Moms and Maids
Options

XpMOG

edited January 2017 in Moms and Maids
After talking, things are good. thanks

Re: XpMOG

• Options
    I replied to this post on Wedding Woes. Please put XP in your title if you're cross posting to multiple boards. Thank.
  • Options
    CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2017
    I don't usually participate in forums but I just don't know what else to do. I thought, dreamed and hoped my relationship with my future mother in law would be a good one. However, at this point I can't wait for this wedding to be over due to the things she's said and done. At the beginning of our engagement we had fun and I invited her to a bridal show and gave her projects. However those projects were not completed in a timely manner (waiting 10 months to hear back about a honeymoon option and over 4 months to get me her list, which made the save the dates late). Things got rough in the fall. I invited her to several things (dress shopping, seeing the venue). She was always busy. Then one of the family members got sick. I gave her space to cope. However she comes back at me 2 months later( but not to me, through my fiance) and says I didnt send save the dates to some family members(she never gave me their address but she makes a big deal and of course its my fault), starts inviting people not on our list, complains we already booked our honeymoon (she wanted to help but we waited for 10 months, and no response and we are limited on time) wondering why she wasn't included in picking out invitations( she was out of town and with a sick family member, decision had to be made). The biggest issue is she won't talk or call me but goes through my fiance. I've tried to reach out to figure out what the problem is but no response or says nothing is wrong, and she wants my fiancé to talk to me. I am at the point of wanting to cancel or just count down the days until its over. 
    What should I do??! Please help
    Your FMIL has made it clear that she is not interested in participating in your wedding planning.  Please understand this and leave her alone.  If she wants you to know something, she will tell her son to tell you.

Your FMIL is not required to participate in your wedding.  It is not a job.  She is not paid.  It is fine that you invited her to do some wedding shopping, but when she declined, you should have simply accepted that.

She may not really like you.  She doesn't have to like her FDIL.  She is only required to be polite, and it sounds like she has done this.  She may warm up to you later.  Give her a chance.  You may need her to babysit your kids someday.

The invitations thing is different.  Your FI needs to handle this, not you.  He needs to tell her that she may not verbally invite anyone, but send their names and addresses to him.

My MIL was horrified that her son was marrying me, the daughter of her college enemy (6 years before we were born).  She did everything she could think of to stop the wedding, and she made a scene at the reception.  After I gave her the first granddaughter, she turned around completely, and kept commenting how I was nothing like my mother.  (I'm not!)  Glad I held my temper and didn't make any trouble.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    After talking, things are good. thanks
    It is also super rude to change your original post.  You posted on so many boards, we all know you original question, and once you are quoted, that questions stays here forever. 
    If you want to thank us, do it on a final post.  Do not revise your original.
    I hope in your next posting effort, you will use better internet etiquette.  We are always glad to help polite people.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg