Wedding Woes

Tuesday!

Re: Tuesday!

• Good luck to Mr. Conn! And to your H, @charlotte989875.

Got our Christmas tree.  Christmas tree shopping be like

There are literally no trees left in the area.  I'm not sure that the one we ended up with will even make it to Christmas.  I had a meltdown about it and wanted to cancel everything.  Thank god for DH.

DH's brother and SIL have apparently disowned us, so I guess that's that.  Not a decision I would ever deliberately and consciously make, regardless of my feelings, since, you know, blood and all, but I guess it's not really that much of a surprise.  A disappointment, but if they want to burn those bridges, that's their choice.  I just wish the rest of the family would stop telling me I need to "make amends."  Sorry, but I'm not going to apologize for refusing to be a doormat, nor for DH kicking out the people who insulted and tried to bully his wife in their own home.  Under the influence of alcohol or not, you're not so fucked up that you don't know when you're crossing lines like that.
    tawillers said:
    Everyone here has a gazillion socks except me.  I also only wear them in the winter, but right now I'm down to 3 pair.  I have no idea what happens to them but I really need to go buy some.
    I asked for all the socks for Christmas because of this very reason.  It's all I really want.  I can't even blame the dogs for the missing socks because they prefer ripping the eyes off my penguin slippers.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

tawillersMissKittyDanger
  • Sooo busy at work since it's my last day in the office and one of my major accounts gave me three quotes due tomorrow; thanks a lot!

Picking up my sister and The Nugget (niece) tomorrow from the airport.  I can't wait to chase that little chunk everywhere.
    charlotte989875lyndausviOurWildKingdomshort+sassy
  • Oh yeah, and the snow estimate for Saturday has significantly dropped, so FI is freaking out less now.

I'm still in super chill "we don't need it' mode.
    charlotte989875OliveOilsMomthefanciestbeckler
  • We are getting some serious snow right now. Guess I'll need to shovel. I've been trying to do a version of bullet journaling and I'm liking it. I'm too anti crafty for the fancy stuff, but a notebook is working great (for two weeks).

ive said it before- I do laundry one day a week.  wash one day and fold in under 45 minutes the next. Kids laundry goes straight from their hamper into the wash then it's own basket when folded. They put it away that day.  Luckily Dh wears uniforms. 
  • ...and we have a ceiling leak. Screw today. 
    You can come work at my house.  Hot water, no leaks and two cats to block your keyboard access!  All just 30 minutes away:).
    OurWildKingdomDrillSergeantCatcharlotte989875MissKittyDanger
  • tawillers said:
    Everyone here has a gazillion socks except me.  I also only wear them in the winter, but right now I'm down to 3 pair.  I have no idea what happens to them but I really need to go buy some.
    They go to visit my lost sunglasses, pens, and umbrellas.
    tawillers
  • 6fsn said:
    We are getting some serious snow right now. Guess I'll need to shovel. I've been trying to do a version of bullet journaling and I'm liking it. I'm too anti crafty for the fancy stuff, but a notebook is working great (for two weeks).

ive said it before- I do laundry one day a week.  wash one day and fold in under 45 minutes the next. Kids laundry goes straight from their hamper into the wash then it's own basket when folded. They put it away that day.  Luckily Dh wears uniforms. 
    What's bullet journaling?
  • 6fsn said:
    We are getting some serious snow right now. Guess I'll need to shovel.

As are we.  I bet DH will pull out the snowblower. Our drive is entirely too long to shovel.  

It started this morning as I was putting DefConn on the bus and is to continue until the kids get out of school.  We've probably gotten a 1-1.5 inches and will probably have 2 by the time it's over. 
  • Oh yeah, and the snow estimate for Saturday has significantly dropped, so FI is freaking out less now.

Not entirely true. The stores get emptied of bread, eggs, milk, and water at the mere mention of a storm. 
    OurWildKingdomshort+sassy
  • Nailed it, @PrettyGirlLost:)

Another slow-ish day at work. Busy, but I have time to get done what I need to get done. I could get used to this.

FW turns in her final project for stagecraft today, then takes her anthropology final tomorrow, and after that, she's done with school for a month! She's registered for next semester already and her financial aid is in place, so all she has to do is relax.

Tonight is our second couples counseling session. The last session was a huge wake-up call; I had no idea how close I'd come to losing her. We're going to keep going for a while and take our time planning a new wedding date. 
    kimmiinthemittenDrillSergeantCatOliveOilsMommissJeanLouise
  • And how did I miss your new job, @ShesSoCold? Congratulations!
    You can come work at my house.  Hot water, no leaks and two cats to block your keyboard access!  All just 30 minutes away:).
    Sounds great! 75 North to Detroit is only a few blocks from my house. 
    thefanciestbecklerkimmiinthemitten

Lmao! We got 10cm {3 inches} other day and it was all 3 options

Not entirely true. The stores get emptied of bread, eggs, milk, and water at the mere mention of a storm. 

Love it!!!  That is hilarious.  But I also agree with @DrillSergeantCat, it gives the South way too much credit.  Each of those boxes needs to be pushed one back, lol.

Poor West Coast.  They're not included.  I'm going to lump them with the South.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    DrillSergeantCatOurWildKingdomPrettyGirlLost

• LOL. As a Southerner, I can vouch that this is 100% true. Except we've been known to close schools and businesses for flurries too ;)
    Our schools have begun preemptively closing schools based on expected snowfall. Then, we get a dusting and it's too late to call it back in. 
    short+sassy

• LOL. As a Southerner, I can vouch that this is 100% true. Except we've been known to close schools and businesses for flurries too ;)
    Our schools have begun preemptively closing schools based on expected snowfall. Then, we get a dusting and it's too late to call it back in. 
    Yes! That's what they do here. If I'm not mistaken schools in my county used all the allotted snow days one year without ever even getting any snow. It's honestly crazy.

short+sassy
  • We had snow last weekend but now we have sub-zero temps.  It was -7F when I got on the bus this morning but has warmed up to +7 F.  Brrrrr.

Yep.  The weathermen start screaming about possible 4-6" on TV, school robocalls at like 9:30 p.m. to cancel classes the next day, and then all you get are flurries that don't even stick.

Not going to lie, though: I love a good snow day.  I am already looking forward to them. 

That chart is spot on.  I was explaining to Wooz the other day how where I grew up, if it snowed you were still expected to go to work and school, and she was horrified.  Here, we shut everything down until the snow melts the next day, and in the meantime kids are making snow angles in the middle of the (empty) street.
    thefanciestbeckler
  • I hate folding laundry. I will wash it, dry it, and then pick it out of the laundry basket when I want to wear it. I am terrible.

Every year the partner I share my office with and I split the cost of large gift baskets for our two departments at the hospital, and something for our office staff. He just emailed me asking what he owes me. But here's the thing. I'm pretty sure he's about to be fired. I can't let him pay half of this if he won't even be here by Christmas. Maybe I'll just pretend I didn't see it.

Also..it's snowing!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Ok so I'm a transplanted southerner so yes the chart is spot on! We have snow today. When I was driving home from the Y the roads were horrible - nearly slid down my street into a neighbor's yard because we live in a hilly section of Indy. I've stayed inside the rest of the day - canceling an appointment because our street is still a mess. I'm sure the other streets are fine but don't want to land in neighbor's yard or through their window!

• @OurWildKingdom it's basically making your own day planner.  There are tons of blogs and pinterest stuff on it.  Some of them are really cool and elaborate.  I have a wide rule spiral notebook. 

I do by the week- 1 page has the dates and any exceptions to our calendar (I still keep the big calendar for exact dates times and locations).  I also keep the list of dinners that week.  Under that is room for a post it note with grocery lists- I have different colors for different stores. 

The opposite page is my to do list.  I have a running list and then will add a box if there's a big thing with a lot of minor things.  Like Max's birthday party this weekend has a box with- make decorations, grocery, order pizzas, menu "blah blah blah"

I had a lot of stupid stuff falling through the cracks and I'd end up doing something last minute that either cost, time, money, or patience.  I'm not long into this, but it seems to be working.
    OurWildKingdom
  • drglitter said:
    I hate folding laundry. I will wash it, dry it, and then pick it out of the laundry basket when I want to wear it. I am terrible.

Every year the partner I share my office with and I split the cost of large gift baskets for our two departments at the hospital, and something for our office staff. He just emailed me asking what he owes me. But here's the thing. I'm pretty sure he's about to be fired. I can't let him pay half of this if he won't even be here by Christmas. Maybe I'll just pretend I didn't see it.

Also..it's snowing!

I know people in the medical field must go through a LOT of laundry!  My personal home is a duplex and, two years ago, my other side was rented to a couple.  She is a veterinarian and he is going to Tulane Medical school.  It was only the two of them, no kids, but they ran their washer/dryer almost every day.  I pictured their laundry room must have been filled with scrubs, lol.

That's an awkward position to be in with the partner you share your office with.  Yikes.  I'd go with "pretend you didn't see the e-mail" and "oh yeah, sorry, I still need to tally the costs", if he asks in person.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Love it!!!  That is hilarious.  But I also agree with @DrillSergeantCat, it gives the South way too much credit.  Each of those boxes needs to be pushed one back, lol.

Poor West Coast.  They're not included.  I'm going to lump them with the South.

I wonder why we are excluded?   And do not put all of us with the South.    When it snows here some things will shut down, but only for everyone to go skiing.   Even schools will close just so the kids can go ski  :)

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
    thefanciestbecklerOliveOilsMomkimmiinthemittenshort+sassy

We need a Canadian version for the Knotties north of the border!
    MissKittyDanger

We need a Canadian version for the Knotties north of the border!

OurWildKingdomMissKittyDangersparklepants41short+sassy
  • 6fsn said:
    @OurWildKingdom it's basically making your own day planner.  There are tons of blogs and pinterest stuff on it.  Some of them are really cool and elaborate.  I have a wide rule spiral notebook. 

I do by the week- 1 page has the dates and any exceptions to our calendar (I still keep the big calendar for exact dates times and locations).  I also keep the list of dinners that week.  Under that is room for a post it note with grocery lists- I have different colors for different stores. 

The opposite page is my to do list.  I have a running list and then will add a box if there's a big thing with a lot of minor things.  Like Max's birthday party this weekend has a box with- make decorations, grocery, order pizzas, menu "blah blah blah"

I had a lot of stupid stuff falling through the cracks and I'd end up doing something last minute that either cost, time, money, or patience.  I'm not long into this, but it seems to be working.
    What a great idea! I carry a planner, but this would be a definite improvement.
  • drglitter said:
    I hate folding laundry. I will wash it, dry it, and then pick it out of the laundry basket when I want to wear it. I am terrible.

Also..it's snowing!

I know people in the medical field must go through a LOT of laundry!  My personal home is a duplex and, two years ago, my other side was rented to a couple.  She is a veterinarian and he is going to Tulane Medical school.  It was only the two of them, no kids, but they ran their washer/dryer almost every day.  I pictured their laundry room must have been filled with scrubs, lol.

That's an awkward position to be in with the partner you share your office with.  Yikes.  I'd go with "pretend you didn't see the e-mail" and "oh yeah, sorry, I still need to tally the costs", if he asks in person.

Pretty much. He is a paramedic so between my scrubs and his uniforms, it's a lot.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    short+sassy