Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

wedding dress help

ok so i got a wedding dress i have not picked it up yet and i have not talked to them about alterations yet. I plan to when i pick the dress up. however I would like to be prepared for my alterations appointment. I love the style of my dress and in my head I had hoped alterations would fix my chest area looking so flat. I am a 36 b cup. but after looking at the pictures my sister snapped of me I am getting even more self contentious about my chest looking so flat in my wedding dress. I will attach a picture. I was considering having cups sewn in. in your opinion do you think this would help make my chest look somewhat bigger? What would you do?

Re: wedding dress help

• Options
    ok so i got a wedding dress i have not picked it up yet and i have not talked to them about alterations yet. I plan to when i pick the dress up. however I would like to be prepared for my alterations appointment. I love the style of my dress and in my head I had hoped alterations would fix my chest area looking so flat. I am a 36 b cup. but after looking at the pictures my sister snapped of me I am getting even more self contentious about my chest looking so flat in my wedding dress. I will attach a picture. I was considering having cups sewn in. in your opinion do you think this would help make my chest look somewhat bigger? What would you do?

I really like your dress, and you look good in it! 

Were you wearing a bra underneath the dress when you tried it on?  I had to wear a strapless bra as I have the opposite problem...I would talk to the seamstress about your concern and see what they recommend.  I don't know much about push-up's/padding but I think you're perfect the way you are :)

• Options
    Thank you. I was wearing a strapless bra at the time. It wasn't the best quality it was a cheap one from Walmart. I'm just concerned that even with a decent pushup bra it still may make me look flat chested just because of the style it is in the bust area. I'm more concerned with the flatness appearance it gives my boobs, i'm not so sure a push up can really help. its making me second guess the entire dress. 
  • Options
    I'm not seeing a flat-chested woman here. I think you look great, and agree with @southernbelle0915 that you don't want to take it too far.
  • Options
    I don't think you look flat chested at all. I agree with having cups sewn in. You can add a little fullness while still looking like you.
  • Options
    I don't think you look flat chested.  I can relate though.  I was toying with having cups sewn into my dress but at my first fitting wore my go-to miracle maker  (the Victoria's Secret Bombshell multi-way push up bra...worn strapless) and was happy enough with how it looked that I decided against cups sewn in.  If you don't have a push up bra that you love though, sewing cups in is your safest bet.  You look really pretty as you are though..good luck :) 
  • Options
    CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2017
    I think the dress looks lovely on you!
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    You don't look flat chested at all! I am thinking that bra is not giving you the support you deserve, I'd try it on again with something with more support before deciding on the cups. 
  • Options
    I agree with PPs about not looking flat-chested (but I'm a nearly-B, so I think everyone else is generously endowed by comparison).  I think the way the dress is designed around the bust, it sort of "outlines" the chest area and gives you defined cleavage.  
  • Options

thank you all for your responses!

If you could, would you guys be able to answer another question for me. Should I wear a ballgown slip with this kind of dress? I wasn't wearing one in the picture.

• Options

If you could, would you guys be able to answer another question for me. Should I wear a ballgown slip with this kind of dress? I wasn't wearing one in the picture.

Maybe something to pouf the lower portion at the hemline a bit, but I wouldn't go full ballgown.
  • Options
    geebee908 said:

Maybe something to pouf the lower portion at the hemline a bit, but I wouldn't go full ballgown.
    You could have the seamstress add in an extra layer of crinoline, that's what I did. Added a little volume but not too much. 
  • Options

I would try on a few slips under the dress and see what you like the best (A salon or seamstress will probably have these available).  I think a full on ballgown slip might be too much but they make a lot of different options that add fullness at various points in the dress...I would look for something that helps flare out the bottom layer.  Just make sure you get one before your fitting as they often "shorten" the dress by pushing the fabric out more.