Wedding Woes

Monday!

2»

Re: Monday!

• @SaintPaulGal Fast healing for your dad!
  • @DrillSergeantCat  oh jeez :( you both need sleep!!
    The dark circles under my eyes would agree with you!
  • @6fsn they are saying the OSU attacker has been shot:

OSU latest: Shelter in place lifted, scene secure. Suspect with knife shot; 8 hospitalized with non life threatening injuries
  • @SaintPaulGal, ouch!  Best wishes for your dad.  That sounds like a terrible accident.

@Heffalump, such cute stories!

My dad was always very uncomfortable with the idea of Santa.  He felt that was lying to his kids.  No judgment on others, just something he couldn't bring himself to do.  They never fostered our belief in Santa.  They never said he didn't exist, but never said he did either.  So we "kind of" never believed in Santa.  Even at a young age, we picked up there was something "fishy" to the story ;), since we didn't get presents from Santa and our parents never talked about him unless we asked.  And it was always those dodgy "parent" answers, like "The spirit of Santa is real."  

I had a 4-day weekend and got off early on Wed.  So, that alone, makes it an awesome holiday.  My H cooked TG dinner and did an awesome job.  Turkey was both flavorful and moist.

I did a lot of relaxing and drank through almost two normal-sized crockpots of apple cider (over the whole 4 days).  Some of it spiked with Crown Royal Apple.  I also added in some Torani caramel syrup.  Caramel syrup with apple cider is the BOMB.

As some of you may remember, I'm finishing up a reno on a duplex.  I needed all appliances for both sides, plus 4 more ac/heat window units (already bought 3).  Took advantage of BF sales to finish buying all that up.  Yeah!  Major checklist item checked off.  But my credit cards took a bad, bad beating for that.  If they were cartoon characters, they'd be wearing a tourniquet over one corner and walking with a crutch.

On the bright side, (knock on wood) that should be the last major expense I have for this reno.  We'll probably start showings later this week, though I don't think we'll be completely done until next week.  

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Holy shit, 6! I hope your H is okay.

So, Thursday was my 29th birthday. Thursdays are also the days that I weigh myself. So I get on the scale, it flashes 144.something and then tells me it has a low battery. H changes the battery, I get back on, 202.4 lbs. Gee, thanks scale. Welcoming me to almost 30 by telling me I've gained 60 lbs. in like 10 minutes. I thought it was funny.

Thursday was fine, busy. Friday we had H's dad's side over so we didn't have to squeeze them in on Thursday. That was nice. Saturday was nice, quiet. Nice to hang out with H though since he usually works 6 days a week and has a hard time relaxing on Sundays. Yesterday I went to the Bears game and all the owners of the tickets around us were there. They can't even sell their seats for 1/2 price. I'm sure there's going to be a lot of no-shows come the cold games.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • @ShesSoCold Happy belated birthday! 

Currently researching washing machines. We have a Samsung that was recalled and were going to have repaired today but after doing some research, it doesn't look like the "fix" is really all that great. So I've opted for the rebate instead and now we have to buy a new washing machine. Thank goodness for Cyber Monday sales. 

Thanksgiving was wonderful. I turned 30 on Thursday and spent the day going between the hot tub and the pool at my in-law's timeshare in Orlando. Came home on Sunday and promptly went out and got our Christmas tree and decorated it. Now it's back to the grind until Christmas when we have time off again.
  • Geez, what a horrifying situation.  :\  Hope those injured make it through.

Thanksgiving on our end was amazing -- it was the first time I didn't travel home to be with family.  My family was a little upset but I think they understood that we'd been travelling too much lately and needed to save some money (and have time to ourselves).

FI bought a deep fryer and fried a turkey -- greatest decision of our lives.  It was the juiciest, most tender turkey I've ever had.  We made enough food for a village -- mashed taters, green bean casserole, huge turkey, mac n cheese, stuffing, cheesy cauliflower, cranberry sauce, and TWO pies.  It was ridiculous.  We've been eating it for every meal til we ran out of everything but turkey last night.

We also went through an entire bottle of Baileys and then took a four hour nap.  A good day.

• @ShesSoCold  happy belated! Welcome to 29, it's .... enh.

@6fsn  hopefully the injuries aren't life risking :( glad it's all done!
  • Happy Birthday @shessocold and @cupcait927!  For the record, I loved 30!  You're young enough to still be dumb without apology on occasion yet old enough to not be 21 dumb.

@6fsn - glad your H is okay, hope everyone you guys know is also okay!  
  • Happy belated birthday @ShesSoCold and @cupcait927!

@6fsn I'm glad to hear your H is safe! What a horrible situation, though.

• @6fsn, thank goodness!  Glad to hear Mr.6 is okay.
  • Christmas cards (and photo ornaments, and address labels) are ordered!

PSA: Shutterfly is running an additional 26% off their current sale (40% on cards and 50% on gifts, I think?) with promo code ONEMORE.  (You can also use CYBER25 for 25% off sale prices, but the 26% off code was on FB.)  You can also use it with their SHIP49 for free shipping on $49+ orders.

• Holy shit, 6! I hope your H is okay.

So, Thursday was my 29th birthday. Thursdays are also the days that I weigh myself. So I get on the scale, it flashes 144.something and then tells me it has a low battery. H changes the battery, I get back on, 202.4 lbs. Gee, thanks scale. Welcoming me to almost 30 by telling me I've gained 60 lbs. in like 10 minutes. I thought it was funny.

Thursday was fine, busy. Friday we had H's dad's side over so we didn't have to squeeze them in on Thursday. That was nice. Saturday was nice, quiet. Nice to hang out with H though since he usually works 6 days a week and has a hard time relaxing on Sundays. Yesterday I went to the Bears game and all the owners of the tickets around us were there. They can't even sell their seats for 1/2 price. I'm sure there's going to be a lot of no-shows come the cold games.

Happy belated birthday @ShesSoCold and @cupcait927!

Back when the Saints were really bad...no, not in the recent seasons...when they were really bad 10+ years ago (I realize I have to be more specific).  We had a friend with season tickets.  For one game, he had other plans, but was going to be near the Superdome anyway.  So he just put his two tickets under his wipers for whoever wanted them.

When he got back to his car, there were FOUR tickets under his wipers, lol.

THAT's hilarious. We tried a few times to sell our tickets to the scalpers on our way in. Some didn't even dignify us with a response.

Next week my sister and I are going to the Bears game at noon then meeting two friends and going to the Hawks game at six. We tried to get our friends to go to the Bears game. No dice.

Thanks ladies!! I don't think I'll have an issue with 30 - I feel like I've been ready to be done with my 20s for a while now. Oh well still got a year. :)

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever