Wedding Woes

Wednesday

Good morning from the Future!!

Y'all. I can NOT remember the password to TK or the stupid wedding gmail I used for this account. But I had to get something off my old phone and I happened to still be logged on. :) Pro Tip: Don't rely on your phone to store all of your passwords for everything then move to the other side of the world where your phone doesn't work and you have to get a new one. 

It is Wednesday, which is our Thursday since the work week is Sunday- Thursday here. The last couple weeks have been a bust for me, activity wise. For a couple weeks I was doing really good about going to the gym (and the beach) several times a week. I need to get back on it. This week has been working through the mountain of laundry that accumulated when we didn't have a washing machine. We brought our washer and dryer because DH knew they would work here, everything being 220v and everything, and because our washing machine was new, fancy, expensive, and we couldn't leave it behind. Guess what, they don't work. The heating element in the dryer pulls too many amps and will start a fire. The washing machine is supposed to run on 240v 60hz power and everything here is 220v 50hz. We did run it a couple times successfully but after it freaked out a little, I didn't want to risk breaking it. The washing machines here are Incredibly Small!! Dryers aren't really a thing and are built into the washing machine. The mountain of laundry would be 4 or 5 loads in my beautiful, big, american washing machine but it is like 180 (exaggerating?) in this little one. 

Idk what we were thinking when we were deciding what to bring but we did it backwards. We should have brought all of our crappy furniture and left all of our nice appliances. I burnt out a step down transformer trying to make toast but fuck if it wouldn't be great to lay on the couch, lol.

I could go on and on but I mostly whated to say Hey and How are you?

Re: Wednesday

• HI!  Sounds like things are going mostly well.  Forgive me, but where are you again? 

I just looked my pay statement for this week and I had almost 24 hours of OT last pay period.  Great money, but no wonder I'm feeling burnt out AF.  And things aren't slowing down, so I'm sure I can keep rolling in it.  I'm taking this week as an 'off' week and took some PTO a couple days.  

Also, I think one of my team members accepted a position in a different group.  But nothing has been announced and we have no idea if the position she's leaving is going to be back-filled into our group or not.  I am on a pretty small team (less than 10 people) and I work from home, so some communication would be nice.  Feeling like you're on an island is one of suck things about WAH.  I think it wouldn't be as bad if there was no central office and everyone telecommunted, but in this situation it can definitely feel like you're 'missing out' on information.  It's not a deal-breaker and just more of an annoyance.  They can pry my yoga pants and messy top knots from my cold, dead hands.  

At least it's Wednesday already.  :D 
  • @mrsconn23 I am in Abu Dhabi. Feeling out of the loop is frustrating. Yay for OT monies though. :)
  • Not much new today. Wednesdays are long days, classes, meetings, office hours; but H and I drove to work together (rare even though our offices are in the same building) and it's already 55 degrees and sunny by 8:30am. I just wish the weather would stay like this, I'm ready for spring. 
  • @missJeanLouise, good to hear from you!  Sorry to hear the washer/dryer configuration you're stuck with is not ideal, to say the least.

This whole week has been bad news bears for me.  I feel so beaten down.  I talked yesterday about my work situation circling the drain quick.

I found out yesterday that my p/t job is dropping 2-3 of my hotels.  Which will be a $140-$210 loss in monthly income.  More specifically, two companies merged and now I'm having to split the territory with the other company's NOLA rep.  I was worried it would be worse, but it still really sucks.

I also found out yesterday that I was essentially denied life insurance coverage I bought about a week ago.  I have a major medical condition that makes life insurance EXTREMELY expensive for me to buy, or I just get outright turned down.  I was beyond excited to have found a policy with my new agent that was affordable for the coverage it offered, which also included long term disability insurance, and my Type I diabetes (fully disclosed) wasn't a problem.

Haha, it's still not a problem, but in underwriting something else came up and they told my agent they would only offer $32,500 in insurance for the same price I would have been paying for $200K!!!  Um...hell no.  What came up?  I have no idea.  But something in my "lifetime prescription" history raised a red flag for them.  My agent is trying to find out.

I'm absolutely flabbergasted and completely puzzled.  Excuse me?  What mystery condition...that I don't have and have never been diagnosed with...is apparently WAY WORSE than Type I diabetes from an insurance perspective?  Hopefully I'll found out today and it will be something I can challenge.

Here's the shocking truth I found out.  Attached to your social security number, is EVERY prescription you have EVER filled.  For your entire life and it stays there for your entire life.  And damn HIPPA.  Life insurance companies can access that data when you request a policy.  So, here's the irony, everyone.  Do you want the BEST prices on medical insurance and life insurance?  Then NEVER go to the doctor and NEVER fill a prescription.

And it also saddens me that, going forward, I'll be double and triple guessing any new prescription my doctor wants to put me on or wants me to try.  Because now I'll be worried it could come back to bite me with insurance rates at any or multiple points in my life.  Is that what we've come to?!?!  People being afraid to fill a prescription because it might jack up their life and medical insurance...or cause a denial...1, 5, 10, and/or 15+ years from now?

I even had a dream last night that the insurance company told my agent they think I have cholera, lol.  Such a random illness that my brain picked out for my dream, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @missJeanLouise, good to hear from you!  Sorry to hear the washer/dryer configuration you're stuck with is not ideal, to say the least.

This whole week has been bad news bears for me.  I feel so beaten down.  I talked yesterday about my work situation circling the drain quick.

I found out yesterday that my p/t job is dropping 2-3 of my hotels.  Which will be a $140-$210 loss in monthly income.  More specifically, two companies merged and now I'm having to split the territory with the other company's NOLA rep.  I was worried it would be worse, but it still really sucks.

I also found out yesterday that I was essentially denied life insurance coverage I bought about a week ago.  I have a major medical condition that makes life insurance EXTREMELY expensive for me to buy, or I just get outright turned down.  I was beyond excited to have found a policy with my new agent that was affordable for the coverage it offered, which also included long term disability insurance, and my Type I diabetes (fully disclosed) wasn't a problem.

Haha, it's still not a problem, but in underwriting something else came up and they told my agent they would only offer $32,500 in insurance for the same price I would have been paying for $200K!!!  Um...hell no.  What came up?  I have no idea.  But something in my "lifetime prescription" history raised a red flag for them.  My agent is trying to find out.

I'm absolutely flabbergasted and completely puzzled.  Excuse me?  What mystery condition...that I don't have and have never been diagnosed with...is apparently WAY WORSE than Type I diabetes from an insurance perspective?  Hopefully I'll found out today and it will be something I can challenge.

Here's the shocking truth I found out.  Attached to your social security number, is EVERY prescription you have EVER filled.  For your entire life and it stays there for your entire life.  And damn HIPPA.  Life insurance companies can access that data when you request a policy.  So, here's the irony, everyone.  Do you want the BEST prices on medical insurance and life insurance?  Then NEVER go to the doctor and NEVER fill a prescription.

And it also saddens me that, going forward, I'll be double and triple guessing any new prescription my doctor wants to put me on or wants me to try.  Because now I'll be worried it could come back to bite me with insurance rates at any or multiple points in my life.  Is that what we've come to?!?!  People being afraid to fill a prescription because it might jack up their life and medical insurance...or cause a denial...1, 5, 10, and/or 15+ years from now?

I even had a dream last night that the insurance company told my agent they think I have cholera, lol.  Such a random illness that my brain picked out for my dream, lol.

That's creepy, and terrifying. Apparently big brother is always watching. 

Hopefully you can challenge whatever they find. Sorry you've been having such a hard time of it lately. Here's hoping something good comes your way soon. 
  • @missJeanLouise, sorry to hear about your W/D, but glad to hear that you're settling in.  My first job out of undergrad, I started in tech help for a scientific equipment company, and electrical issues were always the worst.

