Wedding Woes

Tuesday?

mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
edited February 2017 in Wedding Woes
I'm glad I stayed through my meeting yesterday because there was some interesting information to be had, but getting off work early was awesome.  I napped a little on the couch and then SIL called and asked if I wanted to go visit with her at her grandma's house.   My nephew is so fun.  :)

So DH got a call from the place he interviewed with around the holidays.  They had offered him something last month, but he turned it down because the hours (2nd shift) didn't fit with our life.  But this time it sounds a little more promising (promotion opportunity?)...The guy left a message and said he'd be calling DH in the next week or two with more information.  

All I have to say about it is: 

Other than that, SSDD. 

Re: Tuesday?

• Happy Tuesday!  

Today is a "double-tap Tuesday" as I like to call it. Yesterday was a holiday and my work was closed, so today is going to be a bombardment of people forgetting their appointments bc they think its Monday, and probably two days worth of phone calls, and just mass confusion... so far three of our appointments haven't shown up, so I'm researching what we need to do to get our marriage license... so thats fun. 

This evening FI and I are going to his parents for dinner and so he can work on our side-by-side with his dad, we rolled it a few months ago and have to change out the roll cage now. His parents are pretty traditional in their views of mens and womens roles, so while I would loooove to be in the garage getting dirty and puttering around with the men, I'm expected to be inside hanging out with his mom and helping with dinner and chit chat.. probably some scrabble. Oh well, at least I get a free meal out of it!

Today is my niece's 2nd birthday... and she lives sooooo far away so we've only seen her once ever. I bought her the Corduroy book and the Very Hungry Caterpillar book because they are classics! I can't wait until I have my own little one to read too, I love perusing Chapter's to find the perfect book. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Interview prep all day long. Such a different style of interview, and questions than I'm used to. 

Also I need to make sure my suit still fits. Other than that just practicing questions and answers and researching the organization. 
    Interviews make me so nervous!! Good luck!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• On Friday we received the genetic test results in the mail - we already knew the little one was healthy with regard to any chromosomal disorders, but we wanted to find out the sex together. So we opened the envelope together Friday night (poor H worked from home on Friday so he was staring at that envelope all day lol). And Beans is a girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG!  WOOHOO!  Congrats!!!  That's so exciting! 
  • Congratulations @sparklepants41!! Have you two talked about names yet? 

Thanks @drid; I'm nervous, but more so because I don't know what to expect. Academic interviews I'm used to typically last 2-3 days, there are a lot of opportunities to discuss your skills, qualifications, etc, and I've never been on any other type of interview (since I was in college), so I'm a little out of my element on an interview that only lasts an hour or two. 
  • @mrsconn23  whooo! Money/job vibes for your H! ;)

Reading yesterday's post.
    @Heffalump  how's Wooz today?

Weekend was good. Beautiful weather!!
    Friday some friends came over. I pre-made the beef patties for Saturday's dinner. They kinda fell apart, but I know what to change for next time.
    Ended up crashing early because I was getting a headache.

Saturday M and I went to the shooting range. I was intending on using it once, but sitting beside him was making me feel uneasy because of the shockwaves. M said it's natural because of where we are. I didn't end up shooting, but maybe another time.
    That afternoon we didn't do much. I put dinner on the crockpot, and took a nap.

Sunday I woke up super congested. Like *wham* full on sinus cold! Grr! I rested and M bought me some meds. That night we went to my mum's place for dinner. I spent most of it lying on the couch. I didn't feel sick but congestion makes me super tired.
    When we left I basically had a bath and went to bed.

Monday we intended to going to Winterlude, but with the crazy-warm weather and my sudden sinus crap, we decided not to. Honestly I just wanted a beavertail lmao! We went to look for a place that sold beavertails that was open, but nothing. Oh well .... we're going today ;)

Since it's going to be warm all week, I told M to start hacking at the snow that's on my side of the car. People came to clear off snow from the roofs this weekend but it's half on our driveway and makes it hard to get in the car for me.
  • @charlotte989875  good luck!

@sparklepants41  YAYYY! LADY SPARKLES!
  • Also, does anyone have random dreams with celebrities? Sometimes it's one I like, sometimes it's one that just seems to have a song played often on the radio.

Other night I had a dream that I was making out with Ed Sheeran {not a horrible looking dude, but not entirely my type - also not famous in my dream} We were in a bar, and then I pulled him into the bathroom to make out more. Apparently I could hide him really easily, because no one saw me sneaking him into a stall.

WTF! Lmaoooo
  • Thank goodness my H just had "man flu" and not real flu or other sickness. I was so tired of him sitting on the couch yesterday that I don't think I could have handled it today. And of course I'm glad he feels better and all that jazz
  • kvruns said:
    Thank goodness my H just had "man flu" and not real flu or other sickness. I was so tired of him sitting on the couch yesterday that I don't think I could have handled it today. And of course I'm glad he feels better and all that jazz
    I hate the 'man flu'
    I mean I get the "I feel like shit and don't want to do anything" but sometimes I wonder how much of that is flu, and how much is "I'm being lazy" lol
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited February 2017
    kvruns said:
    Thank goodness my H just had "man flu" and not real flu or other sickness. I was so tired of him sitting on the couch yesterday that I don't think I could have handled it today. And of course I'm glad he feels better and all that jazz
    I thought of you...and your H yesterday.  DH woke up around 6pm, after going to bed at 8:30am (he works nights) and was all, "Ohh I'm so stuffed up and sad..." (and therefore he can't help with jack fucking shit with the house or kids).   He took sudafed, ate dinner, and went back to bed.  

Thankfully, he came home feeling better today.  So I'm hopeful he'll actually contribute to something today, or you know, at least spend time with us before he goes to work. 
  • good luck with the interview @charlotte989875
  • Sparkle - Yay for little girls!

MrsConn - Good job and money vibes for MrConn!

Charlotte - Just always be confident in the answer you give, you got this!

This weekend was a crazy whirlwind!

Friday - H had his first dentist appointment for a root canal.  He was there so long, neither one of us anticipated it.  So by the time I got dinner cooked (just some pancakes to make it easy for H), I had 30 minutes to eat and get to yoga.  So I decided to skip Friday night and go on Saturday morning instead.

Saturday - first it was to the Amish mart for delicious bacon breakfast logs.  It's bacon, egg, and cheese inside a pretzel.  It's just amazing!  We also got some of the good bacon from the sausage store.  Then I went to yoga!  The class was good and I NEEDED it!  Still trying to get back into twice per week since I first got sick with the stomach flu.  But I have another class tomorrow, so that will help!

After yoga, I went home and H had cut the remaining tiles and was laying them down.  I did some work around the house.  Then we went to my aunt's housewarming party AKA my baby shower!  It was tons of fun and Baby has lots of clothes and things now!  I feel much more prepared now!  I just need to go through all of it.  My friend brought the cradle there too.  I didn't realize but her dad had put plaques up on the bottom rail to state who occupied it and he made one for my baby too!  I was so touched!

Sunday - H and I went to church in the morning.  Then afterwards we made breakfast and got to grouting the tile.  They make it seem so easy on TV and youtube, but it was actually a bit of a work out for both of us!  H grouted while I wiped up the excess.  We then went out for dinner because I was too beat to make the chicken and eggplant parm I promised H!

Monday - We met with the pediatrician's office for Baby.  Glad to have that crossed off our list too!  Then once home H went back to work in the bathroom.  He is adamant about me getting into the tub tonight for baths!  I started to go through baby gifts.  Getting tags off stuff and sorting out the gift cards.  Getting ready to start washing baby items too.  I did make the parms for dinner last night.  And was so mad because I left them in the oven too long and burnt the cheese on top.  They ended up tasting fine and weren't over cooked, but I was having a moment about messing up and almost started crying.  H calmed me down though and we dug into dinner.

Today is my first of the weekly doctor's appointments.  H is going to do a final clean on the tub when he gets home so I can have a relaxing bath when we get home from the doctors.  I CAN'T WAIT!

• wooohoooo @sparklepants41

Nothing much today. It's sunny so I might make the kids play outside while I do some work.  I'm soooooooo close to being done with the brut force project I've been working on daily since January.

Making a few plans for spring break.  The place has activities scheduled until March 10.  We arrive March 19.  I'm waiting (impatiently) to see the new activities.
  • @sparklepants41 YAY for little girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!

@charlotte989875 I hope the interview goes well!!! Also, I saw that you started Beachbody! The first few times I did the workouts (even the easy ones) I was sore like that too. They are no joke!

Morning(ish) all!

I'm back after a long weekend. My boss let me off an hour early on Friday, so I got a head start on my trip to see DH. I was able to beat a lot of the rush hour traffic since I left earlier than planned. Woohoo!

Real talk for a minute. I got to the hotel, had to go to the bathroom, clogged the toilet and made it overflow. REALLY?!?! Real sexy, TFB. We had to call freakin maintenance to come unclog the toilet because there was no plunger in the room. DH will never let me live that down. He made fun of me all weekend for it.

After that fiasco was taken care of, we went out for a nice dinner and a couple of drinks. DH is such a lightweight, and he's hilarious when he drinks. When we got back to the hotel we watched a little TV and then headed to bed. Saturday morning we had some *amazing* sex. Then we headed to Waffle House to nurse DH's 2 drink hangover. Lol.

It ended up raining so DH didn't have to fly. We spent the rest of the afternoon shopping and hanging out before I headed back home. I stopped and saw my best friends brand new baby twins on the way home, which further fueled my baby fever.

Sunday was church, a ridiculously long nap, workout, and then grocery shopping. Yesterday I hung out around the house, worked out, and then went and got a tattoo. Mom was supposed to go but ended up with a migraine. All in all, great weekend.

• HeffalumpHeffalump member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited February 2017
    @sparklepants41, congratulations on your baby girl! 

Nothing major going on here.  Work, work, and more work.

DH is having a midlife crisis and was talking about buying a sailboat and sailing to Europe last night. 

ETA: I have to run to Costco at lunch, and I'm trying to talk myself out of a chicken bake.  It's not going so well.
  • M and I are talking about the summer. My mum might be going away for a couple months, so it wouldn't seem fair to do at trip she suggested without her.

SO! We're basically down to 2 ideas.

1 - go to one of the national parks. stay over night somewhere nearby

2 - go to a campground I use to go every year as a kid and be able to show M where our trailer was, where my grampa stayed and a bunch of other things.
    {Down side - might bring up memories that despite are happy, things that will never happen again :( }
  • banana468 said:
    Over the weekend DH gave Chiquito a haircut.   It was his first and the little man looks so handsome!

Monday we took the day off and kept Chiquita home.   We opted for a day to go to the nearest go kart / trampoline place.   She's too small for the go karts but the trampolines were a blast (a bit of a concern on my postpartum bladder but still a lot of fun).   We treated to McDonalds and watched the Lego Movie at home.     Here's a shot after 30 minutes of bouncing - check out those rosy cheeks!  

Now it's back to the grind and wondering how many ways I can think about trying to sneak something into my coffee.

Those are some adorable children! Your daughter looks just like you (based on your wedding picture!)
  • Oh also, I found out that DH will be stationed in Columbia, SC when he gets transferred. Isn't that where your son and his FI live @ILoveBeachMusic? Maybe you can give me some recommendations of things to do when I go visit!

• @mrsconn23, hoping for good news for your DH!

@sparklepants41, yay little Beans Girl!  Your poor H being tempted by the envelope all day.  If it had been me, I think I would have needed to handcuff myself to a chair, with the key and envelope out of reach.

@MissKittyDanger, no dreams with celebrities...at least not yet...but definitely some weirdo ones in terms of the people in them.  Like kids I went to elementary school with and haven't seen in decades, but magically look like the adult version I've never met.

@charlotte989875, compared to the multi-day interviews you are used to, you are going to need to focus on a more condensed version of why you're awesome and perfect for the job.  If it helps, make a list of what you offer that is most valuable to this specific job.  Then put it in order of most important.

I don't know if you're familiar with the term "elevator pitch", but think of it as an extended version of one of those.  An elevator pitch is pretending you happened to get on the elevator with the hiring manager of a company you really want to work for.  They invite you to tell them what you've done.  You now have the short length of that elevator ride to dazzle them with your skills and experience.  What do you say?  I've found it to be a good exercise in really honing in on my strongest assets and, when I'm looking for a job, it also helps me write my cover letters.

Speaking of jobs (eye roll), sorry to be such a broken record all the time about my job insecurity.  Things have taken such an ugly turn at work.  The project I work on is related to a huge mine in Indonesia.  Our client has been there over 50 years but, long story short, there's currently animosity going on between them and the Indonesian government.  They stopped production about a month ago, because their storage is full and they're not allowed to export ore at the present time.  Our client just filed a suit for breach of contract yesterday.  Sigh. 

FYI, none of this is proprietary info.  There are a plethora of news articles across the globe following this.  I wouldn't want you all thinking I'm a "loose lips, sink ships", kind of gal.  But I just had to vent and be a little sad.  Not just for me.  I'll (probably) be okay and land on my feet somewhere*.  Though perhaps taking a few steps backward on my debt payoff.  But a long term suspension of activities or closure will be devastating to the local economy.  And to the suppliers I work with.  There are tens of thousands of jobs associated with this facility.

*I haven't been laid off yet.  But, short of client and Indonesia working things out in the very near future, my days feel pretty numbered.  

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @short+sassy  do they actually look like the person? that's so random/neat!
  • @short+sassy  do they actually look like the person? that's so random/neat!
    I have no idea, lol.  It's more like in the dream I just "know" who they are.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @thefanciestbeckler, I will check with DS and FI about things to do. When we have been down there we have visited family (they are nice people but don't think you want to do that!!) and gone to various restaurants to eat. They live near the USC campus. I know there is a zoo in the area and there may be a state park nearby for walking/hiking. If you are down there for a weekend Charleston is only an hour or so away - that would make for a romantic getaway.

• @thefanciestbeckler my son responded immediately!! I've PM'd you with stuff he recommends. It is pretty long with a focus on restaurants because he is a foodie.
  • Because some of you aren't on my instagram, here's pictures of my dinner/dessert other night. Salisbury steak and banana nutella croissants :)

Successful Salisbury steak in crockpot

Banana Nutella croissants
  • Congratulations @sparklepants41!!!!!!

Sending good job vibes for @charlotte989875 and @mrsconn23's H! You too, @short+sassy!

Some days at work, I hear stories that really test my faith in humanity. Today was one of them. I'm so grateful for you guys; reading your posts always cheers me up.

• @ILoveBeachMusic I just saw your message! That list is awesome!!! DH and I are big foodies too so it's right up our alley! Thank you both so much!