Wedding Woes

Thursday

The back and forth weather has gotten me.  I woke up with no voice and a really sore throat/chest.  At least I don't have a fever and feel all right besides my chest.  Hopefully, the ibuprofen I just took will help that and I'm going to make some tea here in a few to help soothe my throat. 

At least it's Prudie day and tomorrow is Friday.   And hopefully, I'll kick this soon and not feel like poo all weekend while DH is OOT at BIL's.  

Re: Thursday

• I woke up feeling the same way @mrsconn23, hoping it's just allergies and not actually sickness. Are you all predicted to get the bad storms tomorrow night as well? We have tornado alerts already for tomorrow.  Guess I'll push my departure time up a bit. 

More prep, laundry, ironing my suit, and getting ready. I had a call with one of the Board members last night and it went really well. He told me a lot about the culture of the org which was great. I don't know if I'm more, or less nervous now. 
  • I hope you feel better soon, conn & charlotte!

Shortly after I arrived, my boss sent an email to half a dozen of us that basically said "Hey, you were supposed to be included in this 9:00-12:00 webinar today but you weren't, so I'm including you now.  We'll be in the conference room."  Fuuuuuuuuuuck.  I had things to do, you know?  Plus there was already another meeting scheduled at 3:00, so I have to try to cram an entire workday into now until 9:00, plus 12:00-3:00.  I have a feeling I'm kissing my lunch goodbye.  Again. 

In other news, DH texted me this morning: he saw a deer run straight into the car behind him as he was stopping for a red light.  A few seconds earlier, and that would have been him. :O  Thank heaven for small favors.
  • Yuuuck, feel better mrsconn and charlotte!

I just can't seem to wake up this morning! FI was up at 4:30ish and I didn't even budge, so thats good. Usually I end up being woken up...but he was a mouse this morning! And now he's gone for two weeks again.. so boo, that kind of sucks. 

@Heffalump , I've been run into by a deer on the highway before, it is not fun! Glad he was lucky!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've been a sneezing fool the last two days; the downside of 60 degrees in February.  Actually a friends doctor said that the reason all of the bacterial infections this year is so bad is because of the weather.  Basically, we need the ground to freeze to kill it off and since it hasn't, illnesses that usually can be treated in a week are lasting 2-3.  

Today I'm WFH to finish up a bid and then working a wedding show for the BFF.  She has laryngitis so she can't do much pitching!

Oh and just got an email from my boss about where I'm lacking in sales, literally after we spoke about it in person the day before.  GFY.

We got another $180 ish in Target gift cards after returning some gifts and H asked if we can use that towards a new TV.  I said yes handle it.  Now he wants my input.  Dude, I have no idea.  Before him the only TV I owned was 13" and in my bed room!
  • I have a shitton of work. I'm going to be taking over some accounting work so yay!  Supposed to have small group here but it seems everyone is running late. 
  • @mrsconn23  I feel you on the stupid weather affecting health! Last night my voice kept cracking like mad!

@charlotte989875  hopefully those alerts aren't real :\ yikes

@Heffalump  yay for last minute meetings /sarcasm

So I bused home last night, which didn't take as long as expected. Once I got to a different stop I decided to wait for the bus instead of walking home {same amount of time}
    M tells me that his work is holding off on pay this week.
    Uhm ... what.

*twitch twitch*
    Who fucking saw this shit happening again? *raises hand* Who has been pushing their husband to find a new job without really saying that they see this happening again? *raises hand* WHO TOOK THE G.D HIGH ROAD AND DIDN'T TELL HIM THE DREADED 'I TOLD YOU SO' *waves hand around*

I know he's stressed about this, but he has no idea what it does to me. They said early next week, but last time that was said it ended up being a fucking month later.
    House is covered, and M moved money for the car payment.

Tonight M is doing his resume {it's a fucking miracle!} and I'm throwing laundry in. We're also FINALLY getting beavertails :) Which just excites me to no end lol
  • @misskittydanger that would be so frustrating no knowing when he was going to get paid. I definitely couldn't stick around a company like that regardless of size of emergency fund that just wouldn't sit right
  • Last night I got my yoga class in and since there was only 3 of us, she focused on our bad areas!  Weird hip thing for me, plantar fasciitis and lower back for my co-workers.  So it was a really great class!

