New York-Long Island

Bridal Shower favors

Any ideas?  My mom is super cute and trying hard but wants a fun idea.  Can you help us??  We thank you!! 

Re: Bridal Shower favors

• edited December 2011
    Photo booth!
  • edited December 2011
    Do you have a theme?  I've got a million ideas but it depends on what you're theme is....
  • krissyrowkrissyrow member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No theme, really.  The wedding is at a barn on the North Fork in October.  The shower is in the summer because my sister, and also MOH, is moving away to start vet school.  So, we're thinking simple - summery or barn-like BUT just something people will actually use.  Thanks!! 
  • alithebridealithebride member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    edited December 2011
    can't go wrong with edible goodies!!

• edited December 2011
    Taste of the North Fork in Peconic does local goodies as favors, and they have a web site. She does jams, North Fork potato chips, sauces, etc.
  • edited December 2011
    Anabeth's idea is cute- very local, which is always nice.  I also went to a fall wedding once where they gave out those cute little packs of flower seeds with a message or poem on the front, and they were fall foliage seeds.  

You could also do something rustic (to go with the barn idea) like mason jars filled with all sorts of things- jams, fowers... my favorite is all of the dry ingredients for something like a cake or cookie mix, with the recipe written on some parchment paper and attached to the jar.  Put in the flower, sugar, salt, even the choc chips, and add the recipe with a note to just add eggs and bake! (Or whatever the recipe calls for).  It's especially cute if it's a family recipe, or a specific cake/cookie that you and your fiance love.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love those ideas!!  I also saw some cute lemonade kit that is very "summery".  Thanks!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I swear someone had a link for local goodies for the North Fork.  Can't find it anywhere.  Please help :) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards