A little background to my situation:
I have been trying to get in touch with my venue for over 5 weeks after they let it slip about a policy change that will alter my rental agreement. I have put down a 50% deposit and there is not a clause in my contract that says they reserve the right to make changes without notice. I have called 5 times, e-mailed 5 times and visited the venue once last week.
None of my calls/emails have been returned and when I visited the venue, neither the owner or coordinator were onsite. Their representative contacted the coordinator while I was onsite and I was informed that I would be contacted the following day to discuss details. I still have not heard from the venue. A friend of mine contacted them to see if they would respond to her, and she was contacted back within less than 5 minutes. The only method I have not attempted is a formal letter, which I am saving for if/when I decide to seek legal action.
My wedding is 6 months away. I am at the point where I need to start finalizing details, and the policy change completely changes all of the plans I had in place. I would lose access to overnight accommodations, bathrooms and an indoor back up for the ceremony/reception.
At what point do I say enough is enough and have a lawyer contact them asking for my deposit back? They have broken the agreement we have in place and they have been ignoring my attempts to contact them to work out a resolution. I have no desire to do any further business with them.