Chit Chat
Options

OMG! NuBra?

I am looking at an advertisement at the top of my page for something called NuBra.  The model looks weird.  Nobody's boobs should look like that, not even in a comic book.  Has anybody actually tried this thing?
httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg

Re: OMG! NuBra?

• Options
    I have not tried it, nor had I ever heard of it, so I had to check it out on Amazon.  Some women love it, say it's great for backless/strapless dresses.  Others say the adhesive doesn't last, and that it fell off when they sweat with it on!  I like the concept, but I wouldn't like the feeling of essentially being glued into a bra.  
  • Options
    lovesclimbinglovesclimbing member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited January 2017
    I used a NuBra product under my wedding dress. I believe it was the NuBra UltraLight or Feather Light or something like that, not the original. Mine had a fabric covering as opposed to being entirely silicone/plastic like the original, but was basically the same thing - stick on cups connected by a clip. 

I liked it. I thought it worked well and looked nice. I don't know what ad you're seeing, but my boobs looked fine. I didn't have an adhesive issue, but I also didn't wear it more than a couple times. I believe they do have a limited life span of 25 or 50 uses because the adhesive would wear out. I wouldn't recommend it for a larger-breasted person. I was on the small side of a C at the time. I didn't wear it more because I don't have very many chances to dress up in the type of outfit that would require such a bra. Basically only formal outfits, which I only wear maybe once a year. I also now have larger breasts, so I got rid of it a year or so ago. 
  • Options
    CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2017

Nobody's boobs should look like this!  I feel sorry for the model.  I wouldn't have noticed if the advertisement was not persistently across the top of my Knot page.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    Mine looked very similar to that except it was nude, not pink. I definitely wore the cups more under and on my breasts (like a regular bra) rather than sort of just on the front of them the way many of the models do. 
  • Options
    I've used it! It's not, for me as a lady abundantly naturally blessed of bosom, as effective as a normal bra, but under a dress with some structure to it works pretty well. 
  • Options
    What's the point of a bra the sits on top?  Is it just a bad marketing photo?
  • Options
    What's the point of a bra the sits on top?  Is it just a bad marketing photo?
    I was wondering that too. I'm thinking it was just for the photo and, similar to how models in a runway show often have to wear shoes that don't fit, they didn't care that the cups were too small for this model?
  • Options
    The bra, as are most strapless bras in my experience, mostly there to shape the girls and hold them together/give cleavage. They don't really offer anything in the way of lift. This bra was no exception. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who wants their breasts held up. 
  • Options
    I think the bra in that advertisement was just meant to create cleavage, which it appears to be doing well. Most of the bras on that site at a glance do not sit on the chest but are fully attached to just the breast tissue, I guess the larger your chest the more obvious that would be. 

• Options
    I bought it for my wedding dress too.  It didn't help with the cleavage in the wedding dress but helps in some tops. It certainty didn't look like the picture either!