Chit Chat

YAY........ BOO

Yay - My DH LOVES to vacuum and mop.  Does it 4-5 days a week. 

Boo - once he is finished he just leaves the equipment wherever he stopped.   So currently I have a Bissel crosswave in the upstairs hall, with the plug plugged in the bathroom.   On the main floor there is a Swifter vac/mop thing leaning up against the entertainment center.  On the top of the stairs leading down to the lower level is the hand Shark that he used to do the steps.  The cord is still plugged in also.

WHY?  WHY?  Why is it so hard to just put them away?

Do you have any yay, boos?

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 

Re: YAY........ BOO

• Yay- DH always does the dishes for me when he's home. Our agreement is I cook, he cleans up.

Boo- I hate the way he does the dishes. I have a really nice set of Calphalon pots and pans that have to be hand washed. DH fills the sink up with water and a little dish soap, wipes the pan off with a sponge, and rinses. I don't feel like anything ever gets really clean that way. Something about all the dishes sitting in the same water and then essentially just getting rinsed off grosses me out. I wash them one at a time under running water with enough dish soap for some good suds and rinse them really well. I try not to criticize him too much for that, but I usually end up rewashing at least half of what he washed.

• Yay DH insists on doing laundry.  Boo he won't ever fold anything that comes out of the dryer.  I can't blame him, exactly, because that's the part of laundry I hate, too.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Yay... H is cooking me dinner tonight (I do all the cooking). 

Boo he he keeps asking me where everything is, how do things work, and what the directions mean so I can't just lounge and let the dog. 

This might also be a FWP. 
    Sounds like my house! Housemate and I do most of the cooking, and FW is a bit lost in the kitchen.
  • Yay DH insists on doing laundry.  Boo he won't ever fold anything that comes out of the dryer.  I can't blame him, exactly, because that's the part of laundry I hate, too.
    Yes! My yay is that FI does the laundry. My boo is that he doesn't fold it right (it's always folded wrinkled) so I have to redo it. 

• YAY my favorite book from childhood (The Story of Ferdinand) is becoming a movie (Ferdinand)!  

BOO it's not going to be released til December!

(Bigger boo, I'll probably hate it :( )

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• YAY my favorite book from childhood (The Story of Ferdinand) is becoming a movie (Ferdinand)!  

I love Ferdinand!  Though my favorite book was Charlotte's Web.  I never saw the movie.  I felt like it would be lame compared to the book and ruin some of the magic.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

I love Ferdinand!  Though my favorite book was Charlotte's Web.  I never saw the movie.  I felt like it would be lame compared to the book and ruin some of the magic.
    I loved Ferdinand and Charlotte's Web, although my favorites were the Frances series (Birthday for Frances, etc.) and Mrs. Pigglewiggle. Completely agree that more often than not movies made from childhood books tend to ruin the magic. 
  • Yay . . . My art journaling group is tonight.

Boo . . . If I go, that means getting home after 9:00 because it's on the opposite side of town.
  • Yay ..... really good sex last night {half in the shower}

Boo ..... didn't get a chance to shave, so I must shower tonight
  • yay- FI does the dishes. I cook, he cleans. 
    boo- FI NEVER wipes the table or countertops. Never. 

yay- when I bring home groceries, FI is always nice enough to put them away. 
    boo- FI leaves empty grocery bags on the floor. Always. 

:|
  • Yay- I'm an aunt again! My sister had her second daughter yesterday (I'm already in love with my little Valentine) <3

Boo- my period will be two weeks late tomorrow.  We're actively preventing pregnancy, but I dared to take a pregnancy test this morning- thankfully negative.  But what else causes a late (or missed?) period?  I'm 32 so I'm not thinking menopause  :#
  • @eileenrob, yay for a new little girl in the family!

Before I was on BC pills, I'd find that sometimes highly charged emotional times...especially if they were stressful...would cause me to be late.  Maybe it's that?  Or hopefully something else equally minor and temporary.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • eileenrob said:
    Yay- I'm an aunt again! My sister had her second daughter yesterday (I'm already in love with my little Valentine) <3

Boo- my period will be two weeks late tomorrow.  We're actively preventing pregnancy, but I dared to take a pregnancy test this morning- thankfully negative.  But what else causes a late (or missed?) period?  I'm 32 so I'm not thinking menopause  :#
    Stress, hormone fluctuations ...
  • ernursej said:
    eileenrob said:
    Yay- I'm an aunt again! My sister had her second daughter yesterday (I'm already in love with my little Valentine) <3

Stress, hormone fluctuations ...
    This.    Start monitoring your cycles and maybe you just didn't ovulate.  
  • eileenrob said:

SITB

Are you on any new medication?  Any at all?  Mine was off last month/this month because of freaking antibiotics! 
      :

• Here's a Yay Boo.

Yay- My month Bumpie group is really great. 

Boo- My first snarky comment to a drive-by snoflake resulted in a warning! I used a popular TK retort of "I feel sorry for her husband" and got a warning. I've been on TK for years without warning. BOOOO. 

But otherwise yeah it's nice over there, whew!

Another Yay- I got a new job! A new position where I work, with a bit of a raise. Awesome to have a new opportunity and not jeopardize my need for maternity leave. 

• Here's a Yay Boo.

Boo- My first snarky comment to a drive-by snoflake resulted in a warning! I used a popular TK retort of "I feel sorry for her husband" and got a warning. I've been on TK for years without warning. BOOOO. 

Another Yay- I got a new job! A new position where I work, with a bit of a raise. Awesome to have a new opportunity and not jeopardize my need for maternity leave. 
    you got a warning for feeling sorry for someone?  I'd like to see what you ARE allowed to post if not that?

Congrats on the new job!  That's great!

• Yay - I have been working out like crazy and feeling great.  
    Boo - I gained 4 pounds this week.  Is it because I am supposed to start my period tomorrow?

• Here's a Yay Boo.

you got a warning for feeling sorry for someone?  I'd like to see what you ARE allowed to post if not that?

Congrats on your new job! 

I am also really confused as to why that kind of comment would warrant any kind of warning???
  • Here's a Yay Boo.

Congrats on your new job! 

I am also really confused as to why that kind of comment would warrant any kind of warning???
    LOL I don't know! The snoflake did the bump equivalent of GBCK (including really very rude TOU violations) so who knows. 
    I guess they're more sensitive over there due to rampant pregnancy hormones.