New York-Long Island

Budget Friendly Long Island Bridal Shower

Any suggestions for nice, but different, bridal shower locations that aren't too hard on the wallet?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Budget Friendly Long Island Bridal Shower

• Tess0307Tess0307 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2012
    Any suggestions for nice, but different, bridal shower locations that aren't too hard on the wallet?

Thanks in advance!
  • HobokensFuryHobokensFury member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2012
    Try posting this on your local board.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My shower was held in my parents' backyard.  I think the entire thing, including table and chair rentals, a tent rental, decor, and food for the 35 or so guests, cost my mom around $1200 or so.  What's going to make it unique is the people who are there to celebrate with you and the fact that it's yours.  You don't need a location to make a shower "special."

Also, "unique" is pretty rare on Long Island - most places are clones of other places - so when you do stumble across the occasional "unique" location, it generally costs an arm and a leg.
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • We used John Harvards in Lake Grove. Loved it. Casual but still out! :) Awesome food!!
  • when my mom and MOH asked what I wanted the only thing i said was 'not in a restaurant mid-day like every other shower is'.
    we threw around the idea of a dinner shower, etc.. and ultimately had it in my grandma's back yard. it was perfect. some catered food, a champagne and wine bar, people could stay as long as they want etc...

• I had mine at Patty's Loft in Massapequa. Very relaxed, great food and drink and from what I know was reasonable.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards