Chit Chat

What to serve for Xmas Eve?

2»

Re: What to serve for Xmas Eve?

• What is macaroni, tomato, and hamburger? I'm picturing hamburger helper?
    I guess somewhat but not quite.
    Boil macaroni, cook hamburger {not fully - but enough that it's not red}, put in over safe container and mix with tomatoe. Pretty simple and better than hamburger helper
    My mother called it mish-mosh, and the cafeteria workers at school called it Johnny Marzetti.
    Interesting names!
    Boil macaroni, cook hamburger {not fully - but enough that it's not red}, put in over safe container and mix with tomatoe. Pretty simple and better than hamburger helper
    My mother called it mish-mosh, and the cafeteria workers at school called it Johnny Marzetti.
    Interesting names!

SITB

I was never sure where the name Johnny Marzetti came from, but turns out it originated at Marzetti's Restaurant in Columbus, Ohio:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_Marzetti
    Interesting names!

SITB

I was never sure where the name Johnny Marzetti came from, but turns out it originated at Marzetti's Restaurant in Columbus, Ohio:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_Marzetti
    This had better not be huge ....

I make this too. But when I put it in the baking dish, I cover with cheese then bake. Yummy yummy! And SOOOOOO easy to make!

We had a work potluck today, and I had the most delicious thing my coworker made. Bacon wrapped water chestnuts! Wrap the chestnuts in bacon (uncooked) then bake at 375F for 50 mins. Take it out of the baking dish (to drain from the grease) and baste the tops with BBQ sauce. So good! A long cooking time, but simple prep.
  • SP29 said:
    What is macaroni, tomato, and hamburger? I'm picturing hamburger helper?
    I make this too. But when I put it in the baking dish, I cover with cheese then bake. Yummy yummy! And SOOOOOO easy to make!

We had a work potluck today, and I had the most delicious thing my coworker made. Bacon wrapped water chestnuts! Wrap the chestnuts in bacon (uncooked) then bake at 375F for 50 mins. Take it out of the baking dish (to drain from the grease) and baste the tops with BBQ sauce. So good! A long cooking time, but simple prep.
    I've heard of adding cheese but never done it before :) I may have to try that out ;)
  • Has anyone made pulled pork in a pressure cooker? We have an instant pot. Wondering if it would be more time effective since the mac & cheese only has to cook 1.5-2 hrs in the crockpot. 
    Never done it, but when I did a search, this recipe came up:

http://www.pressurecookingtoday.com/easy-pressure-cooker-pulled-pork/#respond