I was wondering, since S1 is a popular venue, if anyone has any advice in terms of planning? We booked a date - April - but I'm planning it from out of town and don't really know where to begin and don't know anyone else that has gotten married there.
1. who did you use as a caterer? were you able to negotiate the budget down at all? Is it practical in the space to try to have trays for appetizers out instead of servers during cocktail hour or is it too cluttered with the antiques?
2. who did you use to cleanup decorations or BYOB alcohol at the end of the night? I noticed it has to be something like 'swept' in the contract.
3. where did you book a hotel block?
4. did you have an informal after party at a bar? which one?
5. One review mentioned noises during the ceremony or cocktail hour while they were setting up the upstairs...was that an issue for you?
6. Was heating ok? I saw that was an issue in another review.
7. any other advice -- !