Chit Chat

First World Problems

Haven't had one of these in a while...

I'm eating a bag of peanut M&Ms and I get genuinely annoyed when a brown one pops out of the bag. I swear they taste different and they aren't any fun to eat. 
*********************************************************************************

Re: First World Problems

• I am working at home, and there is nothing good on tv to have as background noise.

• Haven't had one of these in a while...

I'm eating a bag of peanut M&Ms and I get genuinely annoyed when a brown one pops out of the bag. I swear they taste different and they aren't any fun to eat. 
    When they first started making the blue M&Ms I would refuse to eat them because they weren't part of of the original colors and I swore they tasted different. (I was also a butthead 5th grader at the time so maybe it was just that)
  • The Super Bowl is next weekend & my school is downtown a few blocks from all the hoopla.  Traffic is a MESS already and our school parking lot is getting used, so it's super fun.
  • Haven't had one of these in a while...

When they first started making the blue M&Ms I would refuse to eat them because they weren't part of of the original colors and I swore they tasted different. (I was also a butthead 5th grader at the time so maybe it was just that)
    Do you remember when there were tv ads on Nickelodeon advertising the vote for the new color? It was pink, purple or blue. And you could write in or call with your vote - no online voting. I called 4 times and voted for blue. But I agree, when it finally came out it felt weird to eat them. 
    *********************************************************************************

• my face cream broke yesterday (glass jar tyvm) when I opened my cabinet and it fell out.  I had to wait 2 - yes, 2 prime days to get it replaced. 

• I planned on showering this morning and changed my mind last minute to sleep extra.
    Then my cat had a hair ball and I had to get up to clean it up right away.
  • One of my acrylic nails broke an hour ago.  I just had them filled one week ago!  Usually I wait until my next fill for a repair.  But, that will be 3-4 weeks from now.  I might have to break down and make a special trip JUST to have this one nail repaired.  Irritating.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2017
    I planned on showering this morning and changed my mind last minute to sleep extra.
    You need one of these!  https://www.amazon.com/BISSELL-SpotClean-Portable-Cleaner-7786A/dp/B00AZBJ1JK/ref=sr_1_28?ie=UTF8&qid=1485456763&sr=8-28&keywords=bissell+portable+carpet+machine

httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • @CMGragain - we have one of those SpotBot cleaners and I love it.  It's also helpful when you do a good deed by taking an intoxicated person home and they get sick in your car.  

• We're having our house interior painted.  I'm so happy with how the color looks but now my house smells like paint. 
    Anniversary

• There's a Santa experience I wanted to book for the kids this year, and it sells out fast so you really have to jump on it when time slots open up.  Of course its opening was the exact same day and time that we had tickets to a Thomas the Train show, so I was fumbling with my phone and dealing with crappy internet connection while booking.  So we're stuck with a random Wednesday in October instead of a weekend in November  :|
  • CMGragain said:
    I planned on showering this morning and changed my mind last minute to sleep extra.
    You need one of these!  https://www.amazon.com/BISSELL-SpotClean-Portable-Cleaner-7786A/dp/B00AZBJ1JK/ref=sr_1_28?ie=UTF8&qid=1485456763&sr=8-28&keywords=bissell+portable+carpet+machine

Typically it's pretty good if I catch it right away, but I may look into something like that for off chance cat gets sick during day and I can't clean it!
  • CMGragain said:
    What?  You eat them randomly?  I always sort them into color piles and eat the colors in matching groups!  Seriously!  (I save the red ones for last because every child knows that they taste the best!)
    Exactly! You must sort them!
  • TNDancer said:
    CMGragain said:
    What?  You eat them randomly?  I always sort them into color piles and eat the colors in matching groups!  Seriously!  (I save the red ones for last because every child knows that they taste the best!)
    This is basic M&Ms etiquette!
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • I'm hungry, but already ate all my snacks. I have a pear left, but it just doesn't look appealing. And it's snowing/raining so I don't want to go next door and get a better snack. 
  • bleve0821bleve0821 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2017
    Several weeks ago I made an appointment with an ophthalmologist to get my contact lens prescription updated and as I'm filling out the paperwork in the office, they tell me they don't take my insurance (which I gave them when I scheduled)

ETF spelling

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Today is going so slow. I have another hour and 10mins left ....
  • CMGragain said:
    TNDancer said:
    CMGragain said:
    This is basic M&Ms etiquette!
    hahah I admit to doing this with skittles....like when I pour the bag out into my hand, I try to have one of each color (I immediately throw away the yellow ones because...ew). And of course I feel super lucky when I randomly pour and I get exactly one red, one green, one purple, one orange and one yellow. 

Are y'all saying you pour out the whole bag and then sort them into colors and eat them like one green, one red, one yellow and so on? That is serious dedication!! 

Now THIS makes sense for Skittles.  I'm not feeling you all on the M&Ms, though.  They all taste the same and I don't notice the colors.

I eat 2-4 Skittles at a time and they MUST be all the same color/flavor.

Haha, victory!  For once, when one of you all make me crave a food item, I actually had a little Skittle bag in my desk drawer.  I am eating Skittles now as I type about them.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My FWP is that my laundry doesn't fold itself. I want one of those new machines that folds your clothes for you. That's how much I loathe doing laundry.
    Maybe someday I will use the old fashioned solution and hire a maid
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • My FWP is that my laundry doesn't fold itself. I want one of those new machines that folds your clothes for you. That's how much I loathe doing laundry.
    They make these?!?!?!
    They make these?!?!?!
    Now if only they would make one that puts the laundry away!
  • We went to our favorite pizza place for dinner. I liked my pizza, but now I wish I'd ordered the eggplant Parmigiana.
  • Hubby has texted me to tell me he's taking me to try on eternity rings after work :-)  I'm to colleagues I haven't got my nails all pretty!  
    I just want something that takes my laundry when it needs to be done. Wash, hang or dry then fold.
    They make these?!?!?!

Not yet, but it is in the works.  They will be taking pre-orders next year, though they don't know the price yet, and they should be available in 2019.

Apparently socks are the toughest for the machine to figure out, lol.  But the folding doesn't happen quickly.  At least not yet.  It takes about 7 hours for the machine to fold a load of laundry.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @lovesclimbing yes!  Google FoldiMate. I think they're up for preorder. They probably don't actually work the way they're supposed to. Lol.