Wedding Woes

Thursday!!

What's up??

I didn't wake up to a cold-ass house.  YAY!  

DH got home on time this morning, in a good mood, and drove DefConn to the bus-stop.  YAY! 

I went to dinner with one of my BFF's last night and we did some shopping.  YAY!  

I still have zero inspiration for the other 3 gifts I'm supposed to get.  I'm almost done shopping for DH.  I told DH we're getting this shit figured out *this* weekend, together, come hell or high water.  ;) 

charlotte989875kimmiinthemittenHeffalumpsparklepants41

Re: Thursday!!

• I finally did Christmas cards! Every year I say I'm going to do them and I never do, so I'm feeling good about actually getting them done. 

Its super cold so I'm working from home. Grading, grading, and more grading. So close to being finished with the semester then I'll start wrapping gifts. Currently there is just a stack of Amazon boxes in my dining room. 
  • Barely made it work this morning. Should've stayed home. We've got a huge lake effect band of snow over my area right now so we're getting pounded with snow and the wind is making it worse. The roads were so bad that I could barely see two feet in front of me. On top of that, I have the worst sinus infection and my whole body hurts. Can we skip today and go straight to Friday?
  • We're on a school delay but not preschool. I hate delays. I had to cancel a bunch of stuff and I can't do anytuhing else because the schedule is effed and I'm stuck with kids in my kid free morning. 

Maybe be ill take this time to wrap max's birthday presents. Since that's Saturday and I've done diddly. 
  • I am laughing with you @Heffalump.  

DefConn does the same shit.  He thinks telling his brother that he'll be mad at him *forever* is a threat.  LMAO  Kid #2 always seems to be the spitfire.  ;) 
    HeffalumpOurWildKingdom
  • It's probably a good thing my breakfast was cancelled. I didn't think through the fact I was going to have mimosas then go to the preschool Christmas party. #thatmomisme. 
    mrsconn23kimmiinthemitten
  • We went to ikea last night. Got everything EXCEPT THE FUCKING AUDREY PICTURE I HAVE BEEN WANTING FOR A FEW YEARS!!
    Fucking fuck fuck.

Got a new lamp, so our new office room will FINALLY HAVE LIGHT! And I can stop doing my makeup by phone flashlight {which is a talent in itself ... but it works ;)!}
    M doesn't know, but I'm setting up his desk when I get home early next Friday and I know he won't be home. He thinks we're putting it together on the 24th. Muahahaha! I'm gonna wrap his mug and put a bow on the desk to be funny/cute.

Tonight is dinner with my friend. I'm excited to see her open her gift {which I have to wrap once we get home ... } It's hard to explain, but I got her a paper weight, but it's glass with a jellyfish inside. We saw it at the store and she really liked it but didn't buy.

I think Friday we're doing rest of wrapping and I may see about getting a jump start on baking.
    short+sassy
  • mrsconn23 said:
    I am laughing with you @Heffalump.  

DefConn does the same shit.  He thinks telling his brother that he'll be mad at him *forever* is a threat.  LMAO  Kid #2 always seems to be the spitfire.  ;) 

Right?  I think you have to be!  Kid #1 arrives and everyone orbits around them for a while, but Kid #2 has competition from Day 1. 
    mrsconn23
  • 6fsn said:
    It's probably a good thing my breakfast was cancelled. I didn't think through the fact I was going to have mimosas then go to the preschool Christmas party. #thatmomisme. 
    Um, I always felt like I needed lots of drinks before going to a preschool party. 
    ShesSoColdshort+sassy
  • On Monday I became an aunt to my first nephew.  And it was "the year of the girls" as I call it, so I was actually shocked!  His name is William and he and SIL are doing fine, resting at home.  Biased aunt alert in  3....2.....1....and he's freaking adorable!
    Congratulations, Auntie Charmed!
    CharmedPam
  • I finished all of my Christmas shopping (except for the gift card for BIL's gf) the other day thanks to Amazon. I didn't go over board but I think everyone will like their gift so I feel good about the whole thing.
    After driving to Atlanta and back yesterday, I am having a do (almost) nothing day. Just sitting in a quiet house reading and cuddling the dog.
  • mrsconn23 said:
    6fsn said:
    It's probably a good thing my breakfast was cancelled. I didn't think through the fact I was going to have mimosas then go to the preschool Christmas party. #thatmomisme. 
    Um, I always felt like I needed lots of drinks before going to a preschool party. 
    Especially if there's going to be singing. It's sweet, but damn that ish is like nails on a chalkboard to me.
    mrsconn23
  • I love Max stories @6fsn
  • 6fsn said:
    #3 is a whole different animal. Yesterday he was playing a game and kept saying "holy calf" instead of cow. 
    This isn't wrong ... lol Technically the same thing :P
    mrsconn23
  • Fun fact, I just checked the ikea site and it's saying there is a picture there.

Where is it ikea .... WHERE IS IT

For reference .... it's this photo I want

PJTTERYD Picture IKEA Motif created by Phil Handsley The picture has extra depth and life because itaposs printed on high quality canvas

sparklepants41OurWildKingdomshort+sassy
  • Happy Birthday @thefanciestbeckler!  Hope your day continues to rock!
  • @SaintPaulGal  seems when people are faced with mortality, they get more emotional. But yayyyyy!!!!
  • I swear to gawd .... I had to call the city about property tax stuff and we "missed the deadline for the 10 month" WHICH IS FUCKING B.S BECAUSE YOU GUYS SEND US THE DOCUMENTS!!!

Guh .... /vent
  • Happy birthday, @thefanciestbeckler!

So I found out (through FB) that my uncle had to have a kidney removed yesterday because it was riddled with cancer.  The cancer, thankfully, was confined to that one kidney, but it's so shocking.  There were no symptoms at all.  He went in for an MRI for some unrelated back issues not two weeks ago, and my aunt said that the imaging caught some of the diseased kidney and then they told him, "Yeah, let's just take the whole thing out."

I'm in shock.  In some parallel universe, he doesn't have any back pain and his cancer is going undiagnosed (yes, I'm one of those crazy people).  I'm glad he's okay, everything went well, and he's hopefully going home tomorrow, but holy.shit.  It's an entire kidney!!!!

We got the tree up yesterday, and Hiccup be like:

Silly girl.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Fun fact, I just checked the ikea site and it's saying there is a picture there.

PJTTERYD Picture IKEA Motif created by Phil Handsley The picture has extra depth and life because itaposs printed on high quality canvas

My DD has this one is a HUGE size, as well as 5 others, lol.  She has been a fan since she was a little girl.  I'm not sure her BF loves them all over their apartment, but she doesn't care.
    MissKittyDanger

can you order it online and have it shipped to you so you don't have to brave the seven levels of hell that is the IKEA store layout (and the parking)?