New York-Long Island

After party on LI?

Since most of our friends coming are out of state and out of country, I feel like we shouldn't abandon them after the reception. Since we rarely get to the see them, and the wedding will be so family focused, I thought it would be nice to do something after our reception which ends at 11pm. 

Any ideas for a simple after party on Long Island? So far I was thinking:
*hotel suite and bring our own alcohol 
*hotel lounge/bar
*local bar
*my fiancee wants to go to manhattan, but I think that's an exhausting idea

Re: After party on LI?

• Where is the reception being held?

Do you have a hotel block booked? Some people just chill at the hotel afterward and sometimes the hotel will even keep the bar open later for you. I think that's the best idea b/c then people can get drunk and just crash at the hotel.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We have a hotel block, which has a bar open late...so we'll most likley just be moving the party to the hotel with our guests who are staying over at the hotel.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The Watermill. There's no nice hotels near that area, just the Hyatt and the Marriot. Nothing fancy. And yes, I do plan on blocking rooms at one hotel for guests.

I just can't figure out the logistics of it. Let's say the limo takes us to the hotel after the reception (getting a limo bus so there's plenty of room). But then it leaves. How do I get my after party guests home the next morning? Talking about 20 people or so. 

And how do I invite these friends? Would makeing a facebook event be enough considering they're all relatively young. I think formal invitations would suggest that we're paying for an additional party.
  • In Response to Re:After party on LI?:[QUOTE]The Watermill. There's no nice hotels near that area, just the Hyatt and the Marriot. Nothing fancy. And yes, I do plan on blocking rooms at one hotel for guests.I just can't figure out the logistics of it. Let's say the limo takes us to the hotel after the reception getting a limo bus so there's plenty of room. But then it leaves. How do I get my after party guests home the next morning? Talking about 20 people or so.nbsp;And how do I invite these friends? Would makeing a facebook event be enough considering they're all relatively young. I think formal invitations would suggest that we're paying for an additional party. Posted by EmpireState89[/QUOTE]

That is exactly why we are not doing limos.

You can just casually mention it at the reception that if anyone wants to hang out after here is where the party is. If you send out an invite ppl will think ur hosting aka paying. I would just do a word of mouth or if the after party is open to everyone have the band or dj announce the info about the party. I'm assuming everyone pays for their own drinks right? If so then no invite needed bc I dont think there's a classy way to send out an invite and then make ppl pay for things.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I feel like I'm promoting drinking and driving then. That I should at least provide transportation if I'm asking people to come to an after party :-/
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re:After party on LI?:I feel like I'm promoting drinking and driving then. That I should at least provide transportation if I'm asking people to come to an after party :/ Posted by EmpireState89 Well they can always crash at the hotel or call a cab. It is not like options are not available. It is their choice if they want to come, you are not mandating it. You know ur guests, I don't, but I don't think u need to provide transportation. I would just ask the hotel if anyone gets drunk would they mind calling a cab. Usually they don't mind bc they are the ones responsible for serving the guest anyway so they would want to ensure that person gets home safe... At least I would if I worked at a bar. People have after parties all the time guests will either need to be responsible drinkers or have Money for cab or hotel room. That's my opinion. I think as long as other options are available then u are fine. Have fun! ; my reception ends at 1:30am. I think I'll be too wiped for an after party lol. what can I say? I'm in my 30's... Old lady now
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards