Wedding Woes
Options

FRIDAY!

mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
edited December 2016 in Wedding Woes
DH's interview went well yesterday.  There's a few moving parts that have to be resolved and DH wants to go observe their operations.  But they loved him and were talking about he may be a good fit for a manager position they're eyeing at creating some time next year.  So things look good, but we probably won't have any further details until after the holidays. 

DefConn's bus driver was not there yesterday or today.   I bought him a gift card (starbucks)...we'll see if it's not added to my account by the end of Christmas break.  ;) #imthatmom

Gearing up for 2 weeks of kids on break.  At least I only work next week. 

What's up for the weekend? 

We don't have any real plans. We have shopping to do and I'm going to do some baking/candy making.  

Re: FRIDAY!

• Options

Yay for good interview, hope it turns out!

H may have today off. He has the morning off, at least. If he's off all day, he'll meet me at our favorite Asian/sushi restaurant for lunch.

Cleaning and baking the rest of today and tomorrow. My sister and I are going to the Blackhawks game Sunday and trying to decide whether to go downtown at noon and watch the Bears game at the bar or go down at 2 and miss most of it.

I'm anxiously awaiting two shipments for my secret santa and a gift for my husband. Also a new dog bed should be coming. I'm a big dork and way too excited that I put the dog's full name as the recipient.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    @mrsconn23  vibes for your H :)

Dinner with my friend last night was good. So glad for soup because my sinus' are blocked AGAIN. She liked the gift I gave her - jellyfish paper weight she'd been eyeing when I was with her. Since she's moving in September, I don't know colours they're doing so we got a grey/black one :)

She gave us/me a grab bag of things, so I feel bad lmao! I think I'll bake some goodies for her next time I see her. :)

We ended up going to my mum's place for a bit - had to pick up a chair and tupperware - and since she was home, we stayed for a bit. She had buckley's pills so I stole a bunch of 'daytime' ones lol

Didn't get home until late then couldn't sleep for the life of me, so I'm dragging today ...

Fun fact; our city is coldest in the world.
    Woke up and it was -28*C {-18*F} with windchill it's -33*C {-27*F}

Fuckkk -.-'
  • Options
    @Heffalump  ooh mystery meeting!!!

@ShesSoCold  well how is pup gonna know who it's for without name?
  • Options
    Side note: rough damn morning. I was on the bus and just a bit before getting off, I see a man standing and my first thought is that it looked like my dad. Same jacket, dark hat, stature.
    I. Could. Not. Breath.
    Once I could, I almost cried.

Fuck holidays.

{fyi - yes I'm on anxiety/depression meds and take them regularly but this time of the year is harder :( }
  • Options
    We only have a half day at work today, then work Christmas party.  I'm going to the mall after that to hit a couple of stores to finish up Christmas shopping.  K's mom made me a Wonder Woman stocking and it's amazeballs.

Also, I'm listening to my "Your 2016 Songs" on Spotify and David Bowie's last album just came on.  I'm not prepared for that.  I'm getting a little teary at my desk.

I'm ready for this weekend.  I'm still so sleepy.
  • Options
    Giving my last final today then some grading, hopefully I'll finish it all this weekend. 

Department holiday party tomorrow and hopefuly thr last of our gifts arriving today/tomorrow so I can get some wrapping done. H wrapped a present for me (from Santa) and put it under the tree. I didn't see it so he kept saying "will you turn one the tree lights", "don't you usually turn on the lights first thing in the morning?", he was all excited, pretty cute. 

Other than that just trying to stay warm and make it to the weekend!
  • Options
    Also, happy wedding weekend @kimmiinthemitten! The forecast for Saturday doesn't look too bad. Should be the warmest day of the weekend. Hope everyone makes it in town safely and you have a wonderful time! 
  • Options

Good luck to mr. conn!

@MissKittyDanger, coldest city in the world is NOT the kind of notoriety you want!  I think I read somewhere that Canada's capital (Ottowa) is the second coldest country capital in the world.  Second only to Mongolia's capital (Ulaanbaatar).

Oh happy day.  Well, not so happy right now, I didn't get enough sleep last night.  AND have errands to run after work, when what I really want to do is take a long nap.

But, it is a happy day because I am looking forward to a short work week next week.  I'm taking a vacation day on Monday and Friday.  So that makes this weekend a 3-dayer and next weekend a 4-dayer, with the Christmas holiday.  It will be glorious.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2016

Yay for Mr. Conn! I hope it all works out!

@MissKittyDanger I am really sorry about your bus incident. That would be so hard. Hugs to you.

I'm here! Last night was awesome. Mom and I had some of the best food I've ever had in my life and some awesome drinks. They have lots of house made infused liquors. This restaurant also lets people pick ANY dessert off their menu for free on their birthdays. Which is way more awesome than the usual vanilla ice cream with a candle in it. It was a great time. Turns out 28 year old TFB doesn't drink as well as 27 year old TFB did, though. I'm feeling those 3 drinks this morning. Lol.

So when I got home from work yesterday, I took my trash out to the road and found a used condom in front of my mailbox. Seriously??? That's just nasty. I also got a Christmas card from one of my oldest friends (we've been friends since we were 12) announcing that she's pregnant. I was hit with a really weird variety of emotions. I'm really happy for her, but I really did not want to find that out via Christmas card announcement. I feel like that's something that warrants a text message to certain people at the very least. And when I texted her to congratulate her she informed me that our other very close friend knew about the pregnancy and was told not to mention it to me until I got the Christmas card. So she obviously thought about me in this process and decided that a Christmas card was the appropriate way to tell me. My feelings are kinda hurt. Not something I'm going to make a big deal about, but it just feels very impersonal and kind of rude honestly. I'm hoping you ladies will let me know if I'm being crazy.

Other than that, this weekend will be cleaning, fudge and candy making, and a family dinner on Sunday with my brother's GF's family. Hopefully. My grandma is going to the doctor today to try to get some answers about everything that is going on. Everything will be put on hold or cancelled entirely if she ends up in the hospital.

Edited for punctuation

• Options
    @short+sassy  it is not and actually that's my city :') lmao We were colder than Mongolia briefly this morning
  • Options
    @Heffalump  greatest mystery meeting ever!!

@thefanciestbeckler  the weird part is that M now has the jacket and it never bothers me. My dad had a very typical look {5'11" - slim build} that it's not uncommon, but always throws me off
  • Options
    We had our first weather event of the season. It misted and was below freezing. Okies forget how to drive at the merest hint of precipitation. Add in freezing temps and it becomes a giant clusterfuck. Oklahoma City FD responded to over 100 accidents and there were 3 fatalities. The roads weren't even that slick. 

I went and saw my mom in rehab. She's been wearing a hospital gown and nothing else for 10 days now. They have to teach her how to dress herself without twisting wrong. Hopefully, she can get dressed soon. She also still has an IV line even though she hasn't been on IV meds or fluids since Monday. Nobody will take it out. I asked the nurse last night and she said she's just waiting on orders. 

Took Mouse for his second flu vaccine booster (it's two shots for littles) and he did so good! I was holding his hands and talking to him while she injected his leg and he literally just let out a little squeak. 

Mouse slept like shit last night so we slept like shit last night. I'm not big enough that I can't sleep comfortably in the queen bed with another person, so I slept on the pull out couch last night.

I'm getting my hair done today. Tomorrow is H's company Christmas party. I need to finish the scarves for Mouse's teachers and wrap presents. 

High is 68 here today. Tomorrow the high is 20 with a 50% chance of snow.
  • Options
    I'm listening to the Dear Prudie podcast because her guest is Anna Sale (from Death Sex Money) and she says 'um' A FUCKING LOT.   I've counted at least 10 in the 2.5 min I've been listening. 
  • Options
    @thefanciestbeckler  also that's an odd way to announce pregnancy ... I would be insulted/hurt too. 
  • Options
    Aaaaaaaand, I'm being called back in for a diagnostic mammogram.  Darn.

I'm not freaking out or anything.  But still, I would have preferred not to hear from them again until next December.
  • Options
    HeffalumpHeffalump member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2016
    mrsconn23 said:
    I'm listening to the Dear Prudie podcast because her guest is Anna Sale (from Death Sex Money) and she says 'um' A FUCKING LOT.   I've counted at least 10 in the 2.5 min I've been listening. 

She seems like she would be annoying to listen to.
  • Options
    @Heffalump  if there was an issue would they call it an diagnostic?
  • Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2016
    Heffalump said:
    Aaaaaaaand, I'm being called back in for a diagnostic mammogram.  Darn.

I'm not freaking out or anything.  But still, I would have preferred not to hear from them again until next December.
    VIBES!!! I hope it's nothing.  <3 

Heffalump said:
    mrsconn23 said:

She seems like she would be annoying to listen to.
    She seems to be Canadian.  I don't know...Her voice is just OK.  She seems a little awkward sounding to me.  

ETA: She's also very aggressive and kind of argumentative.  It's a weird dichotomy because Anna Sale is very soothing (NPR soothing) and measured, so hearing Ortberg want to force an argument with her is really odd. 
  • Options
    That's so odd @thefanciestbeckler, it just seems to impersonal. Why not just send a text? Was it the same Christmas card everyone received (like a photocard sent to everyone) or was it personalized? If it was a personal card and a note that might be better in my mind...
  • Options

Yeah, diagnostic is what they do if the first one (screening mammogram) turns up anything questionable (cyst, dense area, calcifications, etc.).  I'm thinking since it was my first one, they have nothing to compare it to, plus now that I officially have family history, they're probably being cautious.  Which is good!

DH is taking it better than I thought he would.  He thinks everyone has one foot in the grave as it is.  When his stepfather was diagnosed with throat cancer years ago, DH kept telling me things like "This is probably his last Christmas."  Nope, he made a full recovery and is better than ever.  I tell DH it's the Irish in him.  ;)
  • Options
    @charlotte989875 it was not personalized in any way. If it had been personalized I'd feel better about it. But it was just a generic card she sent to everyone. Something to the effect of "The best Christmas gifts don't come under the tree. Merry Christmas from our growing family: husbandsname, wifesname, dogsname, and baby arriving June 2017"

• Options
    Heffalump said:

Yeah, diagnostic is what they do if the first one (screening mammogram) turns up anything questionable (cyst, dense area, calcifications, etc.).  I'm thinking since it was my first one, they have nothing to compare it to, plus now that I officially have family history, they're probably being cautious.  Which is good!

DH is taking it better than I thought he would.  He thinks everyone has one foot in the grave as it is.  When his stepfather was diagnosed with throat cancer years ago, DH kept telling me things like "This is probably his last Christmas."  Nope, he made a full recovery and is better than ever.  I tell DH it's the Irish in him.  ;)
    OMG, so true!  They are definitely an, "Oh well I'm gonna die anyway." people. 

And sidenote, SIL and BIL bought me a gorgeous scarf when they went to Ireland, but I cannot wear it because it's so.fucking.scratchy.  

Irish, most comfortable with despair and discomfort. 
  • Options
    Oh yah @thefanciestbeckler I'd be super annoyed and hurt if a close friend sent me the same card she was sending to her second cousin she never talks to that announced her pregnancy. Not cool. I don't think you're wrong about feeling like that. 

Did she tell the other friend in person and tell them not to tell you? like I don't get why she thinks a Christmas card is a super fantastic way to tell someone. My sister facetimed me (repeatedly since I didn't answer the first time), so that she could tell me as close to in person as possible given that we don't live in the same state. 
  • Options
    Oh yah @thefanciestbeckler I'd be super annoyed and hurt if a close friend sent me the same card she was sending to her second cousin she never talks to that announced her pregnancy. Not cool. I don't think you're wrong about feeling like that. 

Did she tell the other friend in person and tell them not to tell you? like I don't get why she thinks a Christmas card is a super fantastic way to tell someone. My sister facetimed me (repeatedly since I didn't answer the first time), so that she could tell me as close to in person as possible given that we don't live in the same state. 
    Other friend lives in Connecticut and this friend lives in Alabama, so she probably told her over the phone. But yes she told her about the pregnancy and specifically told her not to tell me until I got the card. She's far enough along that she's finding out the gender next week. I just don't get it. It seems like she went to a lot of trouble to keep it from me when she could have just sent me a text. What's one more person knowing if it saves hurt feelings? It's not like I'd be spreading the word around. She hasn't lived here in years, so we don't even have the same circle of friends. The friends I see on the reg don't even know who she is. The whole thing is just bizarre. I'm trying to be happy for her but the more I think about it the harder of a time I'm having.

• Options
    So I just found out that the fatality accident that was by my house was our friend's 4-year old daughter. She was in the car with her mom heading to pick up her husband from work when mom was in a fender bender. As they were exchanging information, a truck came over the bridge, lost control, and slammed into their car. Mom is in critical condition in ICU and the little girl died on scene. Oklahoma drivers suck. 
  • Options
    That's awful, @DrillSergeantCat!  :(   
  • Options
    @thefanciestbeckler  run of the mill card? Damn I'd be pissed. At least if it was personalized it could be okay.

@DrillSergeantCat  oh that's awful :( Are the roads really bad in that area? :(