Wedding Woes
Options

Monday!

How was the weekend?

Ours was pretty good.  Friday, DH and I went to the store and had a super late dinner.  

Saturday, I worked.  We had friends over to watch the playoffs and had a great time. 

Sunday, I did a little bit of OT and then spent the rest of the day watching TV and coloring.  It was glorious. 

Re: Monday!

• Options
    I have a serious case of the Mondays.  Our weekend was enjoyable, and I do not want to be at work today.  

We didn't get much of the 4-7"+ that was originally predicted (ended up with <1" of snow, enough freezing rain/ice to coat the trees and bushes in a lovely slick mess), so that was both a relief and a disappointment.  I have pics of the pups in the snow, but I'll have to post them later because my phone is eating it again.  Twiggy took to it like a champ, discovering the youthful joys of eating snow, and Hiccup frolicked and rolled.

When I got my oil changed on Friday, the guy at the auto place laughed at me because I had so many gallons of water.  He was like, "Why?  The power goes out for like a hot second here."  I didn't bother explaining "Well water"  "New to the area" "Better safe than sorry" because it wasn't really his business, and sorrynotsorry but experience has taught me that being unprepared and without power in any season is sucky, no matter how reliable you think your grid is.   All I said was, "I always buy 9 gallons of water on Fridays."

DH says I take things too personally.  I think people just need to mind their own.

Today we are supposed to get our first Hello Fresh delivery.  I wasn't thrilled with the recipes for the week, but figured we'd give it a go.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Options

We got snow on Friday night and it stuck around through most of Saturday.  It stopped around 4:30 on Saturday.  So H & I stayed in on Saturday morning and early afternoon.  We ended up with about 6 inches of snow, thereabouts.  We did pick up MIL and her friend and go to 4 Church.  I think there were about 40 people total!  The priest did a shorter homily and they didn't sing as much as usual, so we got out pretty quick. 

H & MIL still had their Elvis impersonator show to go to and started over there after Church.  I went back home and had a delicious box of Kraft mac n cheese, without the judgment from H!  LOL!  I watched the majority of the Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds documentary on HBO.  I got cozy under a blanket and I did fall asleep off and on, but I think I caught the majority of it.  It was really good and a bit heartbreaking too.  To see how fragile Debbie had gotten and how worried Carrie was for her.  If really seemed like Debbie was holding on for Carrie.

Sunday, was supposed to be an impromptu visit to a friend up in North Jersey, but my other friend (who was to drive) started to get the stomach flu symptoms on Saturday night.  So the visit was cancelled.  She's got the full blown stomach flu now, along with her baby.  So I'm glad she recognized the symptoms and cancelled.

Today I have a doctor's appointment as they begin every 2 weeks.  And I forgot to pee in my cup this morning! :s  I have to ask about my anemia bloodwork because they never called with my results.  I even called and left a message on Thursday asking for results!  I know they usually only call with bad news, but I would feel much better if I knew good or bad news.

We will go out to dinner after the doctor's appointment.  Probably a burger chain that we enjoy, Jake's Wayback - for those who have them near you.  They are pretty good!  But maybe we will also try the new diner that's nearby. 

• Options
    I went to the studio each day this weekend for a workout (Friday - barre; Saturday - circuit training; and Sunday - Pilates).  

Saturday I volunteered at the pet food pantry and then had dinner with a friend.  Sunday was a pretty lazy day.

This morning was hell.  Old Dog pooped in the bed this morning.  I got to work and my lot was full of cars without permits.  UGH.  I just want to go back to bed (but I can't because I have to work and because Old Dog crapped in the bed).

• Options

Morning!

I did nothing all weekend long. We got about an inch of snow on Friday night, and it stayed in the teens and low 20's all weekend. I literally could not get out of my house. My driveway is really steep, and it's sloped down from the road to the garage. The sun melted a lot of the snow on the roads on Saturday, but there's one spot on my driveway that stays in the shade all day. It was an ice skating rink. Good thing I had food :) although I would have stocked up on some wine if I'd known I wouldn't be able to leave. I finally went outside late yesterday afternoon and poured a bunch of table salt on the ice. Lol. I guess it worked since I made it out this morning.

DH ended up with some sort of stomach virus over the weekend. Things like that make me happy that he isn't here all the time to share with me :)

Other than that, SSDD. Already looking forward to 5 o'clock.

• Options
    I'm back!
    Thanks for vibes for my post :)

NYE M and I did sushi dinner and saw Rogue One {so good!} then went to our friends' place for the countdown.

