Chit Chat

Workout jams!

I've been trying to get back in shape, partly for the wedding & partly because I've just become lazy, but my current workout playlist looks like the early 2000's version of Zumba's greatest hits. Nothing wrong with that, but I'd like to update things a little.

What are your go-to workout songs?

Re: Workout jams!

• Don't ask me, when I was doing turbo jam - I needed to put on my own itunes music because their music sucked and was so non motivational.  I typically listened to Reba (her keep on loving you cd had some rocking songs!) and Carrie Underwood.  Not exactly workout music, but uplifting enough to work out to and it worked for me.  So yeah, don't ask me :) 

• Sometimes old school songs are better!! Honestly, when I tried to workout without a dvd, I went by a lot of songs from "Just Dance" series. It gave some familiarity and I already felt "bouncy" with those songs, so it meshed well.
  • Watching TV makes workouts go faster for me. And since I'm fat, I watch Food Network.

But when I had to listen to music I usually had speed or death metal on. The fast tempo made me go faster.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Watching TV makes workouts go faster for me. And since I'm fat, I watch Food Network.

But when I had to listen to music I usually had speed or death metal on. The fast tempo made me go faster.

OMG when I belonged to a gym with those fancy TV treadmills, I did the same thing! It was oddly motivating. Also most Bravo shows were good for picking up the pace...maybe it was all the yelling?
  • back in the day, when you went to a gym, it was a bunch of tv's on the wall, and not on the individual machine.  You plugged your headphones in and watched what was up there.  They had food network a lot to.  I thought it was mean.

• "Don't Stop (Color on the Walls)" -- Foster the People
    "Move Your Feet" -- Junior Senior
    "Something Good Can Work" -- Two Door Cinema Club
    "Right Here, Right Now" -- Fatboy Slim
    "Dynamite" -- Taio Cruz
  • "My Body"- Young and the Giant
    "Lose Yourself"- Eminem
    "The Walker"- Fitz and the Tantrums

I listen to a wide variety of music when I exercise- depends on my mood and the exercise of choice.
  • "Pump it" - Black Eyed Peas

I chose wine over the gym tonight.  I can't think of others. Sorrynotsorry.
  • I like a lot of old school stuff. Prince, Madonna, Janet and Michael Jackson. I also have some newer stuff, but it depends on what I'm doing. 
  • pandora dance cardio

• "Don't Stop (Color on the Walls)" -- Foster the People
    "Move Your Feet" -- Junior Senior
    "Something Good Can Work" -- Two Door Cinema Club
    "Right Here, Right Now" -- Fatboy Slim
    "Dynamite" -- Taio Cruz
    I have this in my head because of this discussion lol
  • I listen to podcasts or audio books. I want to be as distracted as possible from thinking about how long I have to run for. 
  • @charlotte989875 I've tried podcasts, but they just don't energize me the same as music does when I'm running. Plus sometimes I get so involved in the discussion I worry I may fall off the treadmill! I do like them for strength training though.
  • I go to a gym that has fancy TV treadmills and lately I've just been marathoning House Hunters while I run.

Otherwise, for music while running, I prefer:
    - Kendrick Lamar
    - Jay-Z ("Tom Ford" is one of the greatest running songs ever for some reason)
    - Busta Rhymes (same for "Break Ya Neck")
    - Kanye West, particularly "POWER," "Amazing," "All Day," "The New Workout Plan," "Can't Tell Me Nothing" and basically anything from 808 and Heartbreak
    - Kanye West AND Jay-Z (if you put on "H A M" or "Who Gon Stop Me" you will run 50 miles per hour)
    - "Get Lucky" by Daft Punk
    - "Monster" (boy when that Nicki Minaj verse comes on)
    - Thunderstruck 
    - What Goes Around.../...Comes Around by Justin Timberlake (perfect running beat)
    - Absolutely anything by Bruno Mars
    - Absolutely anything by the Weeknd

• Eye of the Tiger
    Titanium
    Karma Police    only because of "this is what you get when you mess with us.."
    Sweet Child o Mine
    Pour Some Sugar on Me
    Chandelier