New York-Long Island

Tommy Tunes Questions

Hi all! I am getting married on August 10th 2012. I have been doing some research on DJ's. My sister used Tommy Tunes 6 years ago and everyone loved them. I went to meet with them in the Syosset office and I liked them too. However, I was wondering how flexible they are with pricing. I hear that they match other offers and often throw stuff in so maybe it was just who we spoke to that didn't seem o flexible. My sister is not in their online data base and ofcourse can not find her paperwork! I was looking to get ther package that included the flat screens and zap shots. Did anyone use them and have advice or pricing that they can share? I just want the most for my $ as I'm sure everyone else can agree. I also wanted to add lighting. I am getting married at Carlyle on the Green and am unsure of what lighting to add. Thank you so much to all my fellow brides. Any and all advice/help will be greatly appreciated!

Nicole

Re: Tommy Tunes Questions

• edited December 2011
    I haven't booked a DJ for my own wedding yet, but my good friend just got married this past weekend and used Tommy Tunes, and they were fantastic - everyone danced the whole time ,and they weren't overly intrusive the way some DJs are.  As for Carlyle on the Green and lighting, I went to a wedding there last year and they used purple lighting (purple was the wedding color) and it was absolutely beautiful - I'd say any kind of warm lighting (pinks, purples, oranges etc.) would be really nice there.
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • plumtwistplumtwist member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My step dad has used Tommy Tunes exclusively for events for 10+ years; I have been to 3 parties done by them, and they were spectacular!  I've already booked them for my wedding!  :o)  As far as pricing, they did throw in a few things (like a prop package, a little extra time), but in all honesty, they are worth every penny.  They really go above and beyond... they actually offered to make a custom scroll monogram for the dance floor to fit my wedding's theme, for the simple fact that advanced designs are one of the new things they're able to do!  Speak to Thomas M, if you didn't talk to him already.
  • edited December 2011
    As a local wedding photographer (and bride to be in 2 weeks), I can tell you, I have worked with Tommy Tunes and they are nothing short of professional and great to work with. GO FOR IT!!!
  • nlangdonnlangdon member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awesome thanks! What MC did you book?
  • edited December 2011
    all of the MC's are top notch. So, I would not worry about getting it down to one of them. I sent you a PM.
  • edited December 2011
    We just booked Tommy's for our wedding. Heard them at a showcase and loved them. They were far better then any other DJ's we heard - they're pricing was also really reasonable. I would have paid more then we did for their services - they're worth it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards