Wedding Party
Options

Jewelry Gift for husband-to-be

edited November 2016 in Wedding Party
My sister's getting married March next year. She's now working in Singapore, but will be back for good this December! :D Her fiance is based here in SoCal. Mom and I are helping her in her wedding preps. Now she's planning to give her fiance a gift. He's an artist -  a photographer/musician. Really getting confused on which one is nicer between a necklace and a bracelet. These are Deific jewelry BTW. Getting overwhelmed with their nice collection really! Not sure if silver is ok but the gold one looks a bit special. Jamie Foxx got a silver ring from the said collection though and looks like it goes well with any kind of wardrobe. Will really appreciate your input ladies. 

Thanks in advance!

Re: Jewelry Gift for husband-to-be

• Options
    I think the owl necklace looks feminine, whereas the bracelet looks masculine--not sure how big of a concern that is to your FBIL, but the necklace reminds me of something I could find in Hot Topic or even Claire's, while the bracelet looks more unique and not like something you could pick up for ten bucks in a mall.  It looks very heavy and bulky, though--I'm guessing he wouldn't be able to wear it if he's playing an instrument at the same time.  
  • Options
    I also prefer the bracelet. I agree, it looks more unique, something you can't find somewhere else.
  • Options
    LondonLisaLondonLisa member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited November 2016
    I think they are both really terrible and your sister should buy her future husband a gift herself, without your help. They have stores in Singapore. 
    I have to agree- these look like accessories teenage Criss Angel wannabes wear with their Ed Hardy shirts. 

For $800 she could really buy something much, much nicer and longer-lasting. 
  • Options
    I think they are both really terrible and your sister should buy her future husband a gift herself, without your help. They have stores in Singapore. 
    I'm sorry, but I have to completely agree. 
  • Options
    I say get him both. A giant owl with purple eyes on a necklace would just look tacky without a bicycle chain bracelet.

• Options
    Has your mythical sister said that her made up FI would really like some overpriced jewelry as a wedding gift? 
  • Options
    Heffalump said:
    ttcstacey said:
    Jamie Foxx got a silver ring from the said collection though and looks like it goes well with any kind of wardrobe. Will really appreciate your input ladies. 
    I'm assuming he made his choice before he saw that purple-eyed owl.
    It's a shame.   That owl's a hoot!! 
  • Options

And how did that fake ultrasound picture for your H work out?  Did he cry tears of joy only to have the baby rug pulled out from under him?  Because that is exactly how I felt when I had my miscarriage earlier this year.   

You are a troll, go back under your bridge.

I was curious and just looked up the form about that. I completely forgot about that one!
  • Options
    Well there's a whole lotta nope in one thread...