Poor @mrsconn23.  You need a break!  If it makes you feel any better, we're all in the office, and half the time the communication sucks regardless.  I only learned about one (fairly important) deadline when I overheard my boss discussing it with another director.  Not cool.

My office started to reek yesterday afternoon.  I went out into the hallway, and it was worse there.  The entire office smelled horrible.  At first people were saying gas leak, but it didn't smell like gas to me.  I was waiting for them to evacuate the building or something, but our facilities manager said there was a dead animal by the A/C intake on the roof (or possibly in one of the ducts), and when the A/C kicked on for the first time that day, it pumped nastiness throughout the building.  It's supposed to be warm again today, so here's hoping they found whatever it was.

I'm volunteering for lunch duty at Wooz's school today.

A recruiter contacted me with a job that looks good on paper, but which I have zero enthusiasm for.  Not even interested in interviewing, but I don't feel like I have a "good enough" reason to say no.  They don't have a bad reputation or anything, I'm just already bored just reading about them.  I feel like I should be Leaning In, but...meh.  Most likely plan is that I don't send a resume, feel guilty for a couple of days, and get over it.
  • @missJeanLouise yay!  Glad you were able to log in!  How's the adjustment?  Crazy question, how exactly does one pack up a washer and dryer to move overseas?

@short+sassy I am sorry you're having such a hard week. Hopefully the Domino's stop falling soon. When I was tested for the BRCA gene 7 years ago I had to max out my life insurance because if it came back positive, I could be denied insurance if I tried to make any changes for the same reasons you named. The berth they are given is such crap. 

Today is SSDD. Busy at work, still working on this huge bid. Our sales meeting is next week and I'm helping facilitate our team building exercise because a couple people referred me. Plus, a training type employee in Chicago quit. I'm trying to remain logical that neither of these mean a potential position for me in that role in the future, but damn reasoning doesn't stop me from getting my hopes up. 

@mrsconn23 looks like you're showing yourself the money!!  

@charlotte989875 when's the interview?
  • Heffalump said:
    @missJeanLouise, sorry to hear about your W/D, but glad to hear that you're settling in.  My first job out of undergrad, I started in tech help for a scientific equipment company, and electrical issues were always the worst.

Poor @mrsconn23.  You need a break!  If it makes you feel any better, we're all in the office, and half the time the communication sucks regardless.  I only learned about one (fairly important) deadline when I overheard my boss discussing it with another director.  Not cool.

My office started to reek yesterday afternoon.  I went out into the hallway, and it was worse there.  The entire office smelled horrible.  At first people were saying gas leak, but it didn't smell like gas to me.  I was waiting for them to evacuate the building or something, but our facilities manager said there was a dead animal by the A/C intake on the roof (or possibly in one of the ducts), and when the A/C kicked on for the first time that day, it pumped nastiness throughout the building.  It's supposed to be warm again today, so here's hoping they found whatever it was.

I'm volunteering for lunch duty at Wooz's school today.

A recruiter contacted me with a job that looks good on paper, but which I have zero enthusiasm for.  Not even interested in interviewing, but I don't feel like I have a "good enough" reason to say no.  They don't have a bad reputation or anything, I'm just already bored just reading about them.  I feel like I should be Leaning In, but...meh.  Most likely plan is that I don't send a resume, feel guilty for a couple of days, and get over it.

