Chit Chat
Options

Ewwwww

Don't read if you are eating. . . .

Yesterday before leaving work I used the restroom, as many normal humans do.  Well, in a not-normal turn of events, I stepped in shit. . . . . . . in my office bathroom.  I work inside a building, allegedly with professionals and someone shit on the floor!!!!!  How does that even happen?  How does one not realize, and clean up after themselves?

Needless to say, I threw out my shoes. . . . . I am anti-shoes in the house to begin with, but I was to skeeved out to even chance bringing them into my home (which I understand may be an overreaction, but I have a one year old who is always on the ground, and likes to put things in his mouth. . . . I'm not taking any chances!!!!)

Re: Ewwwww

• Options

WHAT! NO. That is absolutely disgusting. I would have thrown my shoes out too. People are nasty.

Similar situation happened at my old job, except we occasionally let customers use the restroom there, so I tried to convince myself it was a little kid or something.

• Options
    OMG that is horrifying!
  • Options
    debbeau said:
    I used to work at a large pharmaceutical company with supposed professionals. We had a floor pooper on a regular basis. Never found out who it was. The strange thing is it was always right next to the toilet. Was someone swinging back and forth while take a dump? 

I am laughing so hard at the bolded right now. I have a really good mental picture going on

• Options
    I used to work in inpatient psych and had more instances of people having issues aiming their bodily fluids then I would like to recount. 
  • Options
    I don't even understand how this happens!  God, people are disgusting.
  • Options
    I've known of a few kids who psychologically didn't want to let go of their poop, so they'd go next to instead of in the toilet.  Never an adult though- this sounds more like a (really gross) accident- who would just leave it there?? 
  • Options
    CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2017
    Since being on chemo, I totally get having an accident.  I don't get walking away and leaving it there.
    I wouldn't have thrown out the shoes, though.  Things can be cleaned.  Ever been on a farm?

Bathroom embarrassment story:  Last night I had the urge while I was in the grocery store.  When I got to the ladies room, the handicapped stall was in use by an able bodied employee.  I couldn't wait, so I used a regular stall.  I couldn't get up afterwards.  No handrails to help me.  I had to ask a lady to help me get up.  (Blush!) The employee was washing her hands, and saw the whole thing.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    My mom used to teach at an elementary school and one year they had a kid repeatedly pooping on the floor. One of the girls in her class made posters that said something like "Dear floor pooper, stop it, you're being gross" and hung them up down all of the hallways!
  • Options
    Was it a bathroom with only two stalls? I've been in one so many times where the other stall was taken when I got there but then they finished way before me. I always leave feeling like an ass for being in the handicap stall. 
  • Options
    Eww! Agreed- how does that even happen?

CMGragain said:
    Since being on chemo, I totally get having an accident.  I don't get walking away and leaving it there.
    I wouldn't have thrown out the shoes, though.  Things can be cleaned.  Ever been on a farm?

Bathroom embarrassment story:  Last night I had the urge while I was in the grocery store.  When I got to the ladies room, the handicapped stall was in use by an able bodied employee.  I couldn't wait, so I used a regular stall.  I couldn't get up afterwards.  No handrails to help me.  I had to ask a lady to help me get up.  (Blush!) The employee was washing her hands, and saw the whole thing.
    Humans are a million times grosser than animals! I have a horse, so regularly get horse shit on my boots- NBD! Horses eat grasses, grains, fruits and vegetables; they're basically organic ;). But humans.... nope. I must say though, dog poop can be too much for me sometimes (too much like humans ;) ).

As to the italic- I am sorry that happened to you! It's very frustrating when you realize how many things are just not accessible and how easy it would be to design them so in the first place. I would have helped you up without question.
  • Options
    justsie said:
    Was it a bathroom with only two stalls? I've been in one so many times where the other stall was taken when I got there but then they finished way before me. I always leave feeling like an ass for being in the handicap stall. 
    No, there were four stalls, and the others were not occupied.  The employee was embarrassed because I saw her confessing to a cashier when I checked out.  I don't think she will do that again.  She was young.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Speaking of this, why are there so many different seat heights on toilets?  There is one hotel chain that features super low seats.  (Hilton Garden Inn)  They are really hard for me to get up from the low position.  This is in the USA!
    Anybody know anything about plumbing fixtures?

http://homeability.com/whats-the-best-toilet-height/

httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    CMGragain said:
    Speaking of this, why are there so many different seat heights on toilets?  There is one hotel chain that features super low seats.  (Hilton Garden Inn)  They are really hard for me to get up from the low position.  This is in the USA!

I do not, but since having a boy, I'm the opposite.  I'm like "Why are some of these so high?"  DD obviously never stood to pee, so it was less of an issue, but DS can't reach some of the toilets we run across.  I have to hold him up and try to aim him, or just have him sit.  (I always wondered how people managed to get pee on the seat, and now I have some theories.  Although I also agree that I do NOT understand not wiping up afterward.) 

So, I'm definitely not saying they should all be low to accommodate 3 y.o. recently potty trained boys.  I will just say that lately, I have really noticed the vast variation in toilet heights.
  • Options

As an ER nurse, I've stepped in various things during my career but never in a public bathroom. Accidents happen but people should clean up after themselves.

I wouldn't have thrown out the shoes. Wipe off, soak in bleach or other cleaning solution and depending on shoe type, wash in washing machine. If I threw out a pair of shoes everytime I stepped in something, I would be broke.

• Options
    If I threw out everything that touched human poo I'd have so much laundry to do.