Went home to a meh dinner.  H made pork chops and twice baked potatoes.  The potatoes were in the freezer (I had made them) and they were fine.  But the pork chops tasted like a salt lick!  We had guava salt from Hawaii and H marinated some of the pork chops in them before putting them in the freezer.  I had noticed he was a bit heavy handed with that salt because a little goes a LONG way.  So both of us ate about 3 bites of pork chop and that was it.  But we ended up having chocolate chip cookie sundaes instead for dessert!  So all was well!

Got some baby clothes in the washer last night too.  So now it will be onto figuring out how to fold the tiny clothes!  I got back in the bathtub for more soaking and its still glorious!  H joined me for a bit and its nice that both of our big butts fit in that tub! LOL!

Today we have our Baby Basics class at the hospital.  H should probably take notes, he has absolutely no experience with babies!  He has never changed a diaper in his life.  He just didn't grow up with younger cousins like I did.  I also lived with my niece when she was real little, so I often watched her when my sister had work and the idiot had already been kicked out of the house.  So it will be interesting to see H in action!

We also have our plumber friend coming today so he can lower our toilet flange.  Then H needs to seal our tile, which he plans to do on Saturday.  He then thinks he can install the vanity and toilet in the bathroom on Sunday.  Then its just hanging up mirrors, hooks, etc.  There are a few spots that need touch up paint, but that will be NBD.

• I recorded a bunch of crappy Hallmark movies during Christmas and Valentine's Day so I'd have something to watch. I'm sad I'm down to 2 movies left. But then again I only have a few days left to watch them so I guess it works out.

Was super productive working from home yesterday so now I feel like a slacker day is in order. Or really it is because I've put off getting stuff ready for my trip next week and I needed to figure out what fits/doesn't fit in case I need an emergency shopping trip
  • @kvruns  yah no kidding. Last year it was 3x in a year. He did eventually get paid - first was a couple days, second was a week and third was a month - but it's just so irritating for both of us. I'm just grateful I have an emerg savings. I knew there was a reason lol
  • @MissKittyDanger that is so frustrating. 

I'm not sure what I'm doing today yet. I guess laundry and some homework. I've been waking up with a sore throat every morning even though I'm not sick anymore. It goes away a few hours after I get up and I'm not sure why. But it's annoying. 

its supposed to be pretty cool here today. Yesterday was gorgeous so I hoping it lasts through the weekend. I want to do my old favorite hike tomorrow when I go visit my bff in our old city. Hopefully I can finish the hike. It's pretty strenuous and I'm not in as good of shape. 

• M work update - basically the company needs guarantee money for the "line of credit" {best way to word it} and since company didn't get enough signatures to guarantee it, that's why they're missing payroll.

My response: GET OFF THAT BURNING SHIP!!!
  • IM amazed how many companies play fast and loose with payroll, considering how regulated it is (although I know people are loathe to turn in their employers and think that it'll make them LESS likely to get paid if they do).

Kimmieinthemitten, I heard the same about the cold I'm struggling with.  

Today needs a do-over.  It started w/ the kiddo dropping her lovie in the toilet, and I"m working late, and I"m working on a headache, so...yeah, lets just have it be tomorrow, OK?
  • @GBCK Right? I mean a lot of government workers {note: M is not government} are having payroll issues but it's not them, it's the system.
  • Hope you feel better @mrsconn23 and @charlotte989275.

@MissKittyDanger as someone who works for a crappy company like M's, I totally feel your pain. Hopefully this will fuel the fire for him to find something else!

Morning y'all. I'm exhausted for no reason. I got plenty of sleep last night, but I feel like I didn't sleep at all. When I got here a coworker said "TFB you look like you're in zombie mode" Lol. Accurate.

Not much going on today. Work is still super slow, which makes for a loooong week. I'm on the planning committee for my 10 year HS reunion and we have a meeting tonight over Google Hangouts. That's about all I've got today!

• Allergies are kicking my ass. I, too, am hoping it's just allergies, anyway. I sneezed no fewer than 12 times when I got out of bed this morning.  And then I was hit with a fit of the giggles, inexplicably enough.

