Wedding Reception Forum

Table linen and wedding colors??

We are doing our main colors of cranberry and snorkel blue,  with burlap and mustard yellow small accents. The bridesmaids qill be in cranberry dresses and the groomsmen and room are wearing a snorkel blue suit and grey vest perhaps (we have time for him to decide for sure). 

But, I was going to do a cranberry or burgundy table cloth and perhaps blue table for the head table and/or the cake, dj, gift etc tables. What are your thoughts?  

I do not want white linens, and we're doing a simply barn hall and using the poly tissue table linens for easy disposing but a classic look (www.webstaurantstore.com). 

I thought people usually make the table cloth to their primary color, but the primary color is usually the bridesmaid color... so I'm confused?!

Re: Table linen and wedding colors??

• I totally agree with PPs about not matching your linens to your WP. White or cream would probably be the best choice.
  • SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2017
    Your wedding colours are pretty bold, and you are using one each for the BMs and GMs, so you've got a lot of colour going on already. I think cream would look lovely for linens and match all of your colours nicely. Use your colours in the centerpieces and napkins, if you wish.

We DID use our wedding colours in our linens, but not the dominant colour. Our colours were navy, plum and lavender. The BMs wore navy dresses, bouquets were blues and purples. The GM wore navy suits with purple ties and bouts. Our table linens were lavender, navy napkins, and the centerpieces used dark purple flowers.

• I honestly think nobody cares what color your table cloths will be.  They do care about what food and drink will be served.  Keep your color scheme with the flower centerpieces.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • SP29 said:
    Your wedding colours are pretty bold, and you are using one each for the BMs and GMs, so you've got a lot of colour going on already. I think cream would look lovely for linens and match all of your colours nicely. Use your colours in the centerpieces and napkins, if you wish.

We DID use our wedding colours in our linens, but not the dominant colour. Our colours were navy, plum and lavender. The BMs wore navy dresses, bouquets were blues and purples. The GM wore navy suits with purple ties and bouts. Our table linens were lavender, navy napkins, and the centerpieces used dark purple flowers.

Oh that's so gorgeous, @SP29! Your tables look so elegant!
  • Our linens are ivory with navy napkins. The table decor will bring additional color to the tables. I think ivory or off-white would look lovely with your bold color choices. (I totally get your aversion to stark white table cloths; those always look too work-banquety to me)

When you're thinking of the color of the linens, think of how it would look on 20 tables right next to each other. One table with a bold table cloth may look lovely, but a bunch of them next to each other can get overwhelming pretty fast! Plus, with what I've seen while looking for linens, basic ivory/white family colors are sometimes less expensive than other colors.
  • KratzyInLoveKratzyInLove member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2017
    sparklepants, Thank you!! I love love love the snorkel blue. My engagement ring is a blue diamond and the closest I could come to describing it was snorkel blue (which, not being a designer, took me forever to figure out what color is was, and it is DEFINITELY a snorkel blue!).

You might be a mind reader... We actually completely canned burgundy, and are going with snorkel blue, a tan/gold, and adding pearls so the center pieces and to the bows drapped over the chairs... so we are doing that exact glimmering gold table linen you are talking about (my FH owns a restaurant so he was familiar with webstaurants. We are actually doing a grey suit pants and vest, and blue over coat and tie (if you google snorkel blue it is a photo that comes up!)

Thank you everyone for your opinion!! I love all the positive feedback!! :)
  • sparklepants, Thank you!! I love love love the snorkel blue. My engagement ring is a blue diamond and the closest I could come to describing it was snorkel blue (which, not being a designer, took me forever to figure out what color is was, and it is DEFINITELY a snorkel blue!).

You might be a mind reader... We actually completely canned burgundy, and are going with snorkel blue, a tan/gold, and adding pearls so the center pieces and to the bows drapped over the chairs... so we are doing that exact glimmering gold table linen you are talking about (my FH owns a restaurant so he was familiar with webstaurants. We are actually doing a grey suit pants and vest, and blue over coat and tie (if you google snorkel blue it is a photo that comes up!)

Thank you everyone for your opinion!! I love all the positive feedback!! :)
    Oh that sounds like it will be so gorgeous!! Please post pics when you have some!! And good luck with the rest of your planning!!