Honeymoon Discussions

Planning Romantic getaway!

annaclark857annaclark857 member
First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
edited December 2016 in Honeymoon Discussions
Which are the most romantic places you can think of? We are a very outdoorsy couple and open for any suggestions! (preferably within the US)

Re: Planning Romantic getaway!

• Can you narrow that down at all? In the US? Europe?  Somewhere tropical? Outdoorsy can mean a ton of different things. Do you want to backpack/hike, or do you want to do water sports? What time of the year are you traveling? 
  • Sorry about that - We would like it to be within the US at this time. 
  • Sorry about that - We would like it to be within the US at this time. 
    What time of the year are you traveling? Do you have a budget? Do you want warm weather, or is cold weather OK? What kind of outdoor activities do you want to do?
  • We are looking at a budget of around 2k, warm weather or cold weather is fine for us as well. We enjoy outdoor activities like hiking and things of that sort. 
  • That's soooo broad.  

2K for how long?  You could go pretty much anywhere in the US for a weekend with a two thousand dollar budget, but the longer you go the more limited you are.  

Where are you coming from?  Do you want something very different from your home surroundings?  Something similar?

When are you traveling?  And even if warm or cold weather are both "fine," what do you actually like?  Would you want to go dog sledding in the far north in winter?  Soaking up the extreme heat in the south in the summer? Surely one of those things sounds more appealing than the other.

Without a bit more info from you there is not much useful that can be said.
  • Man, you're making this really hard. 

Napa valley/northern CA
    Sedona 
    Glacier National Park
    Jackson, Wyoming
    Alaska - lots of options there 
    Park City, Utah
    Maine / Bar Harbor 
    Vermont - again, lots of options 
    Newport RI 
    The Catskills/Hudson Valley 
    Asheville, NC
    Also lots of options in the Blue Ridge Mountains 
    The Hamptons/Montauk
    Finger Lakes region in NY

I'm sure there are also a lot of great options in Colorado 

• Man, you're making this really hard. 

Napa valley/northern CA
    Sedona 
    Glacier National Park
    Jackson, Wyoming
    Alaska - lots of options there 
    Park City, Utah
    Maine / Bar Harbor 
    Vermont - again, lots of options 
    Newport RI 
    The Catskills/Hudson Valley 
    Asheville, NC
    Also lots of options in the Blue Ridge Mountains 
    The Hamptons/Montauk
    Finger Lakes region in NY

I'm sure there are also a lot of great options in Colorado 

I like this list! 

Also want to add:

Big Sur
    Berkshires
    Adirondacks
    Yosemite
    Lake Tahoe
  • Thanks for these great suggestions! Sorry for being so broad, I was looking for a brainstorm of ideas haha. Didn't have anything specifically set in mind. 

Thanks again guys!
  • Well, we went on our HM to Arizona, and we loved it.

We stayed in Phoenix mainly, but did an overnight trip to Sedona and a day trip to the Grand Canyon.

In Phoenix we did a short (but active) hike up Piestewa Peak. There are many other trails and peaks you can hike though. In Sedona we went for a horseback ride and a wine tour. At the Grand Canyon you can walk or bike the whole rim if you'd like. There are also extensive hiking tours you can do in/out of the Canyon (but you have to be a good hiker).

We stayed for a week. The HM above did cost more than 2K but you could do it cheaper, as the hotel we stayed at in Phoenix was the main expense.
  • H and I travel a ton and our top trips in the US are as follows: Napa/Sonoma, San Fran, skiing in Jackson Hole, New York, Seattle/Portland, Washington.

We liked all the major cities for things to do/great food options and ease for getting to/from.

Napa/Sonoma was my favourite trip because we walked/cycled between many great wineries and basically lived outside for 6 days.

Jackson Hole is a place we go back to every year for skiing. We love the layout of the mountain and the variety of food options. It is also easy to get to. I haven't been during the summer but we were told that the hiking is phenomenal.