Wedding Woes
Options

Monday

I can't believe it's less than 3 weeks until Christmas.  This year has passed so fast. 

How was the weekend?

Friday-We got our tree from Costco.  After we got home, DH and I ran to Lowe's and the liquor store.  We got curtains for our living room and some stuff to do some repairs around the house. 

Saturday-I got my hairs did and did some minor shopping.  Once I got home, we cleaned house and whatnot.  My family came over for dinner and December bdays. 

Sunday-Our friend from CA was passing through on a long layover and we live 10 min from the airport.  He asked to come hang at our house.  We put up the tree and other Christmas decorations.  I ran to the store for odds and ends and more lights for the tree.  We had an early dinner and just hung out the rest of the night. 

This morning, DefConn and I sang Christmas carols and danced at the bus stop to keep warm.  I had to look up Frosty's lyrics on my phone, LOL.  

Re: Monday

• Options
    Friday wasn't much of anything. 

Saturday am we got up at the ass crack of dawn and were loaded and out of the house at 8.  Went to indoor soccer then on to the ILs for a Christmas get together.  It was ok, but ugh it's so dirty.  Not in a "I didn't get that random corner dusted this time around." but a "this bird that was hanging next to the toilet when we moved in 10 years ago has never once been wiped down and it's now caked in dust and hairspray and I don't want to think about what else."
  • Options
    Friday H didn't get home until after 9. Mouse has a cold again and whined and cried for 2 hours until I got him to sleep. I had a breakdown over that because I just don't know how I'm supposed to do this with 2 by myself. We had a talk when he got home and he realizes that something needs to change, but outside of quitting his job we don't have many options. He's supposed to talk to the DO today about getting help in his department. They've been hiring several new people, but they're all for shipping while there's only 3 out of 34 employees in receiving. 

Saturday we went to lunch with MIL then I went to Target for baby stuff and some shatterproof ornaments. Our college football team won our Bedlam game which was also the conference championship. We ordered in Chinese for dinner and watched Deadpool for the thousandth time (I love that movie).

Sunday we put up the tree. It's my least favorite tree ever. I prefer differently shaped ornaments and this year they're all round. Mouse and I took a long nap. Then we went to the mall to see Santa. We also picked up some heirloom ornaments from Hallmark. I like the tree marginally better now. After the mall, we went to see my oldest at work. 

Today, I've finally decided to go see my PCP for this sinus shit. It's not getting any better and I'm now throwing up every day because of it. This can't just be pregnancy rhinitis.
  • Options
    I might be sick. I can't tell. I can't remember the last time I was sick, I don't actually feel bad but I have had a headache for 3 day and need more sleep than normal.
    Luckily, MIL left this morning for a couple days so the dog and I can just ride this out. 

Hope feel better soon @DrillSergeantCat
    @AtomicBlonde congrats on your new friend!
  • Options

This weekend was jammed packed and I'm actually glad to be at work, so I can slow down and just relax. 

Saturday - we went out to the tree farm (about 40 mins one way) to pick out our Christmas tree.  We got a good one we thought was a little smaller than typical, since I can't help as much with the tree lifting and such.  It turned out to be just at big (and maybe a little bigger) than our last one!  When we brought it in the house, Olive looked a bit pissed.  She typically comes to the tree farm and picks out the tree with us and we did not do that this year.  So she kept giving us looks like, you got this without me???

After the tree, we put up a 2nd coat on the ceiling and a coat on the walls of the bathroom.  We actually got those coats up pretty quick and were able to relax for about 30-45 minutes before we left for church.  Then after church we went out to dinner with MIL, her BF, and BIL/SIL.  That ended with a yelling match and MIL being banned from the restaurant.  Oh boy.  Worst part was she had the argument with the manager and she wouldn't tip the waitress.  I only had $2 in cash to give to her while profusely apologizing for the incident.  BIL/SIL had left prior to the showdown with the manager, so we couldn't even ask for some cash for a tip from them.  I swear every time we go out to dinner with MIL lately (where she wants to pay, anyway) something like this happens.  When we got in the car to leave I told H this type of crap makes me not want to go our to dinner with his family anymore.  After we got home from dinner, we made cupcakes

Sunday - I got in a yoga class in the morning.  Met at a bar with friends to watch the dreaded Eagles game.  It was fun to catch up with them.  Then we went home and made the icing for the cupcakes, iced them and off to my friend's house for the annual Christmas parade.  They have an ugly sweater contest each year and this years winner won half a case of Mexican beer.  And the winner simply wore a plain red sweater with T-rump's face on it.  He had a thing on the back that said "Make Christmas great again."  My only hope was that he used the double chin pic that T-rump hates and tried to have the google remove from its website, but he went with a different one.  After the parade it was crash time.

Today we don't have much.  I'm going to make a nice dinner for us from stuff I bought at the nice Italian market near where the tree farm is.  Then we go out to the dr's for our whooping cough vaccine.

• Options

Atomic - That dog is adorable and I think Twiggy fits!  Good luck with him/her!

DSC - Feel better soon!

TFB - That guy is an ass.  I wish you good luck in that new job prospect!  Hopefully you can get out of your current job quickly!

• Options

@AtomicBlonde, congrats on the new pup!  He is so handsome.

@thefanciestbeckler, that coworker was practically begging for a junkpunch.  I admire your restraint.

@OliveOilsMom, WTF @ your MIL?

• Options

@AtomicBlonde, aaahhhhh...Berk/Twiggy is such a cutie!  Sounds like he already knew he was with the right family.

I had a really bad stretch Thurs. night/Friday day.  Nothing too major on Thurs., but just one of those "Murphy's Law" days.

On Friday, I had my interview at a real estate agency.  I'd really, really been looking forward to it!  I was hoping to have a good picture after it, if this is a career I want to pursue.  But nobody was there!!!  I was super irritated.  Especially considering I wore pantyhose and everything, lol.  I called the phone number and left a message.  The guy who owns the agency called me back on Sat., apologizing, and said he'd never received the notification from his online scheduling service.  He left a message, I didn't catch the call.

I'll call him back at lunch today and, I guess, reschedule.  But, so far, I'm not very impressed.  To say the least.

Other than that, the weekend was great.  I got up and moving earlier than usual on Sat. and was home for the rest of the day by 12:30PM.  One of my errands was a Sam's Club trip that set me back $300.  Ouch.

Sunday was a relaxing day, totally at home.  I had a few glasses of POG mimosas (Pineapple, Orange, Guava juice).  That was a good combo I had never tried before, but I made the mistake of thinking it was REAL juice.  It was not.  It was a juice cocktail.  Only 15% juice.  The rest was water and crap tons of sugar.  Super gross in comparison to the real thing.  I never knowingly buy juice cocktail, but sometimes I get "tricked". 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Holy. Shit. @thefanciestbeckler and @OliveOilsMom

Both those things are fucked up. 
  • Options
    @DrillSergeantCat  feel better :( and poor Mouse too!

@AtomicBlonde  What a cutie! When I saw "Berk" my first thought was "Bork?" .... I see too many memes.

@thefanciestbeckler it's one thing to compliment you but that was plain rude! Jeez

@OliveOilsMom  good lord at your MIL! What happened that started the fight?

Pretty productive weekend.
    Friday - M dropped my off for my massage. That went well, and I'm definitely going back! The girl felt the knots in my shoulders/neck and was asking about it and what I do. Then she suggested a product that made me IMMEDIATELY think of here :)
    BioFreeze!!

I am the proud owner of gel biofreeze. I also got a sample, so I gave that to my mum. I'm gonna go pick up more for my mum and MIL for xmas gifts. I'm not sure which I'll get for MIL, but I'm thinking spray. My mum is def getting the gel ;)

Afterwards, I picked up Arby's for myself because M is weird and doesn't like it lol
    We had friends stop over for a bit, but after my massage I was exhausted. M almost fell asleep while they were there, so he 'kicked them out' {lol} and we crashed hard.

Saturday - omg running around! I vacuumed in the morning, then started getting congested so I lay down. M and I both fell asleep, and had to get up and go do errands before my xmas party. Barely made it home in time to get ready.
    Party was good. My boss had a breast reduction on Wednesday, but was good to come out for a bit. She left early and rested since she still wasn't feeling 100% but that was fine. We knew it'd happen.

Sunday - M and I woke up pretty early considering how late we were out, and M was a bit hung over because restaurant just kept refilling wine glasses.
    My mum texted me to see if we wanted to go see "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find them"
    SUCH A GOOD MOVIE!
    When we got home, M and I lounged around watching Pokemon {original series} and I made a crockpot meal. It turned out sooooo great! I'm so happy! It's a mix of chicken pot pie and chicken stew.
    Next time I may use flour to thicken up the soup more.
  • Options

Sunday - M and I woke up pretty early considering how late we were out, and M was a bit hung over because restaurant just kept refilling wine glasses.
    My mum texted me to see if we wanted to go see "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find them"
    SUCH A GOOD MOVIE!
    When we got home, M and I lounged around watching Pokemon {original series} and I made a crockpot meal. It turned out sooooo great! I'm so happy! It's a mix of chicken pot pie and chicken stew.
    Oh so good! I loved it. Even H who is not a huge HP fan liked it. 
  • Options
    Happy Monday.  I'm hoping my wedding day is beyond amazing since the weeks leading up are bound and determined to suck.  My coworker that retired last month because he was terminal passed away.  I had really hoped he would  make it through Christmas for his family.  Everyone always says this when someone passed, but it was really really true for this guy:  he never complained and there was never a bad thing to be said about him.  When he was first diagnosed 8 years ago, he took the day off when he learned it was cancer and his wife sent in a note with a basket of chocolates for all of us.  And he came in the next day joking that we better have eaten all of them because his wife won't let him and he was going to steal what we had left.  He was just the best.

My dad is home and doing well, thankfully.  LS;DR - after being discriminated against by the hospital for being Deaf, they found a way to discharge him in 90 minutes a day early.  I've been in touch with the DOJ who thinks we have a strong case for a lawsuit and am gearing up my Dad with all of the facts and information I documented since he has to be the one to actually file the complaint.  But he's home and doing well and that's good news.

Yesterday we submitted our final numbers and today a coworker and her husband had to back out.  Which is fine of course, but there was a coworker I regret not inviting and now I regret it even more!
  • Options
    This is so petty but oh well (from a Facebook b/s/t). A woman was supposed to buy an easel and trike from me. She never showed and stopped responding. I can see her house from mine. 

I I had some plastic kid utensils for free. She said she wanted them. I watched her daughter go in and out of the neighbors house but the utensils sat for days and never got picked up. 

Today i posted a tread climber for free. I said the new owner needed to be able to help bring up from the basement and transport it home. She had the balls to ask for it. If I can't help carry it no way her 90 lb self can.  She couldn't pick up a water table from a neighbor the other day because it wouldn't fit in her car.
  • Options

The restaurant fight was really dumb and typical - it was due to pricing.  Some backstory is needed, MIL and BF go here frequently and knew the previous owner very well.  He sold it to the current people.

So we get there and immediately MIL and BF are saying how its gone down hill.  I'm thinking, why are we even sitting here then?  But MIL had a groupon for $50 worth of pizza. 

So waitress comes up, they chat with her and we realize she has only been working here for 3 weeks, so not long enough to know any specials or coupons, etc.  Anyway, so MIL says that we want the 3 topping pizza deal for $13 and change.  Each couple orders their own 3 topping pizza.  Then drinks.  MIL asks about pitchers and if you get free refills.  Waitress goes to ask, comes back and pitchers are $2.99 but no free refills (MIL is all aghast at this).  But if you order individual glasses at 1.99 there are free refills.  MIL is still upset about this, but we just convince her to get the individual glasses since its cheaper in the long run (they drink a ton of soda).

So food is ordered and we all eat.  Pizza was delicious and waitress was attentive and refilling glasses like crazy.  Then the bill comes.  After the groupon off, it was still $25.  MIL asks waitress why is the bill so high.  Waitress goes to talk to manager, since she rang it up.  At this point BIL/SIL leave because they had to run to the grocery store for a few things.  H & I stay - waitress comes back and says your pizzas were $11.99 plus $3 each topping.  That's where MIL flips and goes up to talk (yell?) at manager.  "I called you ahead of time to make sure I could get the $13 3 topping pizza deal AND use the remaining $50 on the drinks - you said yes." 

So she and the manager go back and forth.  Even the pizza maker got in on the act and MIL just would not back down.  So basically the argument was over MIL wanting to use a coupon AND the groupon - which is typically a no go.  Oh, I should point out that MIL didn't even have a copy of this coupon - it was apparently something they "always got" when they would come in to eat.  Eventually the manager just tells her to get out and not come back.  Then MIL turns around to us (where I am hanging my head so low and trying to hide behind my glass of water) and tells us we can leave.  She also turns to the table closest to us and says how rude they are here and how down hill its gone since the new owners bought it.  At this point, I yell at MIL to get out and leave other customers alone.  So she turned and left.

H & I are desperately going through our wallets to pull together whatever bills we had.  Which was $2.  So when the waitress was coming by, I handed it to her, apologized that it was all the cash I had and tell her that I'm so sorry all that happened.  We left and went back to MILs.

BIL/SIL arrive to hear the rest of the story.  I mentioned to BIL the waitress wasn't tipped and we only had $2 to give her.  BIL flipped on MIL about not tipping the waitress.  We leave around 8, to go home.  Not sure how much they ended up rehashing this story or how truthful it was.

Basically, this is the type of shit I see with MIL more frequency.  I don't know if its the BF's influence or not.  She barely tips 10% on bills when she wants to treat us for dinner the last few times.  We went to a diner once and she asked tons of questions and the waiter went back and forth getting all this stuff for her and she didn't tip 10%.  So we try to remember to bring extra cash for tip, but we tipped the tree farm guys who helped with our tree earlier in the day, so we didn't have as much available this time.  I think the next time she wants to go out to eat, I'm not going. 