But. My boss was out sick most of the week, and decided to make an appearance yesterday around lunch, still looking and sounding like death warmed over. So I am expecting my health to also deteriorate. *cue sore throat*

And because he's been out sick, and it's our busy(ier) season, work has also been kicking my ass.  I'm trying to be everywhere and do everything at once, which I am lapping up since it makes me feel important and proficient and trusted here.  I am pretty drained, though.  Looking at OT this weekend.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• @thefanciestbeckler  pretty much has and sounds like a few people are leaving soon. 2 coworkers didn't show up. Not email, nothing.
  • @sparklepants41 Have you tried to suck on candied ginger for stomach and nausea relief?  I have found it in bulk at Wegmans, but other places should have it.  It has worked every time I started to have an episode.  It can be a very intense ginger flavor, but you don't chew it, just suck on it.  It worked so much better than ginger ale!

I didn't have many intense nausea battles during my 1st trimester as long as I kept eating small frequent meals.  But if I skipped a snack, I easily got nauseous without much effort.

It even helped me a month or more ago when I started to have an episode in the middle of Target's fresh meat section!  I keep a tiny Tupperware container, supposed to be used for pills, in my purse at all times.  So if anything started, I could just grab a piece. 

Sometimes the pieces can be large too.  So I would cut them up into smaller pieces.  I have literally spent less than $1 on the candied ginger through my whole pregnancy!

• edited February 2017

@sparklepants41 Have you tried to suck on candied ginger for stomach and nausea relief?  I have found it in bulk at Wegmans, but other places should have it.  It has worked every time I started to have an episode.  It can be a very intense ginger flavor, but you don't chew it, just suck on it.  It worked so much better than ginger ale!

I didn't have many intense nausea battles during my 1st trimester as long as I kept eating small frequent meals.  But if I skipped a snack, I easily got nauseous without much effort.

It even helped me a month or more ago when I started to have an episode in the middle of Target's fresh meat section!  I keep a tiny Tupperware container, supposed to be used for pills, in my purse at all times.  So if anything started, I could just grab a piece. 

Sometimes the pieces can be large too.  So I would cut them up into smaller pieces.  I have literally spent less than $1 on the candied ginger through my whole pregnancy!

Thank you! Unfortunately ginger is one of my aversions. Fun. Fresca seems to work pretty well, and the chef downstairs started stocking it again when I requested it, so for now I will just go with that. I'm almost 15 weeks, though, so I am really looking forward to when the nausea etc. get better. 
  • (and my SIL is taking the baby to the ER.  Yup, today can go straight to hell)
  • @sparklepants41 Have you tried to suck on candied ginger for stomach and nausea relief?  I have found it in bulk at Wegmans, but other places should have it.  It has worked every time I started to have an episode.  It can be a very intense ginger flavor, but you don't chew it, just suck on it.  It worked so much better than ginger ale!

Thank you! Unfortunately ginger is one of my aversions. Fun. Fresca seems to work pretty well, and the chef downstairs started stocking it again when I requested it, so for now I will just go with that. I'm almost 15 weeks, though, so I am really looking forward to when the nausea etc. get better. 
    I also can't always handle ginger, but I find mints really helpful! Gum or just a mint like a lifesaver. I always have a stash in my purse :)
  • I threw up SOOoo damn much candied ginger when PG that I still can't eat it.  ugh.
    (the idea had merit, it's just that...nothing was going to ever stay down for me, so it was a bad idea to try)
  • Feel better @mrsconn23 and @charlotte989875. Hopefully your nausea will go away soon @sparklepants41

Allergies have hit me as well. I sneeze about a million times every morning and my eyes are itching. I did start taking my allergy meds earlier this week. I don't normally take them during the winter since I'm allergic to pollens. I also have a headache today - allergy related I'm sure. 

Just talked to a friend about having new flooring installed in our guest bathroom. This weekend someone is coming from Home Depot to do paperwork on getting laundry room and bathroom cabinets refaced. I'm so excited! I'm really getting an itch to do some major redecorating but H isn't on the same wavelength - boo!

I need to go get a shower now because I worked out this morning then had an Italian lesson via Skype. Good thing my tutor is use to seeing me in workout clothes!

Have a good day y'all.
  • @VarunaTT that sounds awesome!  Knock em dead!

@sparklepants41 try drinking Kombucha - it's delicious and a natural probiotic.
  • GBCK said:
    (and my SIL is taking the baby to the ER.  Yup, today can go straight to hell)
    oh no :( hope everything is okay!
  • Hugs for you and your SIL, @GBCK! Sending good healing vibes to the little one!
  • GBCK - Prayers and healthy thoughts for baby!