That is so gross!  I'm cringing just reading it, lol

I've been doing a lot of that lately with my job searching.  It looks like a good job that will pay decent, I have great qualifications for it, but it just sounds like such drudgery.  I can't.  I still have a job, at least for now.  I have multiple streams of income.  I may not be so picky if I end up being in month 2 or 3 of unemployment, but I'm picky now!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @short+sassy That blows! Hopefully the rep is able to find a solution for you. 
    @kimmiinthemitten I just pointed at the W/d when the movers came. ;) They crammed some foam in the washer to keep the drum from moving around to much and wrapped them both in bubble wrap. That was pretty much it. Adjusting is fine. The hardest part is not having a job. I had a meltdown about that last week. @Heffalump I am chalking it all up to learning curve. Neither of us had ever moved overseas before so now we know. 
  • Today is my last day working at home before I have to go back into the office.  I just realized I haven't washed my hair since Saturday....so I might need to get on that.

I bent the hell out of my ring and the jeweler basically said, "there's no way I am touching that mess.  We need to send it back to the designer."  So, I am without a ring for the foreseeable future and I'm hoping it doesn't cost too much to fix. 

Foster Dog has really mellowed out since his adventure in the woods.  His digestive issues have resolved themselves too.  

@short+sassy  - the rx thing is terrifying.  

• @Ro041, I'm glad to hear that Foster Dog is not being the annoyance he was before.

@Ro041 and @charlotte989875, on the terrifying prescription thing.  Yep, I was pretty shocked when I asked my agent how they would know about my prescription history to be "concerned about it".

My agent has Crohn's disease, so it was nice to work with someone who understood so well the frustration of being in great health, otherwise, taking very good care of my condition...but still being a pariah to insurance carriers.

She actually had a very similar experience to me!  The same company was fine that she had Crohn's disease, but red flagged her because she'd taken prescription sleep medication.  A prescription filled once.  Two years earlier.  But that medication is also sometimes used to treat depression.  She ended up finally being approved and without having to pay a higher premium, but that was only after she provided documentation...including a note from her doctor...that she did not suffer from depression and had never been diagnosed with depression.  She told me, "It was such a hassle!  If I'd known then what I know now, I would have just taken over the counter stuff." 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @short+sassy holy cow! That is terrifying and creepy af!!

Not much new today. I'm on way too many simultaneous deadlines - but so isn't the rest of my team, so no opportunity to delegate. And this intense workload isn't new - it's been going on with our group consistently since the beginning of last May. And every time we talk to the powers that be about getting additional staff, we are told it's not in the budget. But we are the group that brings in revenue and essentially keeps everyone employed. And because of our role in the organization, we aren't allowed to say "no, we're too busy." 

Plus today I'm exhausted and nauseous and I have a case of the blahs so everything is covered in a rain cloud. 
  • Heffalump said:
    Also, I just discovered this book, and I am pretty sure we're getting it:

Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls

Lots of the girls in my life got this for Christmas.  :) (Not from me, I just saw it all over FB and people saying it was being gifted.) 
  • Heffalump said:

YES.  That is DH's and my goal, to get to independent income.  (We're working on it!)  So yeah, the thought of leaving one job I don't care so much about for another I don't care about either, when neither of us wants to do the 9-5 anymore, is uninspiring. 

Yep, we're there too.   We're hopeful some stuff we're working on this year can really get that ball rolling. 
  • @missJeanLouise  yay for old phone log ins ;)

@mrsconn23  wow that's a lot of OT! Glad you're taking some time off for yourself :)

@charlotte989875  it's really warm here too, makes me too antsy for spring lmao!

@short+sassy could be worse, but that does suck :( hopefully your budget doesn't crunch too hard. Also that is absolutely STUPID they would deny you!! It's not like you could avoid being diabetic. Damn right your agent better be looking into it.

@Heffalump  I know a/c and heaters will typically smell bad because of dust, and just smells like something burning. Regardless it's not a great smell. At least saying yes to an interview could help your skills for when something great comes around.

@Ro041  tsk tsk! Go shower :P Could the digestive issues be related to nerves?

Not a whole lot last night. It was raining - yay to melt snow! - so we didn't go get beavertails. Depending on how M feels, we may go tonight. I think he picked up my cold, so he's home today and resting.

I went through my closet last night since we had a bunch of clothes just sitting on the trunk. So I sorted most of it, moved curtains and sheets around and got our room {closet} more semblance.
    After dinner I did dishes and SCRUBBED the counters. It's horrible when it takes me so long to do that ... needless to say it was pretty friggen glorious to wake up to such a clean kitchen! :)

Tonight the plan is to get more boxes down from the spare room. Friends of ours are coming up in April, so we need to clear up that room. We don't have an extra bed, but they already said they're cool with air mattresses.
    Hopefully this week we'll tidy up the basement to get more crap down there lmao!

I swapped coats. It's gonna be warm for a bit, so why wear a heavy coat ;)

I've been thinking about how to tell people when I'm pregnant because I want everyone to have a fun way of finding out. Since the way things are planned, I'd be due in late April, my nana is going to be 90 in March of 2018 - soooo I'd tell her she gets a special bday gift but she won't get it until a month after her bday :)
  • mrsconn23 said:
    Heffalump said:

Lots of the girls in my life got this for Christmas.  :) (Not from me, I just saw it all over FB and people saying it was being gifted.) 

I never heard of it until just now!  I must be out of the loop.  I can't wait until it gets here.  Maybe I'll let Wooz read it when I'm done. ;)
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited February 2017
    Heffalump said:
    mrsconn23 said:
    Heffalump said:

I never heard of it until just now!  I must be out of the loop.  I can't wait until it gets here.  Maybe I'll let Wooz read it when I'm done. ;)

• @MissKittyDanger - I have showered; I just haven't washed my hair!  That's better, right?  Lol.  It's on my list for today.  Also, I think the digestive issues were a combo of nerves and whatever he was eating in the woods for 2 days.  

Your nana is going to love that announcement!  

• S+S - I hope everything ends up working out for you and as someone else said so perfectly, I hope your dominoes stop falling down.

All knotties & SO - I hope you all get the jobs you want/need!  I'm lucky in that I love my job and its pretty secure overall.  I really only have one co-worker who is a dolt and can't stand, so out of the 30 or so in my department that's a pretty good ratio. 

MissJeanLousie - Staying with a friend's parents in Ireland, I was amazed at how small the laundry machines were!  It stinks that your lovely big American ones won't work.

Heffa _ I hope no gas masks are needed today!

Yesterday was a good day.  I got called into the doctor's office early, so that was nice.  I am starting the internal exams being 36 weeks now.  They weren't the most pleasant, but at least they were quick.  Her head is up against my cervix so my doctor said I will have an easy labor - fingers crossed!  LOL!

Once home, I got into that wonderful bath tub!  It was glorious and really helped my hip out.  I've been having some stiffness and pain in the right hip on and off, so soaking in the warm water was really great!

I then had a piece of cake and went to sleep!

Today is yoga after work.  I also need to get started on my TY notes for the shower.  I also need to finish going through everything!  I can probably work on the TY cards at work because its been a bit slow, so maybe I will go through more presents tonight.

• Heffalump said:

ETA: ordered!
    LOVE THIS!
  • @Ro041  ahh that's not as bad then ;) I admire your ability to not wash your hair in the shower. I can't do it lmao
  • There's a women in science book too! And a Ruth Bader Ginsburg one! 

Today im supposed to have school. Not going to lie, I'm tempted to ditch. Lol. I spent the night at my bff's because she is in town. I actually got some sleep for once. Maybe SO and I do need to try sleeping in separate rooms. Lol. 

Other than the gym, maybe ditching class, and applying for jobs, I don't have much to do. Lol. I finally was able to go to sprouts yesterday and then I was sad because I was reminded how much I love it. 

• @sparklepants41  curiosity strikes, did you ever change a gender predictor to see what Lady Sparkles was going to be? I'm curious if it was correct for you :) My friend had all 4 of her kids be correct under them {predictor also tells me I'm having a girl if it all works out when we plan lol}