So recap on what happened {it's a novel - sorry!}
    Woke up on Monday {Jan 2nd} with bad migraine. All muscle tension. Tried to take a bath to relax it, but didn't work. M had to go out later, so I had him pick up Tylenol Muscle & Body. Took some and slept. I really needed this to go away because we had plans to see M's mum and stepdad and his grandparents were there.

Goes away enough to be functioning. Yay! Felt nauseous but assumed it was from migraine.

Went, ate, started feeling even more sick. Also muscle tension was coming back. Tried chewing mint gum because that usually works.
    When M and I left, I told M that if I say pull over to do just that. Made it home, started pain in side {lower abdomen}
    Sick a few times, pain gets worse. I tried to go to bed but didn't work so just sat on couch whining. M asks if I wanna visit the hospital. Blatantly told him I will never say yes. {"What if you're in labour?" "I will still say no."}

9:30pm we get ready and go to emerg. It was busy, so we didn't get to back room for a few hours.
    I didn't wanna drink anything because I kept getting sick, so I was dehydrated. Nurse attempts i.v in left hand. Nope! Right arm gets i.v and blood is slow. They tell me to have water but slowly. I gag a few times while they're trying to do i.v, and M tells them that is why I haven't had water.

More waiting.

Finally see dr - it's about 4am now - and she has point out sore part. Pokes around except there. Presses slightly on area - OW! Has to do a pelvic exam to rule out ovarian cysts. Quickly done because ovaries are lower.
    Dr basically says she figures it is appendix but I need to do ultrasound. Need pain meds before that.

Hour and half of saline solution and pain meds, ultrasound appt is at 9am {*sigh*}
    Good thing for pain meds ... the ultrasound tech can't find right ovary so have to do pelvic ultrasound {awkward ...} It's fine, she just needed photo.
    In order to see appendix area, they have to press - or dig really - into my sore spot.
    Tech has to get radiologist to come see. He also digs into area. They feel bad because they know it hurts really bad. I basically lie there in tears. I'm so done with all this.
    They can't see appendix {apparently normal} but see areas around there that are inflamed - which is common with appendicitis. They send request for CT scan to get better look.
    I go and sit in hall with M in tears. I'm sore. I'm tired. I'm uncomfortable. I have been awake for 24hrs without even small nap.

CT scan done. Waiting on blood work and results.
    Dr comes over and tells me - good news, not appendix. Bad news, it's diverticulitis.
    Seeds could put me back in hospital and it's basically an infection in small intestine. All very similar to appendicitis, and only defining factor was ct scan.

Put on meds for 10 days and bed rest for rest of week.
    Back at work today and I realized why I was on bed rest, bumps hurt!
  • Options
    It was Snowmageddon here on Saturday, so I have a snow day today. I'm really hoping we have another one tomorrow so I can get shit done around here. Still haven't taken our tree down! 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    OH, and today's mission, whether I accept it or not, (although if I fail, it'll continue tomorrow), get a doggie pee sample.
    WHEE
  • Options
    Wooz's school had a two hour delay here.  Which defies logic--I told DH I've seen the streets in worse condition after a heavy September rain.  This morning, it was frigid (24 on the drive in), but the streets were clear and bone dry.  I dropped DS, and then dropped Wooz, and her car line was out of the driveway into the road.  But everyone is where they should be now.  Including me. (Sigh.)

A car ran off the road in front of us on the drive home Friday, which was surprising, because at that point it was still just rain and nothing had frozen.  But that road is curvy, and I'm guessing he took it too fast.  Debated taking DS to swim on Saturday--we got barely more than a dusting of snow, and swim was open, so we went for it.  We made it there fine, but saw two cars in the ditch on the way back.  Stayed in the rest of the day until everything melted and DS went out for sushi.  Made birdhouses with the kids Saturday, and they turned out pretty well.  (DS and I did the marshmallows yesterday, while Wooz was at a neighbor's.)

Work today and tomorrow, hospital Wednesday.  My mom will most likely either be released Thursday or Friday, depending on how she's doing, so I cleared my schedule for the rest of the week.

DH has officially been approved for TSA Global Entry, and just has to do the interview.  The soonest he could get is sometime in March, so it's a good thing he applied early.  My passport is in the mail for renewal.  We're taking the kids in person this Saturday.  So far, so good.   
  • Options
    First day of the semester, and (fingers crossed this lasts) my first class was pretty good. They seemed excited to be there, and everyone stayed awake so I'm calling that a win!

Weekend was good, we finally took down the Christmas tree and lights, so my house is getting back to normal. H was super pumped about the Steelers win. 

I'm heading to NOLA on Wednesday for a conference all weekend. Any recommendations on great food? 
  • Options
    First day of the semester, and (fingers crossed this lasts) my first class was pretty good. They seemed excited to be there, and everyone stayed awake so I'm calling that a win!

Weekend was good, we finally took down the Christmas tree and lights, so my house is getting back to normal. H was super pumped about the Steelers win. 

I'm heading to NOLA on Wednesday for a conference all weekend. Any recommendations on great food? 
    All of it.

Now, I haven't been back to NOLA since '09, but one of my favorite places was K-Paul's.  I seem to recall Commander's Palace was good, too.  And Arnaud's.  And Pat O's.  Get some Abita while you're there (local beer).

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Options

All of it.

Now, I haven't been back to NOLA since '09, but one of my favorite places was K-Paul's.  I seem to recall Commander's Palace was good, too.  And Arnaud's.  And Pat O's.  Get some Abita while you're there (local beer).
    I love Abita!  Hands down the best strawberry beer I've ever had.
  • Options

@MissKittyDanger, thanks for the update.  I'm glad you are at least back up and around.  What an ordeal!!!  Especially at the hospital.  Nothing worse than when you're already feeling bad, you're already in pain...and have to spend never ending hours of time at a really uncomfortable place, like a hospital.  I hope you have a quick and full recovery.

Did a Sam's Club run on Saturday.  Some good stocking up and yummy meals planned for the coming week.  I'm also addicted to Monster Ultra, Sunrise (orange) is my favorite. They came out with a new Violet flavor (grape) that is currently only being sold at Sam's.  They had samples out!  Yes!  I was very curious to try it.  It's nice.  Much lighter taste than a typical grape soda.  But Sunrise is still my fave, so I didn't buy it.  Unfortunately, they didn't have the Sunrise, so now I have to make a second trip to a different Sam's sometime this week.  Lame.

I've been feeling really motivated lately.  It's a strange sensation, lol.  I'm trying to do as much as I can of stuff I normally put off before the doldrums and sense of hopelessness returns.

I already have a list of places I'm sending my resume/cover letter to today.

I don't think I ever gave this update, but I spoke to a real estate agency about becoming an agent.  Sadly, I wasn't feeling great about it.  The person I spoke to said it could be 4-6 months before I saw my first commissions.  That's a LONG time to be working for no money.  Sure, it could happen sooner, but that took the wind out of my sails.  I'm still going to pursue my license because I could see maybe liking a part-time job as a realtor assistant.

Bottom line, though, I want a more typical f/t office job, like the one I have now.  Well, "want" is a strong word, lol.  Though hopefully with more job security and money.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    The weekend was fine.  Today is cluster though.

6let has been having a hard time hearing.  It's at the point that DH was sitting on the couch and asked him if it was one year or both and 6let replied "I read a book this morning."  He had an 8:40 appointment.  He's got so much fluid behind his ears his ear drums aren't moving at all.  He failed the hearing test in both ears.  He's got 4 wks of once a day Flonase and a follow up with ENT.

Max was supposed to have an 11 am well child, but she went head and squeezed him in.  Yay!  Max is perfectly healthy and took his shots like a champ.  The pedi also told me I looked great and asked what I was doing!

Got 6let to school and headed to Kroger for his meds (oh and my meds for a yeast infection) and also ended up buying 3 pairs of shoes.  Oops.

Now I've got a TON of work to do.  A slew of resumes came in and my boss' elliptical isn't working and he needs jokes for the pinewood derby.  I also need to prep for class tonight.  I don't want to do any of it though.

My dad is getting here are 2:30.  I have to leave at 3:30 to get 6let from school and take him and Max to class.  DH is picking 6let up at 5:45 to take him to a 6:22 (not a typo) soccer game.  he'll eat dinner on the way.  They should be home around 8.  I'll be teaching until 6 then Max and I will get home about 6:30 and eat.  My dad is getting M2 off the bus at 4, feeding her dinner and taking her to gymnastics at 5:30.  They should be back by 7:30. 

I need more coffee.

• Options
    This weekend I finally organized/cleaned my desk out of old paperwork that I no longer needed.  K finally organized all of her crafts and we fixed the one shelf I put together wrong.  We can move about the apartment freely!

Then, oh joy of joys, my favorite meal planning/shopping list website started doing weekly meal plans again!  Whoot!  I had missed it and hadn't found a replacement I liked better.  So, we went grocery shopping and stocked up.  This makes me happy b/c living downtown it's way to easy to go out to eat, I was tired of restaurant food, and it was hurting both my checkbook and my waistline.  

I made sure to rest as much as i could, which meant I went to be at 9pm both weekend nights, woke up at 1:30 am and was up to 3 am, and went back to bed.  This is not an acceptable sleeping schedule, but I'm feeling much better.  So, if this is what it takes to make my body finally shove off whatever this cough/cold thing is, I'll make it work.

Work is about to kill me.  I'm cleaning up "someone else's messes" round 2.  
  • Options
    @MissKittyDanger We must have posted at the same time because I didn't see your update.  What a long, awful day.  I'm glad you're feeling better.

Does this mean you need to change up your diet moving forward or are you in the clear once the infection clears?
  • Options

All of it.

I love Abita!  Hands down the best strawberry beer I've ever had.
    It might actually be starting to roll out soon, too!  The Mardi Gras Bock and Pecan are my favorites, and they have an awesome Grapefruit IPA, too.  @charlotte989875, go see the brewery if you have some time.  It's in Abita Springs, which is north of NOLA, but it's worth the trip if you can make it.

--Philip Pullman

• Options
    @MissKittyDanger That sounds like such an awful ordeal! I hope you have a smooth and quick recovery.

We got 20" of snow Saturday afternoon and into the wee hours of Sunday morning. A perk of being pregnant is that I did not have to help with any of the shoveling/snow blowing (luckily for H it was just the light & fluffy stuff). Once H cleared out my car I went to the store for lasagna ingredients and made meat lasagna and garlic bread - plus a super yummy salad with roasted parsnips and hazelnuts for dinner. We also got Jason Bourne on RedBox and watched it yesterday afternoon while the sauce simmered. We both really enjoyed the movie.

Today I am in an irritable/impatient mood for no reason (damn hormones) and I have zero motivation to do anything other than take a nap (which I can't do because I am at work - so another reason to be irritated lol).
  • Options
    @OliveOilsMom we had the exact opposite church problem.  They had to open the doors to the narthex and set up another 10 rows of chairs and I can't figure out why.  There were easily 1,000+ there. 
  • Options
    @MissKittyDanger We must have posted at the same time because I didn't see your update.  What a long, awful day.  I'm glad you're feeling better.

Does this mean you need to change up your diet moving forward or are you in the clear once the infection clears?
    We must have!
    Long day is right. Up for 36hrs, at hospital for 16hrs -.-' I get very emotional when tired.

It does sadly mean diet changes :( Since seeds seem to be a catalyst, I have to take them out of my diet. {No strawberries, tomatoes, everything bagels .... *sigh*}
    I may have found a loop hole, I had pickles recently with no issues. So that's awesome.
    M makes a really good penne pasta, but it has tomatoes. I have told him I will suffer if he makes it because I refuse to give it up! ;) He's very cranky about this, but I will ware him down eventually.
  • Options
    My NOLA recommendations not already mentioned are some beignets at Café du Monde.  And Emeril's NOLA.  If up for a ride, Jac Imo's is great for dinner!  We took a trolley through the garden district and walked the couple of blocks to the restaurant - very easy!  I'm not sure what section of the city it's considered, but it was past the colleges and zoo.
  • Options
    @sparklepants41  I'm on meds to clear up what's there, but as I mentioned to @kimmiinthemitten  I've gotta change diet to avoid this again :(
  • Options
    I realized that if I didn't like my MIL, I would be more willing to tell her that the food I had on Monday night was the catalyst to my issues lmfao!!

That being said, she does not know that could be what caused it. We don't want her feeling bad lol
  • Options
    @Heffalump  thanks! And I think she's got stomach pains. Look at that stare! That's the "if I don't move, and do this, it doesn't hurt" lol
  • Options
    Heffalump said:

@ everyone here, I really want to know the thought process behind this pose:

Picture of Fawn Net

Bigger: http://www.tenadurrani.com/fawn-net
    It looks like she's doing the "I must, I must, I must increase my bust" arm pump.
  • Options
    I realized that if I didn't like my MIL, I would be more willing to tell her that the food I had on Monday night was the catalyst to my issues lmfao!!

That being said, she does not know that could be what caused it. We don't want her feeling bad lol

You might need to mention it before you eat there again though.  So she won't get you sick again.