Flowers

Hoping for help with choosing flowers!

hi, everyone! I'm having a spring wedding and I am having such a hard time making a list of flowers that will look great together for centerpieces and bouquets. 
My colors are Marsala (sort of a wine color), blush, and cream with rose gold accents. I love roses, peonies, and baby's breath. 
Anyone have any ideas of other flowers that I can arrange together? If you've had a similar wedding color palette, feel free to send photos of what you did! I would love to see some inspiration! 
Thanks in advance ❤

Re: Hoping for help with choosing flowers!

• We are doing it ourselves. Although sometimes it is cheaper to hire flourists, we found it was cheaper to arrange them ourselves after getting estimates from local flourists. 
  • Thank you very much!
  • It may SEEM cheaper to DIY instead of hire the florist, but the nickels and dimes really do add up!  If you didn't give your florist a dollar figure you're comfortable with spending you need to go back and say "We went about our budgeting for flowers process wrong, what can we change to match our vision to our budget?"  Or, look at Wedding packages that all you do is cut the stems off from places like Sam's, BJ's, HyVee, Costco, FTD, etc.  Just cutting the stems off is FAR more work than you realize.  The value of your time the 24 hours leading up to the wedding is NOT worth the DIY Headache unless you're already a florist and own your own shop...
  • MesmrEwe said:
    It may SEEM cheaper to DIY instead of hire the florist, but the nickels and dimes really do add up!  If you didn't give your florist a dollar figure you're comfortable with spending you need to go back and say "We went about our budgeting for flowers process wrong, what can we change to match our vision to our budget?"  Or, look at Wedding packages that all you do is cut the stems off from places like Sam's, BJ's, HyVee, Costco, FTD, etc.  Just cutting the stems off is FAR more work than you realize.  The value of your time the 24 hours leading up to the wedding is NOT worth the DIY Headache unless you're already a florist and own your own shop...
    This. I was voluntold to help make centerpieces for a friend's baby shower (that I drove 5.5 hours to attend) last spring. We showed up over two hours before the shower started and had to cut the stems off of enough roses and hydrangeas for 10 tables worth of centerpieces. We barely finished in time for the shower to start, and by then, our hands were numb (from the chilled flowers), bleeding (from the thorns), and our backs were killing us. 

I'm a big fan of people DIY-ing whatever they want to DIY (provided they don't put guests to work) but flowers are far more labor-intensive than one might think.