That said, I'd spray Lysol all over them....even with a Q Tip.

If I wore my shoes on a NYC subway, I'd expect to find the same residue.    
  • Options

So  think I told this story before but I work in an office with really thin walls and sit in a cubicle right next to the bathrooms.  I know everyone's habits in my office.  One coworker 'H' is a strainer and makes lots of faint noises while using the restroom.  But the worst is 'B'.  He NEVER washes his hands when he is done, and he has an issue aiming...its horrible.

@CMGragain, If I heard you or someone else asking for assistance in a public restroom I would come to your aid.  I worked in a retail store with only 3 stalls for many years and it wasn't uncommon for someone to end up in the non-handicapped stall because it was occupied.  I have seen people get very creative on the walls/doors with whatever organically derived art supplies they had available to them...nothing was off limits!

• Options
    Heffalump said:
    CMGragain said:

I do not, but since having a boy, I'm the opposite.  I'm like "Why are some of these so high?"  DD obviously never stood to pee, so it was less of an issue, but DS can't reach some of the toilets we run across.  I have to hold him up and try to aim him, or just have him sit.  (I always wondered how people managed to get pee on the seat, and now I have some theories.  Although I also agree that I do NOT understand not wiping up afterward.) 

So, I'm definitely not saying they should all be low to accommodate 3 y.o. recently potty trained boys.  I will just say that lately, I have really noticed the vast variation in toilet heights.
    Mother of two boys (now men) here. Yes, I either had them sit or stand on a small step stool.
  • Options
    I have heard, and I don't have anything quotable right now, that there are some um cultural differences in toilet usage. Like people stand on the seat and squat instead of sitting on the seat. 
    Maybe that's the reason for the rogue poop. 

But yeah, grab a huge handful of tissue and clean it if you did it!

• Options
    I have heard, and I don't have anything quotable right now, that there are some um cultural differences in toilet usage. Like people stand on the seat and squat instead of sitting on the seat. 

Ever been to Japan?  The ladies room at Haneda Airport has three different styles of toilets, including a squat on the floor style one that flushes!  I chose the super high tech combination toilet/bidet with squirting water to cleanse your backside!  Always carry toilet paper in your purse when you travel abroad!
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    lovesclimbinglovesclimbing member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited March 2017

I have a friend in New Zealand whose kids when they're little stand on the seat and squat to go. It's not a cultural thing for them, it's just when they're too small to sit on a regular toilet. 

She's kind of a crunchy person and says squatting is actually the most ... ergonomic I guess? way to go number two. Apparently there are stools sold just for this purpose. You place them against the bottom of the toilet and put your feet on it when you are pooping. It elevates your knees and supposedly aligns everything the best for optimal pooping. 
  • Options

I have a friend in New Zealand whose kids when they're little stand on the seat and squat to go. It's not a cultural thing for them, it's just when they're too small to sit on a regular toilet. 

She's kind of a crunchy person and says squatting is actually the most ... ergonomic I guess? way to go number two. Apparently there are stools sold just for this purpose. You place them against the bottom of the toilet and put your feet on it when you are pooping. It elevates your knees and supposedly aligns everything the best for optimal pooping. 
    Ever watch Shark Tank? 

https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/squatty-potty-reg-ecco-toilet-stool/3250796?skuId=42494102&mcid=PS_googlepla_nonbrand_baby_&product_id=42494102&adpos=1o1&creative=43742625109&device=c&matchtype=&network=g&gclid=CjwKEAiA_9nFBRCsurz7y_Px8xoSJAAUqvKCXZgxjvNXV4jiIPrerJuJYa4MRhTA4Ucq-0tVYNp1lhoCVYjw_wcB

• Options

Ever watch Shark Tank? 

https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/squatty-potty-reg-ecco-toilet-stool/3250796?skuId=42494102&mcid=PS_googlepla_nonbrand_baby_&product_id=42494102&adpos=1o1&creative=43742625109&device=c&matchtype=&network=g&gclid=CjwKEAiA_9nFBRCsurz7y_Px8xoSJAAUqvKCXZgxjvNXV4jiIPrerJuJYa4MRhTA4Ucq-0tVYNp1lhoCVYjw_wcB
    H and I bought one, H's idea, it has changed our lives. 
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    LOL!  OK, I watched the video.  This isn't one of my problems.  Damn chemo gives me diarrhea!
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    justsie said:

Ever watch Shark Tank? 

One of my best friends bought a Squatty Potty. She loves it. I'm starting to consider one for DH and I after hearing so many good things!

• Options
    justsie said:

Ever watch Shark Tank? 

One of my best friends bought a Squatty Potty. She loves it. I'm starting to consider one for DH and I after hearing so many good things!
    Christmas 2015, just about every family on H's side gave someone in their family a Squatty Potty. H got one from his parents and uses it all the time (or so he tells me).
  • Options

Ever watch Shark Tank? 

Never seen it, but now that I see the brand, that's actually the one my friend talked about. I couldn't remember the name. 
  • Options
    At my office, which rarely has outside visitors and is in a secure building, had a month were poop was smeared on the stall walls on 3 occasions. Since I'm the photog, HR made me take photos to document it. They never figured out who was doing it. :dizzy:
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    At my office, which rarely has outside visitors and is in a secure building, had a month were poop was smeared on the stall walls on 3 occasions. Since I'm the photog, HR made me take photos to document it. They never figured out who was doing it. :dizzy:
    Gross!