Wedding Woes

Tuesday!

Re: Tuesday!

• TFB - On principal I don't shop at Walmart because I think they treat their employees like crap.  But I'm also in a very populated area, so not shopping at Walmart isn't hard to do.
  • @OliveOilsMom  <3

@thefanciestbeckler  i'd start looking up company rules if I were you ...
  • Ro041Ro041 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2017
    @OliveOilsMom - I am so sorry.  At least you had that last day with her.   <3

@thefanciestbeckler - it sounds like your place of work is pretty small.  I am sure you are right that there are no rules against relatives working together.  There certainly aren't any laws against it.  Edit - except for in the government.

• @AtomicBlonde That is EXACTLY what my husband would do and it DRIVES ME BATTY!!!!

@oliveoilsmom- I'm so sorry

I'm annoyed.  Our health plan used to have an initiative that gave Amazon gift cards.  This year they are putting money in our HSA.  I want my gift cards back dammit. 

Now I also want quac

• I have an awesome recipe for salsa that uses mostly canned goods if anyone wants it.  It's a hit at our annual Cinco de Mayo party.

I have had two pots of tea this morning and I am still not feeling hydrated.  

I am working late which means FI is in charge of dinner.  Last time he bought bacon wrapped chicken, bacon wrapped chicken skewers, and cheesy french bread.  That's it.  He's a marathon runner so he can eat whatever he wants.  I am not.  Ha!  I am nervous about tonight.

• @Ro041 It is really small. There are few rules about anything here, and even if they have rules for something there are *select* people who are allowed to break them. AKA the lady sleeping with the boss gets whatever she wants regardless of "company policy". Ugh.

• Oh, @OliveOilsMom. I'm so sorry. I know how tough this is. It does get easier - and you and your H seem like such a great team. Definitely enjoy and keep sharing the great memories you have of Betsey. She'll always be by your side. 
  • @thefanciestbeckler - yeah that sucks but it's really not surprising.  That kind of culture is pretty common.  Ugh.

• @OliveOilsMom, it sounds like Betsey's last day was filled with love.  She's crossing over that rainbow bridge happy and pain free.

@Heffalump, queso and margaritas are always welcome.

@thefanciestbeckler, one more boss' mistress family member and I think you all are turning into one of those '80s night time soaps.  Like Dynasty or Dallas.  I'm afraid that means you need to start wearing huge shoulder pads and using a lot of hairspray.

I know it is always an UO, but I love Walmart.  They carry a lot of grocery items I can't find in other stores.  They are so much cheaper for a lot of household/clothing items.  And, you'd think living in the middle of a medium sized city that I'd have lots of shopping choices.  I don't.  Walmart and Costco are the only national store chains nearby.  If I want to go to Target or Best Buy or (insert big box store), I have to drive 20-30 minutes (one way) to the suburbs. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @OliveOilsMom I am so so sorry about Betsey :( I know how hard that is. It sounds like you guys gave her an awesome, love-filled life though. She was very blessed to have you and your H.

• @OliveOilsMom, hugs to you and your H.  I know how hard it is, but I firmly believe that the love that they show us and the lessons they teach us in love, tolerance, and patience are worth the pain.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• @short+sassy Lol! I have a pretty impressive arsenal of hairspray. I guess I just need to up the usage and go shopping for shoulder pads on my lunch break.

• I'm so sorry @OliveOilsMom. I'm glad you were able to spend the day with her last and that the vet was so kind and considerate. All the good thoughts to you today. 
  • @OliveOilsMom so sorry about Betsey. It is difficult. I said the same thing about our dog when we lost her - I will be finding fur forever. I seriously think I still am almost 5 years later.
  • @OliveOilsMom - I'm really sorry for your loss. It's terrible to lose a furbaby. *hugs*
  • @Heffalump
    - did you check with Wooz, too? Maybe she's just been pulling at them. I've seen DK doing this when he's stressed, and he tells me that he's just "thinning out the weak ones" 
  • RIP Betsey - glad she was able to be loved by you @OliveOilsMom.

@MissKittyDanger I hate those fights, I feel so exhausted the next day

@AtomicBlonde I have a deep rooted fear in dentists dating back to my orthodontist that was just a dick.

