Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Would my rings look weird?

Hi fellow Knotties!

I have a bit of a dilemma on choosing a wedding band style. My engagement ring is a 1.5 carat marquise cut diamond on a 2mm diamond pave band (see link). Part of my wants to get the matching band ($$$$) while the other part of me thinks that a plain band is not only more practical but a fraction of the cost. Would a plain band look weird with an engagement ring that has a diamond band??

Thank you!!

https://www.ritani.com/engagement-rings/micropave-diamond-band-engagement-ring-with-milgrain-finish-in-platinum/12050

Re: Would my rings look weird?

• Options
    I have a plain band with an elaborate engagement ring and wrap ring combination.  I like it very much, and it is convenient to leave my diamond rings in the safe if I am going to the beach, or to an iffy neighborhood while traveling.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    Do you have a picture of the ring with the matching g band?
  • Options
    I think a plain band would let your e-ring stand out nicely. 
  • Options
    I think a plain band would look great- agreed- it'll make your e-ring stand out.

I think as long as the band has a similar shape (i.e. round vs. squared corners) to your e-ring band, it'll look just fine.
  • Options
    Saralsdunn did you notice on the site there is a link for bridal sets? This has examples of your ring with a plain band and with diamond bands. 
  • Options

I think a simple band would look lovely.  Also you have the option (like CMG pointed out) to wear the big fancy diamonds for a special night out and then just a more simple band for everyday tasks. 

I used to wear both of my rings daily, but about a year after our wedding I started doing a lot more work with my hands and found the e-ring too cumbersome for daily wear, but was glad to have a very basic wedding band that I could keep on with minimal interference.

• Options

I think a simple band would look lovely.  Also you have the option (like CMG pointed out) to wear the big fancy diamonds for a special night out and then just a more simple band for everyday tasks. 

I used to wear both of my rings daily, but about a year after our wedding I started doing a lot more work with my hands and found the e-ring too cumbersome for daily wear, but was glad to have a very basic wedding band that I could keep on with minimal interference.

Same. I work in a hospital, and though I initially wore my e-ring to work, it would get caught on gloves and I noticed the hand sanitizer left build up in the setting. My centre stone also came loose after a year! (Hasn't happened since). I also do a few different sport activities. It is nice to have a simple band you aren't worried about damaging the setting or losing a stone and can clean easily.

But, depends on the person. My dad's wife works in an office, doesn't do much sport, and she loves her diamonds. Her e-ring and band have diamonds along the band, and she wouldn't have it any other way.