Chit Chat
Options

For those old enough to remember. . .

Spotted at the grocery store tonight.

Re: For those old enough to remember. . .

• Options
    Oh no!!! Lol do you remember the SNL skit that was a parody to the "clear beverage" craze back then? With the clear gravy? Lol 
    Yes! I love that skit and am now trying to find it on YouTube.
  • Options
    That goes with the chokers that have made a comeback.  
  • Options
    Oh no!!! Lol do you remember the SNL skit that was a parody to the "clear beverage" craze back then? With the clear gravy? Lol 
    Yes! I love that skit and am now trying to find it on YouTube.
    https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/crystal-gravy/n10459?snl=1

• Options
    WinstonsGirlWinstonsGirl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited January 2017
    They have retro 90's parties now.  When did I get to be retro??  

ETA - And what on earth do they play??

• Options
    I will be all about chokers, but clear cola soda freaks me out.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    I love the return of the choker and that's about it. 

I can even even deal with other people in suspenders and tee shirts under sundresses. As long as 90's hair doesn't come back, we'll be fine. I did rock a mean bang back in the day though!
  • Options
    missfrodo said:

If they went to the same school as me, it'll be Backstreet Boys, N'Sync, and early Britney.  Today on Spotify, H found a station called "Oldies but Goodies" featuring hits from 2000-2016.  HOW ARE THOSE "OLDIES?"  You should have to go back several decades before something becomes an "oldie."
    Throw in some Hanson, TLC, early No Doubt ... lol
  • Options
    missfrodo said:

If they went to the same school as me, it'll be Backstreet Boys, N'Sync, and early Britney.  Today on Spotify, H found a station called "Oldies but Goodies" featuring hits from 2000-2016.  HOW ARE THOSE "OLDIES?"  You should have to go back several decades before something becomes an "oldie."
    TLC's Weak was my JAM the year it came out. I played that cassingle so many damn times I still have that song memorized. 
  • Options
    missfrodo said:

TLC's Weak was my JAM the year it came out. I played that cassingle so many damn times I still have that song memorized. 
    No Scrubs lol
  • Options
    I walked into a Claire's with my niece and I swear they have the same accessories the last time I was in there twenty years ago.  

• Options
    No Scrubs lol
    I know I'm older  because when I think 90's music I want to 'do the diddy with Paperboy.' (Linked, JIC)
  • Options
    No Scrubs lol
    I know I'm older  because when I think 90's music I want to 'do the diddy with Paperboy.' (Linked, JIC)
    I can't believe I forgot about this song!!!! I had this as a cassingle too!!!
  • Options
    They just played Spice Girls on the radio! "Wannabe" {there's a request hour on the station I listen to}

:)
  • Options
    Anyone remember Informer by Snow? 
    My first thought of him was "Everybody wants to be like you"
  • Options
    No talk of "Achy Breaky Heart" ;) Billy Ray was my crush. He had some good ASSets lol
  • Options

No idea what half those lyrics were but I licky boom boom now is pretty much all I remember and I'm sure that's wrong. 
  • Options
    I danced to that song for the 7th Grade Talent Show!   
  • Options
    I'm really old, when I think of the 90s, I think of Nirvana, Soundgarden, Alice in Chains, Garbage, Placebo, Lenny Kravitz, Veruca Salt, PJ Harvey, Tori Amos, etc. 
    you're more 90s grunge I see ;)
  • Options
    I'm really old, when I think of the 90s, I think of Nirvana, Soundgarden, Alice in Chains, Garbage, Placebo, Lenny Kravitz, Veruca Salt, PJ Harvey, Tori Amos, etc. 
    Me too! 
  • Options

Slightly off topic, but an oldie.

Shocked!  I just read that Ringling Bros. is closing their circus after 146 years.  Their last show will be in May of this year.  Attendance has been declining over the last 10 years.  They've also been harangued by accusations of animal cruelty and recently took elephants out of the shows because of PETA and other public pressures.  And their ticket sales dropped even harder.  Because people WANT to see the exotic animals performing.

On the one hand, I'm not a big fan of circuses.  But, on the other hand, it feels sad and like the passing of an era.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    How about Portishead?

My freshman year in HS I saw Veruca Salt and PJ Harvey open for Live! So good.
  • Options
    How about Portishead?

My freshman year in HS I saw Veruca Salt and PJ Harvey open for Live! So good.
    I forgot Portishead was 90s! I listened to them in early 00s
  • Options
    I have had the biggest crush on Lenny Kravitz since forever!
  • Options
    I have had the biggest crush on Lenny Kravitz since forever!
    Same! But I much prefer 90s Lenny with dreads to 00s or present-day Lenny.