Wedding Woes

Tuesday

2»

Re: Tuesday

• @MissKittyDanger I'm a bit of an eyeshadow palette hoarder (I probably have 10 or more), but $65 is a little on the high end even for me, lol. It's pretty though!
    what brands do you normally get? I'm curious now ;)

I have a pretty wide variety. Urban Decay is my go to for pretty much everything when it comes to eyeshadow and eyeliner. I also have some TooFaced, Tarte, Lorac, Anastasia Beverly Hills, IT Cosmetics and Smashbox palettes. I usually wait til I have a lot of rewards points saved up at Ulta and use them on makeup :)

MissKittyDangerkimmiinthemitten
  • edited December 2016
    @thefanciestbeckler Ooh! For years there wasn't a Sephora, so MAC was my go to. I still have so much lol What do you wear on a daily?
    For me:
    brows - MAC "Omega" and NYX clear gel
    eyes - MAC Archie's Girls and Urban Decay Naked 3, Kat Von D tattoo liner, Maybelline mascara
    blush - either Benefit or Tarte
    bronzer - Tarte
    lips - I have been reaching for reds lately - so Hourglass, NARS or NYX
  • drglitter said:
    Absolutely nothing exciting going on here today.

Taking my niece and nephew to see either Moana or Trolls later (they haven't decided yet). I'm so glad my sister had kids so that I can have an excuse to go see children's movies whenever I want.
    M and I go to kids movies all the time because we're kids at heart lmao
    Saw "Lion King" when they remastered it {because Lion King is my fave} and at one point, some kid yells - in the dead silent theater - "No Mufasa, don't die!!"
    I legit turned to M going "please make them change the ending for this kid!"
    OurWildKingdomkimmiinthemittenshort+sassy
  • drglitter said:

Taking my niece and nephew to see either Moana or Trolls later (they haven't decided yet). I'm so glad my sister had kids so that I can have an excuse to go see children's movies whenever I want.
    Saw "Lion King" when they remastered it {because Lion King is my fave} and at one point, some kid yells - in the dead silent theater - "No Mufasa, don't die!!"
    H looked at me the other night while a trailer for Sing was on and said, "You want to go see that, don't you?" Umm...yes. Yes, I do. 
    MissKittyDangerOurWildKingdom
  • drglitter said:

H looked at me the other night while a trailer for Sing was on and said, "You want to go see that, don't you?" Umm...yes. Yes, I do. 
    It looks like such a cute movie!! I laugh at the Bears and Pigs headbanging :D 
  • @thefanciestbeckler Ooh! For years there wasn't a Sephora, so MAC was my go to. I still have so much lol What do you wear on a daily?
    For me:
    brows - MAC "Omega" and NYX clear gel
    eyes - MAC Archie's Girls and Urban Decay Naked 3, Kat Von D tattoo liner, Maybelline mascara
    blush - either Benefit or Tarte
    bronzer - Tarte
    lips - I have been reaching for reds lately - so Hourglass, NARS or NYX

I don't wear makeup every single day, but when I do:

Face: Bare Minerals Matte

Blush/Bronzer/Highlighter: UD Naked Flushed

Eyes: Whatever I feel like that day- But most frequently some combination of UD eyeshadow and always UD eyeliner. I have sensitive eyes and their eyeliner has never made my eyes itch. L'Oreal Voluminous False Fiber Lashes mascara (I just don't think expensive mascara ever tops drugstore!)

Brows: IT Cosmetics Build-A-Brow

Lips: Usually just chapstick for every day, but I have a whole bag full of lipstick that I like to bust out when I'm going places other than work. I have a lot of different brands ranging from Revlon to MAC lol

MissKittyDanger
  • @DrillSergeantCat YAY!!!!! That is awesome news!!!

DrillSergeantCat
  • @DrillSergeantCat  yayyy!!

@sparklepants41  also yayy!!

@thefanciestbeckler  depends. I had the Tarte mascara - small version - and really liked it. Maybelline is always my drugstore brand ;)
  • I realized this morning the extent of my gifts for Dh were- a sweatshirt he bought himself, a book he picked out, and a stupid thing to rest your phone on while it's charging. No stocking stuffers either. 

This mornign was quick shopping in Amazon to find a Miami shirt for $7 and a dash to kohls where I found a desktop punching bag for $12. Then marshalls for stocking stuffers. 

Im going to have to lock myself in the basement some night to wrap all of this shit. I also need to get Max's birthday presents put away so he can get more shit. 

I did manage to get my grocery shopping done for the weekend. I just need to pick up cantaloupe to put inside my prosciutto. 
  • @sparklepants41 I sense a Sparkle Party in the making.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-jN3vH26NQ
    OMG. I had only just gotten this out of my head from the last time it was posted  ;):p
    DrillSergeantCat
  • I talked to my mom and I have another update on my dad.  He had his dressing changed on Friday and at that time they were concerned that things were looking worse, but not it's better again.  They expect to be able to finally put a cast on the arm tomorrow, which would mean that they feel the risk of infection has passed and he can start the healing process.  (As it is they keep having to open it up again and again.)  It turns out he hurt his knee in the accident, too. Apparently it was hard to tell before because he was laying down literally always, but now that he could walk he is finding that he can't.  It most likely aggravated an old injury, so he's going to get that looked at as well when he is back at the doctor for the cast.
    kimmiinthemittenOliveOilsMomlyndausvishort+sassy
  • 6fsn said:
    Oh yeah. I need to make a gift certificate for a cat too.  M2 asked Santa for a cat.  I explained Santa can't do a live animal on the sleigh because it would scare the reindeer, BUT Santa can do a gift certificate. I'm feeling zero creativity so anyone want to make it?  

We used this last year when we gave Wooz a kitty for Christmas:

https://www.amazon.com/Adopt-Little-Kitten-Olivia-Cosneau/dp/1908164638/ref=sr_1_9?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1482257880&sr=1-9

Super adorable, and if you have Prime you can still get it in time.  I think Mrs. Conn ordered the T. rex version?  Which actually reminds me that maybe I should order one, too.

OurWildKingdomMissKittyDanger
  • T.Rex was not I.  :)  But may I should have considering we called my nephew "TRex" before he was born as an inside joke and his name does start with Tr.  :D 
    OurWildKingdom
  • We call Max TRex because he has little baby arms.  His head is so big and arms so short he can't touch his hands over his head.  I wish I had a video of him trying to do throw ins.

That book is adorable, but she's dead set on a gift card she can turn in.  I'm going to have to do some explaining to the shelter before we get there.
    MissKittyDangermrsconn23OliveOilsMom
  • edited December 2016
    Work has been so. freaking. slow. I wish I knew how to crochet, @DrillSergeantCat.

Housemate has been visiting friends on the opposite side of town and is coming home today - yay!

FW is supposed to come this afternoon to bring me cash and Starbucks - double yay!

Since we're not going to be with FMIL for the holidays, I put together a care package for her as part of our gift. We're sending chocolate coins, candles for her menorah, potato pancake mix, and a dreidel so she can teach FSD how to play.

Tonight after work, I'm sorting donations for our city's annual Homeless Stand Down. It's an annual opportunity for homeless folks to get winter clothing, medical care, referrals to social services, a hot meal, bus passes, personal hygiene items, and even free haircuts and chair massages -- all in one place. 

ETA: All of FSD's gifts arrived at FW's ex's house yesterday. We ended up getting her three outfits plus an extra shirt, two books, and some stocking stuffers (thanks for all the awesome suggestions, Knotties!).
    6fsnOliveOilsMom
  • 6fsn said:
    We call Max TRex because he has little baby arms.  His head is so big and arms so short he can't touch his hands over his head.  I wish I had a video of him trying to do throw ins.

That book is adorable, but she's dead set on a gift card she can turn in.  I'm going to have to do some explaining to the shelter before we get there.
    I'm sure the shelter will get it :)
    OurWildKingdom
  • Work has been so. freaking. slow. I wish I knew how to crochet, @DrillSergeantCat.

Housemate has been visiting friends on the opposite side of town and is coming home today - yay!

FW is supposed to come this afternoon to bring me cash and Starbucks - double yay!

Since we're not going to be with FMIL for the holidays, I put together a care package for her as part of our gift. We're sending chocolate coins, candles for her menorah, potato pancake mix, and a dreidel so she can teach FSD how to play.

Tonight after work, I'm sorting donations for our city's annual Homeless Stand Down. It's an annual opportunity for homeless folks to get winter clothing, medical care, referrals to social services, a hot meal, bus passes, personal hygiene items, and even free haircuts and chair massages -- all in one place. 

ETA: All of FSD's gifts arrived at FW's ex's house yesterday. We ended up getting her three outfits plus an extra shirt, two books, and some stocking stuffers (thanks for all the awesome suggestions, Knotties!).
    I taught myself by watching videos. Newstitchaday.com is my go-to.
    OurWildKingdom
  • @sparklepants41 one must never forget German Sparkle Party!
    sparklepants41MissKittyDanger
  • The vaccine trip at lunch was a bust.  Get to the CVS and there is one person waiting for the doctor (?).  Cool, except when you go to check it, it shows everyone that's ahead of you and right after that one person is an hour lunch scheduled.  Why isn't the lunch a set time each day and placed on the website?  I would have had to wait an hour and half plus, so I left.  Will try again another day.  I don't begrudge the person a lunch, but a set time each day would be helpful to everyone!  Employees and Patients alike!

I also struck out in trying to set up baby classes with the hospital.  I put in the payment info, but the payment wouldn't process, so I gave up on that too!

At least there were cookies at the office today!  1 hour until I go home!

• edited December 2016
    I tried to pay the parking meter today at the venue, and kept getting a notification that said "authorization offline".  ETA so of course I got a ticket.  I need to either appeal or pay within 7 days, and I can't do either because my ticket isn't in the system yet - and I'm about to go to Mexico for 8 days.  I'm so frustrated!
  • I tried to pay the parking meter today at the venue, and kept getting a notification that said "authorization offline".  ETA so of course I got a ticket.  I need to either appeal or pay within 7 days, and I can't do either because my ticket isn't in the system yet - and I'm about to go to Mexico for 8 days.  I'm so frustrated!
    Call them and explain. As long as you pay eventually, they'll give you more time.

Signed, Someone with lots of experience with parking tickets 
    kimmiinthemitten
  • I tried to pay the parking meter today at the venue, and kept getting a notification that said "authorization offline".  ETA so of course I got a ticket.  I need to either appeal or pay within 7 days, and I can't do either because my ticket isn't in the system yet - and I'm about to go to Mexico for 8 days.  I'm so frustrated!
    Call them and explain. As long as you pay eventually, they'll give you more time.

Signed, Someone with lots of experience with parking tickets 

One of my coworkers has a hilarious parking meter story.  This was years ago at a different job.  He parked his car on the usual street he always parked his car.  It was across the street from his office.  There were no parking meters on that street.

One day, he gets off work, to see that the city had added parking meters to that entire street in one day.  And he had a ticket!  He was like, "Oh, hell no!"  He successfully fought the ticket, but did have to force them to look up that "Yes, the parking meters were installed on the same day he got the ticket."

Good luck with that ticket, @kimmiinthemitten.  But, more importantly, have a great time in Cancun!!!

I've had a much busier day than usual at work.  Lame.  It's frustrating I spend most days twiddling my thumbs and but then have other days with more work than I know what to do with.  There isn't even any rhyme or reason to it, so I don't understand why it can't be more evened out.

All the talk about make-up, I've just never been that girl.  Not sure why, other than I am NOT a morning person and that would be just one more thing to do in the morning.  I should wear mascara all the time.  The ends of my lashes are blond, so they always look super short.  Sometimes I wear lipstick.  That's about the extent of it.

I might have to reassess all of that if I end up becoming a real estate agent.  Like, actually looking "put together" and polished.  The horror, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    kimmiinthemitten
  • I was actually towed the same day as a surprise party for me over parking tickets. You used to be able to have 6 tickets safely, it changed to 3 unbeknownst to me. FI took me to dinner to distract me while the party was set up, we forgot to go back and add more money and when we left the restaurant my car was gone!  

We had to call for a ride to my own party from the police station.
  • FI got a BS parking ticket late Saturday night/in the wee hours of Sunday morning.  We were awake really late at our party so we saw the plow come and clear the night plow route.  (You need to keep vehicles off north-south streets until they are plowed overnight, and then you have to move vehicles off east-west streets for day plowing starting at 9 AM.)  After the plow came he immediately moved his truck to the cleared road.  Apparently transit cops thought he had left it there the whole time.  Not sure how one would even fight that, since it's entirely he said/she said.