• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
Food and Cakes

Menu Suggestions

We've decided to do stations for our wedding.

Salad, taco bar and an interactive pasta station.  But, something is missing.  Thoughts or ideas?  

Re: Menu Suggestions

• I'm a vegetarian so I'd be good with your menu, but maybe it's missing an "obvious" meat? I assume people could get meat in their tacos & pasta, but some people like to see an option that's just plain meat. Could you do one of those things where the guy cuts the meat for people? (Clearly I have no idea how meat works so maybe someone else can be of more help!)
    OurWildKingdomMesmrEwe
  • Lol @ahoywedding it's called a carving station. I agree that some kind of meat is what's missing.
    Yes! We're having one of those, I should probably learn what it's called lol. Thank you! 
    thefanciestbecklerSP29cowgirl8238
  • SP29SP29 member
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Love Its 5 Answers
    What kind of taco options are you providing?

Is there more than one type of each salad/taco/pasta?

Overall, as long as there is enough food, what you have planned so far is fine (vegetables, carbs/starch, ?meat), but since you are looking to add more, I would add in a carving station and some roasted vegetable options.
    charlotte989875ernursejOurWildKingdomcowgirl8238
  • If the pastas/tacos are customizable you might be fine, but if they are preassembled, make sure that there is one that is vegetarian and the other can have meat. A carving station is a great addition. You could always have chicken tacos and a beef carve if you don't want too much beef.
    ei34OurWildKingdomahoyweddingcowgirl8238
  • There will be 3 different salad choices.  We are going to do a chicken, carnitas and fish taco option.  The pasta station will be interactive, so people will have the chef make theirs with what they want.  

I am thinking another station with a basic chicken and veggies.  
    OurWildKingdomSP29
  • OurWildKingdomOurWildKingdom in the 216 member
    2500 Comments 500 Love Its Third Anniversary 5 Answers
    There will be 3 different salad choices.  We are going to do a chicken, carnitas and fish taco option.  The pasta station will be interactive, so people will have the chef make theirs with what they want.  

I am thinking another station with a basic chicken and veggies.  
    Roasted chicken (or turkey) and roasted veggies would be great.
  • I agree with @OurWildKingdom
    Something roasted chicken or roast beef, something like that. 

And now I want a taco.
    OurWildKingdomcharlotte989875SP29cowgirl8238
  • OurWildKingdomOurWildKingdom in the 216 member
    2500 Comments 500 Love Its Third Anniversary 5 Answers
    A mashed potato bar might be good too.
    ei34sparklepants41