• Options
    @atomicblonde, Cuuuuuuuute! Congrats on the new pup!
    @thefanciestbeckler, What a complete ass.  Why do we have to wear make up all the time?  or at all? I never do anymore but get those same comments when I do! I feel ya
    @MisskittyDanger, glad the review was good. We just purchased tickets to see that tonight (3d) and I'm NOT a HP fan, so I hope I have the same reaction!

Friday - our holiday party.  4 out of 9 people could go.  It wasn't rescheduled after the low turn out rsvp's.  Just 4 people went.

Sat - Had lunch with BFF, and saw "incarnate" which was actually pretty good.  I also started a gluten free diet on Saturday, and I must say - 2 days down and i feel better already.  And no heartburn which is a major plus.

Sun - It snowed, so I stayed in. all. freaking. day.

I have decided, since we'll be away for xmas - we're not putting a tree up.  I have a poinsettia on the table.  That's enough Christmas cheer.  i have no motivation to put up, decorate and take down a tree.

• Options

SUCH A GOOD MOVIE!
    Oh so good! I loved it. Even H who is not a huge HP fan liked it. 
    My mum is a HP fan and so is M. I def liked the movies but was in no rush to see movie. I'm so glad I went. I want a niffler lmao
  • Options

@kimmiinthemitten, sorry to hear about your former coworker!  I'm glad your dad is doing okay, despite all the hospital translator bungling.  Wedding soon!

@6fsn, with that neighbor, I'd debate between not responding or telling her to come by and get it when you're home, but you're not holding it for her.  It's going to the first person that comes for it.

Monday update.   Both of my fridges got delivered to the new duplex.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @CharmedPam  it does have the same HP feel, but it's very different. Especially because it's based in 1926. There's a lot we recognized from the HP series that helps with understanding it
  • Options
    @CharmedPam  it does have the same HP feel, but it's very different. Especially because it's based in 1926. There's a lot we recognized from the HP series that helps with understanding it
    oh great.  so half way getting through the first one wont really help me? :)  I do like the era.. maybe I can enjoy the setting.  This is more for DH since I drag him to my really really (REALLY) shitty movies.

• Options
    oh great.  so half way getting through the first one wont really help me? :)  I do like the era.. maybe I can enjoy the setting.  This is more for DH since I drag him to my really really (REALLY) shitty movies.
    You may not catch references, but you'll like. You have a basic understanding of HP series, right?
  • Options
    nope.  I seriously hate it. 

• Options
    I agree, you can tell it's part of the HP universe, but you don't need to be a fan to enjoy it. 

Also, I thought the bowtruckle was adorable. 
  • Options
    My Monday just got brighter in two ways!

-The coworker whose office we put the tree in is over the moon about it.  I expected him to make a pretense of being annoyed while secretly being pleased, but he is outwardly joyous.  He even sent an email to the whole staff telling everyone to stop by his office and see what a nice thing we did for him. I freaking love Christmas cheer!

-I have been having a pretty horrific customer service experience with an online retailer and it appears to be solved after almost a week of fighting back and forth.  I eventually threatened to do a charge-back and they finally proposed a workable solution instead.  I am very pleased with the ultimate resolution, and I expect to order from this company again in the future, but they really need to get their shit together in the customer support department. 
  • Options
    @AtomicBlonde I didn't mean to ignore your pup!  I love him!
  • Options
    @kimmiinthemitten - I'm so sorry about your former coworker. Also I am very happy that your dad is doing well!

@AtomicBlonde congrats on the new pup! He is so stinkin cute! I love the Twiggy name. I hope Hiccup continues to warm up to him.

So it's snowing out today. Not that shocking - it's Boston and it's December. However, it's the first real snow of the season, which means everyone forgets how to drive in the snow. Which then translated into my 16 mile commute to work taking almost 90 minutes.

So while I'm in traffic - which is craaaaaaaaaawling - I look over and there is a guy in a pickup truck in the lane to the left of me with Guam license plates. Yep. You read that right. GUAM. How is it that Guy From FREAKING Guam can drive in snow with no problems - but all of New England has serious issues?!

It's my first day back to work without our bunny dog (which is what my mom always called her and she loved it). H & I are doing better - I actually made it two hours this morning without crying! Hooray!

We got our tree yesterday and are going to decorate it this evening. The VCA gave us puppy angel pins, so I put one on a small stuffed animal of the bunny dog's and am going to sew a loop on it to turn it into a Christmas ornament. 
  • Options
    @sparklepants41  same with me. Not first snow fall but people forgot how to drive. A bus ride that normally takes about 40mins {max} took almost 2hrs because of weather and traffic -.-'