• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
New York-Long Island

When Should I Start This??? (Planning Advice Appreciated!)

daisykid3daisykid3 Long Island, NY member

Hi there, my name is Amanda and I'm new to The Knot discussion boards. I've been using all of the planning tools since shortly after I got engaged but I think it's driving me a little batty...

My fiancé and I got engaged in July of 2016 and we're getting married in September of 2018. So far we've already booked our ceremony venue, reception venue and photographer/videographer. Starting this week we're going to be meeting with entertainment vendors and we plan on booking one by the end of the month. After that I have no idea what to do next, and here's where my dilemma is.

What do I do next?? We have 19 months to go (as The Knot keeps reminding me) but I'm already in this super party planner frame of mind. I just want to keep planning our next move but people keep telling me to wait until next year for pretty much everything left on my to-do list! I enjoy surfing Pinterest and all but at some point I'm going to have 50 or more ideas pinned for centerpieces alone!!

What do you guys suggest I do next even though I still have over a year to go? Are there any other kinds of vendors we should try and reserve sooner rather than later? Do you think I might be getting a little too caught up in the excitement of planning? Should I start a literal wedding board in our bedroom so I spend lest time on my phone? (that one was a joke but now it sounds like fun)

Re: When Should I Start This??? (Planning Advice Appreciated!)

• Hi Amanda, Congratulations!
    And wow, you're getting married a year after us and you've done almost everything that we have lol!

I would say to take a break from planning - which is what I do to ease the craziness. I too was finding myself going a little batty from planning.

Maybe collect inspiration and pictures. Have you picked your color palette yet? And if you're doing a "themed" wedding maybe start collecting images and ideas for that.