which I'm pretty excited about.

Side note, do any of your spouses/SO's not get why you would want to get your hair done? DH has zero understanding of it. I get my hair done about once every 3 months, and every single time DH says "didn't you just get that done?" and then usually follows it up with some comment on how its a waste of money or how it seems like I get it done sooo often. I'm guessing it's because he was raised without a mom so he doesn't know it's a thing? But still. I'm like, you're 31 years old dude. You've lived in the world long enough to know that people do this.

I get mine colored every 6-8 weeks. H used to complain about it but not anymore, he just deals with it. I don't bug him about hunting licenses and accessories he doesn't bug me about hair and t-shirts. It's a balance. 

There's a great Gilmore Girls scene where Richard is complaining to Emily about why she has a standing hair appointment every week, and he says that her hair looks fine and she says, "My hair looks fine because I get it done every Wednesday at 3". 
  • Morning y'all!

My H is the opposite. He calls waxes, manicures, pedicures, haircuts, etc. "wife maintenance" and doesn't care what it costs. I'll tell him I'm getting a manicure because I have leftover cash (we each get an "allowance") and he's like "use your card. That's wife maintenance". But I don't dye my hair (yet - looking at you greys) and get it cut at Hair Cuttery and only get a few mani/pedis a year.

@DrillSergeantCat you guys are the only people I've told that I'm trying to lose some weight. I can't stand the "I'm fat and unhappy" people who do nothing more than bitch and I don't want to be that guy. I'm also not overweight so I don't want to hear the "oh but you don't need to lose weight!" from people.

Unfortunately I've been on WW for 3ish years and never stuck with it well for more than a month or two, off and on. I'm on month three of doing well, down 10ish pounds with 10ish to go.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • @thefanciestbeckler  H's ex-gf was a hair stylist and MUA so he gets it. I, however, am incredibly lax when it comes to hair cuts, colors, mani-pedis, etc. I barely get my hair cut once year and never get manis. I hate spending the money on it because it's so expensive. 
  • @charlotte989875 exactly! I always say "well, you buy truck parts and work on your truck all the time" and he always says "yeah I do that for a reason" and I say "Ok, I get my hair done for reasons too" :)

It isn't like a serious issue or something we fight over, but it annoys me so bad that I have to explain it every time!

• Glad to see the Cubs win!  It was just a year too late for the Back to the Future II prediction to come true!

Tonight we get to take Olive to the vet for her yearly check up.  I need to give her some happy pills when I get home so the vet will be able to cut her nails.  I blame Pedi-paws.  Long ago I bought them when she was still young to try and keep her nails trimmed that way and I think it backfired beyond belief!  The last time they trimmer her nails without medicine, she had the vet and 3 techs!  She is a 70-80 pound lab, but dang its crazy!  They ended up taking her into the back thinking that might help, since I wouldn't be around.  When they finished the vet was like, yeah, were going to give you some pills for next time.

Then there is Betsey, who will just chill and watch me as I cut her nails (with a regular cutter, the Pedi-paws is LONG gone!).  She will try to eat the part that gets cut off - grossly enough, but at least she just lays there while I trim them!

The only other thing going on is that MIL wants to buy some ridiculously expensive stroller/car seat contraption.  She saw it on an Amazon ad while on her computer.  Its only $500!  They have similar systems for almost half of that!  But she wants to make sure it will last long enough for the 2nd kid we plan on.  Can we at least get through this pregnancy first??????  And whose to say that the $500 dollar system will last better than a cheaper set anyway?  And that we will be able to have a 2nd kid - I'm already 35 and I have some issues.

SSC - How often do you eat?  I had an insulin resistance, so probably much different.  But my nutritionist put me on a 1400 calorie diet and I had to eat 6 times per day.  Breakfast had to be eaten within the first hour I was awake and then I would eat every 2 - 2 1/2 hours for the rest of the day.  Without much exercise, I started dropping weight like crazy (27 pounds total before I got pregnant).  I also felt full almost all of the time, even with such a small amount of calories.  My snacks would be glasses of milk, yogurts, fruit cups, fresh fruit or veggies, cheese & crackers, etc.  Then I would just have typical lunches & dinners.  Breakfast is usually an English muffin, a glass of milk, and a cup of tea.  If your willing to try the 6 times per day thing, I'm sure you can still do that in conjunction with WW.  One thing that was important in my diet was eating enough protein, especially the protein from peanuts, almonds, and other nuts.

• DH does not give a hoot what I spend on hair and nails.   

However, he *bitches* hard core about make-up.  He hates when I wear it (even though I rarely do and when I do have it on, it's very subtle).  I've just taken to telling him that it's not for him, it's for me and he needs to STFU. 
  • I pretty much never cut my hair (I just chopped it all off over the summer, and need to go back at some point) - but I do color it. I usually color it myself because it grows so fast, and I'm liking the reds and purples that fade faster - so it's pretty expensive to get it professionally done. 

If I wouldn't get all kinds of crazy looks at work, I'd probably consider shaving it off, just for something different. 

DK doesn't care about the massages (I have one pre-paid every month, and a lot of times, I make a 2nd appointment - go on my Fridays off) or the occasional pedis. I also like playing with makeup and skincare stuff - he's started supporting that habit by picking random Peter Thomas Roth products as gifts. 

He'll occasionally give me crap about shoes (I * do* have a lot) - but since I don't give him a hard time about his fish, he generally leave me alone. :smiley:
  • re: shoes
    I realized yesterday that I started my Instagram less than a year ago, and I've shared ~25 pairs of shoes, which isn't even a dent in the collection. I need to start mixing it up more. 
  • also tired today - but I stayed up to watch the hockey game (Pens in Anaheim) which ended after the World Series. I had to be in to run a training session at 8, so it's been a busy morning.

They have a game in LA tonight, so tomorrow may be rough too. I'm a night owl so staying up until 12:30 or so is no problem, but getting up early for work doesn't work well for me. 
  • I feel pretty lucky that DH has basically no opinion on my Wife Maintenance (LOL) spending.  The only thing is that when I get my hair cut (which isn't often, since it's slow growing) he always says "Don't get it cut really short."  Like, we have known each other for almost 20 years now.  Have I ever gotten it cut really short?  It's like his version of "Drive safe," I think he just feels better saying it, even though it's not really necessary.  I don't color my hair because I'm skeered, but also I kind of like my natural color.  It works with my skin tone.

I don't think he has any idea what I spend on makeup--it's not really a lot, though if it was, he still probably wouldn't know.  Wooz and I do like to get us some mother-daughter mani-pedis every couple of months, and all he says is "Have fun!" and then humors us by admiring our nails when we get home.  He has gotten me gift cards for massages in the past, though not recently.  Hmmmm, Christmas is coming...time to drop some hints.

• H doesn't care about my wife maintenance either.  I guess because I don't go that often and when I do, its not a long of money.  Since we have been fiscally responsible in the new house, I have gone even less now.  Last time I got my hair cut it was a spur of the moment decision, I just stopped into a hair cuttery and got it chopped.

I usually only get messages if I can find a good groupon.  I would LOVE to have a pedicure, especially before vacation.  But that's probably not going to happen so we have more money available for our trip.  I will probably give my toes a fresh coat of nail polish though!

H also doesn't care what I do with my hair.  I'm known to grow it long and then just chop it all off.  BIL on the other hand, WANTS his wife to dye her hair to cover her gray hairs even though she always gets a rash from the hair dye.  I've said it many times, I've got the good brother!

• Confession:  I really want my mom to get a pedicure, for 100% selfish reasons.  She's not into them, and objectively, I know that that's a valid opinion.  But I think she needs one.  When we were at the surgeon and she hopped up on the exam table in her gown and nothing else, I got a good look at her toes and was not impressed.  But since she doesn't like them, I can't very well "treat" her to mom/daughter/granddaughter pedis, I just have to deal, like a grownup.

::whispers:: But her toes need some work.

• @Heffalump - I "negotiated" the massage package when he set up a prenatal massage after we moved to TX. They offered a monthly package for a 60min/mo and reduced prices on anything additional, so I asked him if I could sign up so I'd at least be able to get in some "me" time every month post baby. 

After the first year or so, I started seeing the masseur that I go to now, and I usually do a 90 minute session so he can do more deep tissue. I've kind of started working in the 2nd appointment each month casually over the last 3 years and at this point it's a given unless we have a lot going on/he's not available. He was on vacation last weekend, so I have to wait until next Friday. 
  • OOM - other than generally skipping breakfast, I eat pretty often. My lunches are usually a salad, soup and a protein and I eat them all separately over a few hours. Then a snack of fruit or veg in the afternoon.

Most people I know who have lost weight say that the last 10-20 lbs. is the hardest. That's all I need to lose so I'm not upset that it's not dropping off at a 2lb per week rate. I think I'm doing well and doing it the right way, just slightly annoyed that this week wasn't as good as I anticipated.

• *Barbie* said:
    re: shoes
    I realized yesterday that I started my Instagram less than a year ago, and I've shared ~25 pairs of shoes, which isn't even a dent in the collection. I need to start mixing it up more. 
    I love you and want to share a shoe collection with you. What's your size? I'm moving.
  • @thefanciestbeckler  My H tried to snark about it when we first started dating but I shut that shit down right away.
    "But you don't NEED it"  Unless you're paying for it, stfu. I never said that I NEED it, I enjoy it. I also enjoy when you do cut your hair, so this isn't one sided.
    It's for me, not you.

I also told him I did this before him and I'll do it after him if that's the case.

What does your H buy for himself? Use that as a comparison to give him some perspective.
  • @MissKittyDanger 7/7.5 - I'm hoping Wolverine ends up a different size because I don't want to share. :smile: