Wedding Woes

Friday?

Morning!

Major kudos to @DrillSergeantCat for posting Prudie in @mrsconn23's absence.

I'm at work. I think there's a total of 5 of us here. It's very quiet. I'm hoping the boss man will let us go early.

Tonight I'm going to see my best friend and meet her baby for the first time! He's almost 4 months old now. She and her H come in town from Connecticut every year to visit family for the holidays.

Looks like DH will be coming in town tomorrow to help me entertain his family. Other than that, I'm expecting a pretty uneventful weekend.

What's up with everyone else?

Re: Friday?

• Yes, thanks to @DrillSergeantCat.  Though I have to admit, a little part of me died when I saw the posts b/c I was like, OMG IT'S ONLY THURSDAY?!?!

Getting ready to do a lot of nothing this weekend.  The NYE party is it.  I'm sitting on my butt for 3 days as much as possible.  Maybe I'll finally beat this damn cold.
  • VarunaTT said:
    Yes, thanks to @DrillSergeantCat.  Though I have to admit, a little part of me died when I saw the posts b/c I was like, OMG IT'S ONLY THURSDAY?!?!

Getting ready to do a lot of nothing this weekend.  The NYE party is it.  I'm sitting on my butt for 3 days as much as possible.  Maybe I'll finally beat this damn cold.
    I was sitting here excited that it's Friday and then it hit me...no Prudie yesterday.
  • edited December 2016
    Getting a little work done then heading to the inlaws for dinner. Back here tomorrow for our big New Year's Eve plans of Star Wars (the originals) lobster and filet. And champagne. 
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2016
    I'm here-ish.  ;)  It's been a great week off.  Very lazy for the most part.  I got some cleaning and purging done.  I have watched so much DIY/HGTV this week.  I am full of ideas and want to do all.the.things to our house now.  ;) 

I did meet up with a friend yesterday and went to the Children's Museum with our kids.  It was a fuh-reaking zoo.  I'm not cut out for Christmas break there because people suck and their kids are even worse. However, I slept like a rock last night. 

DH will *not* have to work tomorrow night, unless something catastrophic happens.  And they *might* get finished up today and he won't have to go in tonight either (fingers crossed).  I'm still hoping he'll be amenable to staying home tomorrow night.  (We chatted last night and I explained how I'm tapped out on parties/family/leaving the house, and he seemed to understand, but we'll see.)  
  • I'm here! Half day today, so trying to do as little as possible in the next 2hrs yet still be semi-productive.

Yesterday I was off, so M and I went to see "Assassin's Creed" - uhm Michael Fassbender is an attractive male and has a fight scene topless and in tight pants AND THEN HE WEARS THE ASSASSIN'S JACKET! So much hotter!
  • @MissKittyDanger K has an assassin's jacket she wears for numbers.  It's my favorite.  :)

Now I must see this movie.  
  • @VarunaTT  urg i love them. I said to M after the movie "How is Michael Fassbender hotter with the Assassin's jacket?"
    M: I get it. you think he's hot ...
  • @TheFanciestbeckler I'm glad H will be there with you!  You'll have to update us on what happens at the visit.

No NYE plans as of yet.  BFF was also out of town until yesterday, so we're trying to figure something out.  @mrsconn23 I'm the opposite of you.  We've been at an all inclusive for 8 days so I want to go out and be amongst the people and H wants to stay home.  His motivation is to be well rested for the 8pm Lions game on NYD, but neither of us work on the 2nd so why does it matter?

Yesterday I spent all day - literally 11am-5pm - changing my name.  Even though I have a flexible schedule, I did just take 12 days off this month, so I don't want to take a day in January to do it.  I spent 2 hours at Social Security for what was a 5 minute thing.  Then I get to the Secretary of State (our DMV) and the line was 3 hours long.  Thankfully you can check in by phone, so I went grocery shopping, got some lunch and came back.  Lo and behold, at 4:00 suddenly the staff doubles and the 86 minute wait time I had per their estimate became 26 minutes.  I get it, they need office people too, but seriously, people spent 3 plus hours sitting there waiting and had they just come at 4, it could have been done in 1-1.5 hours. But it's official - I'm a hyphenated broad now.