Registry and Gift Forum

Who do we get gifts for?

Apologies if this is the wrong board; I couldn't find the answer anywhere else.

I know we need to get gifts for our BP (individualized), and then our parents. I've seen places that say I get my own parents gifts, as well as my FILs and my fiance gets his parents something as well as my parents. Is that correct? Not that I'm trying to get out of buying presents, but is it a little redundant for us to each get something for both sets of parents? Or do we buy gifts together, from both of us, of each of them?

Re: Who do we get gifts for?

• I think separate gifts would be a little weird actually.  A wedding is about joining the wedding couple together, after all.
  • I agree the gift should be from you as a couple.
  • Ok great, thank you @SaintPaulGal and @ILoveBeachMusic! I think the individual things were stuff I had seen on Pinterest and we all know how that is with wedding planning lol. ;)  Gifts from us together seem much more logical. 

Did I catch everyone we need to give gifts to? I have some friends that may end up helping out with setting up decorations, so if it does come to that I would also get them a little something.
  • CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited November 2016
    Apologies if this is the wrong board; I couldn't find the answer anywhere else.

I know we need to get gifts for our BP (individualized), and then our parents. I've seen places that say I get my own parents gifts, as well as my FILs and my fiance gets his parents something as well as my parents. Is that correct? Not that I'm trying to get out of buying presents, but is it a little redundant for us to each get something for both sets of parents? Or do we buy gifts together, from both of us, of each of them?
    You need to give a gift to each member of your bridal party.
    You do not need to give your parents a gift, though many people choose to do this.  It is not required.  Many couples give a framed photo of their wedding day.  The best thing I received was a hug from my daughter, and the word, "Thank you, Mom!  It was prefect!"  She also sent me a lovely thank you note.  (OK, she also gave me a box of See's truffles.)
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • The other one for a gift would be anyone else involved in your ceremony. e.g. if you have readers or people participating in religious roles, you'd want to get them a little something.