Wedding Woes
Options

Wednesday!

2»

Re: Wednesday!

• Options
    GBCKGBCK member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    I am a wreck.  I still have not made up for having only 2 hours of sleep on Tuesday night, and I didn't sleep last night either.
    And I am to wired to sleep and to sleepy to be productive.  (so I drove to town and bought dog food)

As those of you on FB know, I got a job offer last night.
    I sent a "ok, I'm super interested, I need some details on benefits, like the price, because of our insurance weirdness".  And I got back...NOTHING so far.
    ARGH.  these people really suck at communicating.

Also, last night, we finally got the bloodtest results from Dawg's 5th?  $200 blood test.  The answer is....this lower dosage of the $100 a month Cushing's med is appropriate.  Her symptoms are improved (not as improved as they were on the higher dose, but, improved) on it, but not gone, but we're having to split that difference.
    And since treating the cushings is making her legs work a bit less, we're going to start a new pain med.  Not the cheap pain meds--no no, she's allergic/sensitive/has her rear explode from the affordable family, and her liver and kidneys are to old for the next affordable family, so expensive fucking meds.    Because we're trying to figure out how much of some of this is pain, and how much is just old age, and how much is just her being weird (because getting trapped on the linoleum not smart enough to stand up?  SOME of that is bad knees.  Some of that is old age.  and some of it is really that she's a really nice dog with an IQ rivaling a shoe full of rocks.  A very small dumb shoe.)

(please note, I've been unemployed for almost 2 fucking years now.  The math here is KILLING us.  It's like, weekly, 'drive to vets.  set cash on fire.  fan flames with more cash.  which you throw into fire.  then fed more cash to the dog.'.  We're approaching the point where, for a 13 year old dog, cash may become a limiting factor and I hate that.  Because I don't want it to be.  But I also don't want to drop $5000 more to stretch things out when it gets to be to bad.  SHe's not 'bad' yet, but, rapidly approaching)

Also, we've been really straightforward w/ the kiddo about all of this, because...how else are you gonna be?
    She's been telling everyone Dawg's fur is growing in better (baldness is part of Cushing's.  YES, this dog is a mess.  Remember I've been posting about her mess for 13 years now, starting with being allergic to her fucking spay surgery, and the allergy meds starting a bout of mange so her face went bald?  yeah.  She's that dog), so she's obviously getting better.
    I have no idea what to do with that.  Saying "nope, she's dying." isn't quite true--and we don't know if we have a year or 5 months, so counterproductive. (although I'll be shocked if it's a year).  But saying "huh, she IS getting better" is CLEARLY not true.
    So we're smiling and nodding.  She's gonna be heartbroken.
    (Dawg is sleeping happily in a mile at my feet right now.  SHe just got her faced washed by the devil cat--who really loves her a lot.  She's happy and not in pain most of the time, I think.  But I wish I knew how much pain she's in so I could make better choices.)
    (fuck, I"m a mess today.  I'd delete this, but I already typed it.  And since power and internet are blinking here (60 mph wind gusts!  power going out all over!), I"ll post while I can and make you guys deal w/ my weepy self.
  • Options
    It's official. It's gone. 7 hours of my work, sweat and tears. Deleted from the system with no chance of recovery or information on who/how or when it was deleted. 

I've gone full housewife on this project. 

• Options
    @GBCK I'm so sorry. Sending you hugs. 

@kimmiinthemitten that sucks!!!! How did it happen? And there's definitely no chance of recovery? 
  • Options
    @GBCK  yay for job interview but big hugs on Dawg issues :(<3

@kimmiinthemitten  you need that table flip game lol
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    @sparklepants41 no idea. It's a web based (edit for autocorrect) program and the people who operate the page are just saying it's deleted but they don't track when or who did it. Womp womp. 

I guess I need to be more careful about what I complain about. My once boring day now just added this to the table. Thankfully I live next to a dentist office and they already came by to tell me they called to have it chopped down. 

• Options
    @GBCK I am so sorry. Dealing with a pet's health is brutal. My childhood dog's name was Dawg too. He was a story and a half, not without medical bills. I hope your Dawg's health issues are figured out soon and life gets a little easier.
  • Options
    @kimmiinthemitten  what on earth happened with the tree!? any damage?
  • Options
    @gbck I'm so sorry about your pup.  Those aren't easy decisions to make ever!  Hopefully you hear back from this job soon!

We are having extreme winds today - up to 60 MPH gusts.  400,000 people in Metro Detroit are without power so thankfully I'm not one of them. Basically it's so bad even the outage map crashed.  Thankfully, it missed our deck by about 10 feet so we're lucky.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    @kimmiinthemitten that really really sucks about all your hard work!!! YIKES to that tree!!! That's really lucky that it missed your deck and that no one was in the backyard at the time! And that's great that the dentist office next door is going to have it removed!
  • Options
    I'm side-eyeing the shit out of my coworker who left work super early - despite the fact that our team has a boatload of deadlines this week - to go to a high school hockey game when none of her kids play hockey and she doesn't know any of the kids on the team.
  • Options
    Wind is bad here as well - up over 80 mph. Trains blown off the track, semi trucks tipped over on the highways, schools are closing and we have a travel advisory with many streets closed due to downed trees. Driving home should be fun. 
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    @kimmiinthemitten is it sharepoint?  Unless they dump the recycle bin regularly (which nobody does) it's still in there.  I might be able to help if it's that. 
  • Options
    Ro041Ro041 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Someone convince me to stop responding to comments on a FB Weddings BST site where people are saying not to worry about what guests are doing during a gap because "IT'S YOUR DAY!!!"  My eye is twitching.  

• Options
    Step away from the crazies!
  • Options
    Fun with high winds here in Ohio, too. 
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Holy hell, @kimmiinthemitten! What a day! 

I'm so sorry about Dawg, @GBCK. All the hugs!

We've got crazy winds here in Northeast Ohio too. No downed trees or power outages as far as I know, but driving home was scary. According to Housemate, Moose spent most of the day upstairs with her and the cats because the wind freaked him out so much. I took him out when I got home, and he was even more hyper than usual.

ETA: A couple FB friends about 20 minutes south have been without power for a few hours.
  • Options
    @charlotte989875 is that your house?  I was wondering if you, @GBCK and @kvruns were getting hit hard too!
  • Options
    @OurWildKingdom you're near Cleveland, right?
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    @OurWildKingdom you're near Cleveland, right?

SITB

Yes, on the west side of Cleveland. On my drive home, I saw sand blowing around -- looked like a dust storm! We still have power at the moment.
  • Options
    @charlotte989875 is that your house?  I was wondering if you, @GBCK and @kvruns were getting hit hard too!
    Thankfully it's the shed in the back and not the house; it's also the phone/internet and not the power line so that's a plus. We still have power and the wind is supposed to die down overnight so only a few more hours of potential damage. 
  • Options

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman