Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Just venting

2»

Re: Just venting

• Options
    Just an update,  I just received a text message with registry information.  I wish I could say I'm shocked. 
  • Options
    Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited June 2017
    Wow.

Yeah, the outdoors here in Houston isn't a good place to be in the summer while dressed up during a 5-hour gap. Big time ugh.

If I were in your situation and really wanted to attend the wedding in spite of the gap, I think I'd have some books or crossword/sudoku puzzles handy, or something like that.

As for the registry information, compound ugh on top of the one above.
  • Options
    That is brilliant, @MairePoppy!
  • Options
    I think if you're close enough to the friend after this you can be up front, "We're really excited for you but due to the gap we can only attend your ceremony OR reception.   We wish you well but if the gap stays then we will be attending the ceremony."  

This is his piss poor planning.

Is he greedy or just kind of unaware of social protocol? 
  • Options
    HAHAHHA @MairePoppy I now wish I knew how. That is brilliant. He is H's friend, so I am leaving it up to H to tell him that we are only attending the ceremony. We are from Houston so I am fully aware of what kind of weather it is going to be and am truly not looking forward to that part. 

I believe in my heart he is just naive. He has intense anxiety, so I really wonder if he is just not seeking out information about how to do this thing so he doesn't feel like he is doing it wrong, even though he knows he is. Does that make sense? Allowing himself to live in that cognitive dissonance because it is easier for him. Some of his close friends are also mine and were around when I was planning, so they have told him repeatedly to ask me about how it should go and he has never reached out. 
  • Options
    @justsie - try etsy :)