Wedding Invitations & Paper

time frame

Im getting married May 20th 2017. I need to have my final head count to my venue 10days prior. Im stuck on when I send my invites out and when to have guests reply by? ill take all the help i can get!
thanks! :)

Re: time frame

• I would have the RSVPs due two and a half to three weeks before the final count is due. That will give you time to track down any people who haven't responded. Rule of thumb on sending out invitations is 6-8 weeks before the wedding. Do you have a lot of OOT guest? If yes I would go closer to 8 weeks out.
  • My wedding is 3/18/17. I sent out my invites the last week in Dec (or might have been first week Jan). My final count is due 10 days beforehand as well, so 3/6/17 (business days). RSVP cards are due 2/15/17. So I gave myself 2 weeks + plus a few days (just in case) to contact people who don't respond before I have to turn in my final count on 3/6/17. Hope that makes sense.

I would say have the reply by 4/19ish-22ish.. plus/minus. Just my option, people may have some better suggestions.
  • Im getting married May 20th 2017. I need to have my final head count to my venue 10days prior. Im stuck on when I send my invites out and when to have guests reply by? ill take all the help i can get!
    Easy.  You sends out your invitations eight weeks before your wedding, which is normal.  You ask for a reply by two weeks before the wedding.  This gives you a few days to make follow up phone calls to the non-responders, and it gives your guests six weeks to make up their minds.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • We sent out our invitations about 9 weeks before the wedding with an RSVP date 3 weeks before the wedding. That gave us about 2 weeks to follow up with anybody we hadn't heard from before we had to give a final head count. 
  • We sent out our invites at the 9 week mark as almost all of our guests were OOT.  Our RSVP date was a week and a half before our final numbers were due.  We waited that half week for any stragglers (there were two) and then made a couple phone calls to get the last minute people.
    Im getting married May 20th 2017. I need to have my final head count to my venue 10days prior. Im stuck on when I send my invites out and when to have guests reply by? ill take all the help i can get!

I would say:
    Send out: March 20th (or there abouts)
    RSVPs Due: April 28th
    Follow-Up Calls: May 3-5th

Give or take a couple days

• I'm getting married the same day. Our numbers are due 5/17. I'm sending them out around 3/20, and I have the RSVP date as May 1st.
  • CMGragain said:
    Easy.  You sends out your invitations eight weeks before your wedding, which is normal.  You ask for a reply by two weeks before the wedding.  This gives you a few days to make follow up phone calls to the non-responders, and it gives your guests six weeks to make up their minds.

Thanks for stating this so clearly. Just came to check on when to send invites for June 17.  RSVP is set for 6/2. We'll have the invites ready to mail April 17!