@charlotte989875 I added cowboy caviar to my eggs - never too early!

I went back to the Dr and now I have a sinus infection.  But he can't give me  a ZPack since I just had one, and I'm allergic to Penacillin, so all the cillin's are out.  I had two options, Drug A that I have a 1/20 chance I'm allergic too but will work the best or Drug B that I could have to take for up to 20 days to fully get the bacteria out.  We went Drug A with benadryl every dose, but that means I'm super tired.  H had a snow day so I'm trying it today without the Benadryl, fingers crossed.
  • And Olive'sOil, I'm glad your vet was able to work with you.  I'm sorry.  These sorts of adulting things suck.
  • @OliveOilsMom, I'm so sorry about Betsey.  Hugs.

@GBCK, squeeeeeeee.  I want to shnuggle her up.
  • @kimmiinthemitten  doesn't help I was already a little stuffy, afterwards it was like Niagara Falls with my nose. Also I wish I could have lent you my orthodontist. He was cute and made going great ;)

@GBCK  aww baby!! She may never grow out of toe-mice. M taught Penny toe-mice and the little bugger still sometimes does it. She's getting better but there are days she will attack. Although, Angel - at his current grand age of 11 - will sometimes go batty over things. Cats are just weird and mine are like toddlers lmao
  • GBCK said:

Spotty kitten has been keeping me up...she's a kitten, so she is still a firm believer in 'blanket mice'(aka, toes) in the bed that require pouncing.  But she's cute.  And currently napping.  She got her new tag in the mail, so she's 'official'

So sweet!

I'm having fond kitten memories of my little girl.  She's about 12 years old now, but we got her when she was 4 months old.

In the mornings, she would hide on the other side of the door frame and then pop out at us...on her hind legs...right before we walked through.  She was born without a tail (a Manx) and was almost all black.  My H and I nicknamed her "Bear" because, except for her triangle ears, looked like a tiny black bear.  Especially reared up and ready for attack. 

(Sigh) it's been many years she's reared up on us.  But, every once in awhile, she'll playfully swat at us as we walk past her.  Just to show she's still young at heart :).  As an adult, she has brown and black stripes.  She had to grow bigger to see the brown stripes she was hiding as a kitten, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I just made a "to-do" list of everything I've accomplished so far today just so I could cross them off. 
    My old boss used to make me lists just so I could do that :)
  • I keep missing the cat LuLaRoes that come through...but just scored an outfit that had skull leggings!

Next up, cats in glasses!
  • GBCK said:

Spotty kitten has been keeping me up...she's a kitten, so she is still a firm believer in 'blanket mice'(aka, toes) in the bed that require pouncing.  But she's cute.  And currently napping.  She got her new tag in the mail, so she's 'official'

So sweet!

I'm having fond kitten memories of my little girl.  She's about 12 years old now, but we got her when she was 4 months old.

In the mornings, she would hide on the other side of the door frame and then pop out at us...on her hind legs...right before we walked through.  She was born without a tail (a Manx) and was almost all black.  My H and I nicknamed her "Bear" because, except for her triangle ears, looked like a tiny black bear.  Especially reared up and ready for attack. 

(Sigh) it's been many years she's reared up on us.  But, every once in awhile, she'll playfully swat at us as we walk past her.  Just to show she's still young at heart :).  As an adult, she has brown and black stripes.  She had to grow bigger to see the brown stripes she was hiding as a kitten, lol.

Angel is Bear also! He and I used to play on the stairs. He'd be at the top and we'd both duck down and see who 'peeked' first.
    I call him bear because he reminded me of a baby bear and he's coloured line a panda. Also ... due to me coming home drunk and singing to him, he hates being called "Angel Bearto" {sung like "Alejandro" by Lady Gaga ....}
  • edited January 2017
    Hugs to you, @OliveOilsMom!

I'm home with a sore back. I don't know what I did Sunday, but I spent the day in excruciating pain. Yesterday was almost as bad, but today is much better. I'll be back at work tomorrow, with a pillow behind my back.

Apart from my injury, the couples retreat was awesome! We learned a lot and met some really amazing people. I wish I hadn't forgotten my book  :/ but we got some wallet cards to remind us of the skills we learned. I'm so glad we went.